Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

YouTube Premium thread SEE OP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Any slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Any slots?

Honestly, why bother? It's pocket money and an absolute bargain to sign up yourself.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Honestly, why bother? It's pocket money and an absolute bargain to sign up yourself.

I suppose you're right, I have so many Google accounts because of workspaces or whatever they call it now not working on various things, was hoping to not need another.
    In the end I didn't need a new account, so all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I have a slot free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,935 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

I set up India account months ago and I just notice I'm paying €8.13 per month.

Anyone know why it's this high?

• Advertisement

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I set up India account months ago and I just notice I'm paying €8.13 per month.

Anyone know why it's this high?

Go in and check your account on youtube and it'll tell you. Sounds like an Irish price.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Hi guys,

I purchased a family account before setting up my google family and premium is not working on the extra accounts.

Any way around this?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Hi guys,

I purchased a family account before setting up my google family and premium is not working on the extra accounts.

Any way around this?

Have they accepted the invitation?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Have they accepted the invitation?

When i try on accept on extra accounts(with vpn on) get message "Looks like you're in a different country than the family manager."

Got charged 1.11 for single arg account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

Up and running for the 1.15 a month. One of the biggest inconveniences removed from my life. Thanks OP.

As an aside I had to register for premium through the browser as the app wasn’t showing the Argentinian price when running through tunnel bear. Indian prices showed in the app however.

When i try on accept on extra accounts(with vpn on) get message "Looks like you're in a different country than the family manager."

The accounts need to be in the same region, you can change region somehow, I just added a new payment profile in Google pay.

The family manager's account doesn't have to be in India/Argentina btw.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭sgthighway

TheDriver wrote: »

Agreed. Probably the Best Bargain for a few years. Just how much time did we spending watching the adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭Maz2016

Signed up for this last night. Was very straightforward. Delighted. One query. I signed up on the Argentina store. When I listen to YouTube music, it’s from the Argentina store - like top 100 hits in Argentina. Can I change this back to the Irish lists?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Maz2016 wrote: »
    Signed up for this last night. Was very straightforward. Delighted. One query. I signed up on the Argentina store. When I listen to YouTube music, it’s from the Argentina store - like top 100 hits in Argentina. Can I change this back to the Irish lists?

Open App
    Explore
    Charts
    Ireland

I don't really use the YT Music App, but that's what I found in there.

Maz2016 wrote: »

Do you still have your VPN set to argentina?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

You can manually find the Irish charts, but the app/site will continue to push the country of payment's charts/recommendations etc. regardless of what country setting you have set in YouTube. I've been trying to get rid of the Indian content for ages but no luck, and googling suggests nobody else has worked around it yet either.
    Its particularly annoying when it returns loads of Indian (in my case) search results and suggested playlists full of indian music, but you can mostly clear up your Home tab by listening to your own music. The default Explore tab remains a mess however. At least for me through India.

edit: looks like the above is true for the country of the accounts initial creation, rather than the country of your current payments profile.

Fair enough - hadnt noticed that.

Dont mind a bit of Argentinian pop, myself. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

For me it stays in Irish stuff. I used the vpn only when signing up and paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭wiz569

Mine stays in Irish/English as it was before, are you using a brand new account or an old original one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

You can manually find the Irish charts, but the app/site will continue to push the country of payment's charts/recommendations etc. regardless of what country setting you have set in YouTube. I've been trying to get rid of the Indian content for ages but no luck, and googling suggests nobody else has worked around it yet either.
    Its particularly annoying when it returns loads of Indian (in my case) search results and suggested playlists full of indian music, but you can mostly clear up your Home tab by listening to your own music. The default Explore tab remains a mess however. At least for me through India.

I'm through India also and all my content is as I would expect, BBC, rte,etc. You must have setup a brand new account with no usage to establish location patterns

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Bill Ponderosa

I'm through India also and all my content is as I would expect, BBC, rte,etc. You must have setup a brand new account with no usage to establish location patterns

So you're getting rte and bbc content through YouTube music?

• Registered Users Posts: 818 ✭✭✭setanta1984

Don't know what the mentions of BBC and RTE etc. are about, but yes I created a brand new account in India for it.
    I assume that explains why those who just changed payment profile country on existing accounts continue to get irish charts/recommendations others don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Leftwaffe

I really hope this doesn’t get found out soon because it’s a great find. No ads across all devices now. Background play and downloads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

Someone mentioned some posts back that they were worried about using their main account for this.
    I found a Google site that enables backing up part of/entire accounts. It might come in handy for some.

https://takeout.google.com

• Registered Users Posts: 4,308 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

So you're getting rte and bbc content through YouTube music?

Ah.....pedanticism...I meant getting Irish and English style clips and general Irish/ English recommendations on YouTube.

YouTube premium is not just YouTube music.

And yes rte and BBC both have videos that shows on my queues

• Registered Users Posts: 12,444 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Leftwaffe wrote: »
      I really hope this doesn’t get found out soon because it’s a great find. No ads across all devices now. Background play and downloads.

Even if they do twig it theres not a lot they can do. Recurring billing. Theyre not going to bother tracking everyone down and having a "oh well I was living in Argentina when I signed up" conversation.

And they can't hike the price too much in Argentina or no one will buy it because the place is so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

id say Google twigged this before this thread was started. Google dont care. its not worth going after 10k people in ireland when maybe 100k in ireland actually pay the full irish rate.

But if everyone starts doing it, google will easily flip a switch to stop this.

id say Google twigged this before this thread was started. Google dont care. its not worth going after 10k people in ireland when maybe 100k in ireland actually pay the full irish rate.

But if everyone starts doing it, google will easily flip a switch to stop this.

I'd say more than 100 people in Ireland are doing this. Like the netflix thread, it's a tiny amount that actually like the bargain hunt.

• Advertisement
    • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭JTMan

Don't know what the mentions of BBC and RTE etc. are about, but yes I created a brand new account in India for it.
      I assume that explains why those who just changed payment profile country on existing accounts continue to get irish charts/recommendations others don't.

Sorry, just to be crystal clear ... one is best creating a brand new Gmail/Google account for the registration and also a brand new Gmail/Google account for each family member. The reason is you will continue to get local music recommendations rather than Indian music. Is my logic right? Thanks.

Advertisement