Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Currys and Brexit

Comments

manlad wrote: »
    did you get notice of it arriving or updated tracking from currys/dpd?

I originally ordered on 13 Jan and received an order acknowledgement. I was emailed an order confirmation and e-receipt with a tracking number on Monday after getting on to customer service. On Tuesday I got the text with the arrival date and timeslot for delivery today.

Tracked it as I was expecting it to be delayed or something, but it arrived within the timeslot and with no extra charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hello2020

ordered two laptops from Currys.ie .. DPD delivered both today .. no extra charge

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Similar to above. Ordered Monday and arrived today no issues

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Timfy

Just a quick heads up that those off you awaiting Nespresso Vertuo devices from Currys (I know there's a few of you) that the 100 free coffee capsule offer ends on 31st of the month. If you haven't received and registered your device by then, you have lost not only a 100 capsules but also two free months subscription worth another €60

This offer was the only reason I ordered the machine and it will be heading straight back to the UK if it gets here late. Mine was ordered on 3rd Jan, last DPD update 11th Jan. I'm not particularly optimistic!

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭MissShihTzu

Timfy wrote: »
    Just a quick heads up that those off you awaiting Nespresso Vertuo devices from Currys (I know theres a few of you) that the €100 free coffee offer ends on 31st of the month. If you haven't received and registered your device by then, you have lost not only a €100 of capsules but also two free months subscription worth another €60

This offer was the only reason I ordered the machine and it will be heading straight back to the UK if it gets here late. Mine was ordered on 3rd Jan, last DPD update 11th Jan. I'm not particularly optimistic!

Speak to Nespresso direct and explain. They're usually pretty helpful.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Small items are exempt from charges.
    I am aware that items costing <€22 don't attract charges . You missed the bit about the desk and other stuff I got.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

I ordered from Currys (ie website) on the 7th. I got a text about delays next day and on the 16th, was notified that it's on its way. Tracking says it's left the UK on 18th and no update since. I'm kicking myself for not checking whether Currys despatch from Ireland or UK, it never occurred to me that the stock wasn't in Ireland. I don't need the item really urgently so if I was confident it will eventually arrive, I wouldn't really mind but I'm not sure it will!

I ordered something in early January from Argos and it got stuck in the customs delays (again I didn't know it would come from the UK) but it arrived today.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

I’m still waiting on the virus scanner and Microsoft office I ordered from Currys for the laptop that arrived on Monday. It was “heading to Ireland” but for the last 3 days it’s saying “Sorted by distribution centre”. I know if I go and order them elsewhere suddenly I’ll get a message from Currys re next days delivery.

Carodh wrote: »
    I’m still waiting on the virus scanner and Microsoft office I ordered from Currys for the laptop that arrived on Monday. It was “heading to Ireland” but for the last 3 days it’s saying “Sorted by distribution centre”. I know if I go and order them elsewhere suddenly I’ll get a message from Currys re next days delivery.

You're going to be even more annoyed when you receive them and realise they are just printed codes that could have simply been emailed :-)

Actually that opens a whole new tin of worms... will UK supplied software licences be valid in the EU? Probably not a question for this thread but definitely something to ponder.

No trees were harmed in the posting of this message, however a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

Anyone in same position as me

Ordered 26th December ,these are updates

30 Dec 2020 18:35 Athlone Sorted by distribution centre
    29 Dec 2020 19:01 DPD We have your parcel and it's on its way to our depot
    29 Dec 2020 07:01 CurrysPCW We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

Currys keep telling it delayed due to Brexit though it seems to be in Ireland since the 30th December or am I missing something ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

My delivery arrived this morning...

No charges.

Got the text last week to say our order was due yesterday. Instead of the order arriving, got a text from DPD with the customs bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭manlad

Still no update from Currys, just the same apology from the customer service team via twitter. I don't understand how it can take a package 13 days to get back to them from DPD within the same country. Also that they can't just send another items as opposed to waiting to change the label on the original.

I was actually a big fan of currys prior to this happening but the way they've managed it from a PR perspective is terrible. Will aim to use Irish only in future or other EU specific that don't ship via UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,113 ✭✭✭✭Dodge

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

Dodge wrote: »

My Currys delivery arrived today w/o any further charges. Ordered on the 12th, estimated delivery date was the 19th. Was informed by DPD on Monday that the order was shipped from the UK to Ireland.
    I might have just missed the Brexit- chaos.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

Just received email from currys, they cancelled my order and offering 30e voucher.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Gileadi wrote: »
    Just received email from currys, they cancelled my order and offering 30e voucher.

As did I.

The item i had ordered has gone up in price by €40.

They state they will refund the difference if ordered again.

I am wondering if the difference to be refunded will be €40 or €10 after the voucher though. (probably the latter)

Gileadi wrote: »
    Did you request it to be cancelled or they just can't fulfill it?

I've noticed the item I bought has now returned to normal pricing (an increase of €169 from what I paid). I wonder is it a delay tactic to get me to cancel the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭tiegan

I was one of those who received a text from Currys.ie last weekend apologizing for delay and to let me know my item would be with me"on or before 22nd January" - well no surprises, nothing delivered. But on the plus side, no demands for VAT either!! This was a 1200e laptop, so will ring on Monday and cancel my order if I do not get another update. Fed up of waiting!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Gileadi

manlad wrote: »
    Did you request it to be cancelled or they just can't fulfill it?

They could fulfil it looks like, I didn’t request a cancellation anyway.

I ordered around the 7th, and had got the few texts pushing out the delivery date, was due to arrive today.

• Advertisement

I had an e-mail from Currys stating they've cancelled my order (although I cancelled it myself anyway). They've offered a E30 voucher to be used before 22/4/20.

For me? This is fair enough. They made a mess, p1ssed off a lot of people, but are now trying to get things right.

Chapter closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭kerdiff

I had an e-mail from Currys stating they've cancelled my order (although I cancelled it myself anyway). They've offered a E30 voucher to be used before 22/4/20.

For me? This is fair enough. They made a mess, p1ssed off a lot of people, but are now trying to get things right.

Chapter closed.

I got the same E mail today, although they offered me a €30 voucher I'm still pi**ed off about the whole thing.....I most certainly wont be using Currys again( after I spend my €30 voucher)🙂

So, no delivery today as promised and a Curry's CS rep on Facebook advised me that the item is with Currys, in the UK. Offered me a refund but I said I'd wait it out. I then asked for clarification on an expected delivery date and now CS are ghosting me!!! It's like using the postal service as it takes 24hrs for every response!

Still no official updates since 11th Jan although I was advised on 9th Jan by DPD that it was being returned as Curry's did not supply their Economic Operators' Registration and Identification (EORI) number
    Where has my parcel been?

Date & Time Location Description
    11 Jan 2021 13:18 Sheffield Your parcel is on its way back to CurrysPCW
    07 Jan 2021 11:27 International Gateway There's a delay with your parcel at our hub
    05 Jan 2021 13:44 Hub 4 - Hinckley There's a delay with your parcel at our hub
    05 Jan 2021 05:40 Hub 4 - Hinckley There's a delay with your parcel at our hub
    05 Jan 2021 05:39 Hub 4 - Hinckley There's a delay with your parcel at our hub
    03 Jan 2021 23:34 Hub 4 - Hinckley We have your parcel, and it's on its way to our Athlone depot
    03 Jan 2021 20:01 CurrysPCW We've received your order details, but have not yet received your parcel

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Carodh

Timfy wrote: »
    You're going to be even more annoyed when you receive them and realise they are just printed codes that could have simply been emailed :-)

Actually that opens a whole new tin of worms... will UK supplied software licences be valid in the EU? Probably not a question for this thread but definitely something to ponder.

That did cross my mind the other day. That they would be basically be codes.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭Skipper12

Final reminder. Payment of Customs Charges before delivery required for DPD Ireland shipment from EIRE delivery. Pay securely NOW - https://customspayments.dpd.ie

Thanks in advance for your online payment.

Received this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I ignored all the customs emails from DPD. I logged on to track the package today and it says out for delivery.

This is what I can see in terms of latest package update tracker

Where has my parcel been?

Date & Time.
    22 Jan 2021 16:48
    Location.
    Athlone
    Sorted by distribution centre
    Date & Time.
    22 Jan 2021 01:35
    Location.
    Athlone
    Date & Time.
    22 Jan 2021 01:33
    Location.
    Athlone
    Date & Time.
    21 Jan 2021 01:25
    Location.
    Athlone
    Date & Time.
    08 Jan 2021 15:25
    Location.
    International Gateway
    Your parcel has left the United Kingdom and is on its way to Republic Of Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭Davexirl

Davexirl wrote: »
    I ignored all the customs emails from DPD. I logged on to track the package today and it says out for delivery.

The printer has finally been delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Skipper12 wrote: »
    Final reminder. Payment of Customs Charges before delivery required for DPD Ireland shipment from EIRE delivery. Pay securely NOW - https://customspayments.dpd.ie

Thanks in advance for your online payment.

Received this morning

I got the same crap and when I track my order it says reminder for payment sent and it's travelling through the DPD network.

20 days now they have my money.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement

Order data received from sender

Head Office

04/1/2021 at 10:19

Hub Scan

05/1/2021 at 1:13

Hub Scan

06/1/2021 at 16:51

Notification sent re. payment duty/taxes

Head Office

20/1/2021 at 16:41

Your parcel is travelling through the DPD network

Head Office

21/1/2021 at 1:25

Reminder sent re. payment/authorisation

Head Office

21/1/2021 at 7:00

Head Office

22/1/2021 at 1:33

Head Office

22/1/2021 at 1:35

Head Office

22/1/2021 at 7:00

Head Office

22/1/2021 at 16:48

Head Office

23/1/2021 at 7:00

Security Scan

Dpd Dublin North West

23/1/2021 at 8:30

DPD IE UK Inbound

Dpd Dublin North West

23/1/2021 at 8:31

Your parcel is on a van and due for delivery, between 10:53 - 11

Dpd Dublin North West

23/1/2021 at 8:42

Will keep updating here to let others know.

Advertisement