Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Virgin Media Cancellation deals

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭Holly13

Mav11 wrote: »
    Hi Holly. Had a slot between 9am to 1pm. Rang me around 10am and arrived about 10.15am. Must say very helpful and efficient!!!!

Thanks for reply. I had a slot from 9.00 to 17.00. Rang customer care at 4pm to see if engineer was coming. They told me they couldn’t check and to wait til 5. No show. Rang to cancel order/account at 5pm and they told me the cancellation team finis at 5pm! Lol, definitely cancelling on Monday!

Nokia6230i wrote: »
    In terms of cancelling; when should I do it?

Virgin Bill goes out at the end of the month so this month it's Tuesday the 31st of December, New Years Eve.

But I **think** billing period, and therefore coverage, is from 14th of one month to 14th of next?

So too late to cancel for this month but I want to be gone in January; I also want to time it right with Vodafone to make sure I'm not left without coverage; all I have is a laptop & use it for everything including watching TV.

I would be careful with Vodafone if you work Mon- Fri 9-5. They only do installation during these times. Engineer did not show up for me today. Customer care team are in India and can’t really do anything to help

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Holly13 wrote: »
    I would be careful with Vodafone if you work Mon- Fri 9-5. They only do installation during these times. Engineer did not show up for me today. Customer care team are in India and can’t really do anything to help

They do installations too all day on a Saturday and I’ve always been speaking to Irish people when I call and they’ve always been very helpful.

They do installations too all day on a Saturday and I’ve always been speaking to Irish people when I call and they’ve always been very helpful.

Really? I ordered broadband only and online. Was told they don’t do Saturday installation and they tried to reschedule my installation appointment for Monday. The people who call me to confirm installation appointment are Irish, but am instructed to call 1907 with problems which is customer care in India.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭Mav11

Holly13 wrote: »
    Really? I ordered broadband only and online. Was told they don’t do Saturday installation and they tried to reschedule my installation appointment for Monday. The people who call me to confirm installation appointment are Irish, but am instructed to call 1907 with problems which is customer care in India.

It wasn't VF who carried out the installation for me. I was contacted by Openeir yesterday to say that their service providers Kuen and Nagel (KN) would be along today. AFAIK VF only provide the router by post and eir carries out the commissioning as they own the network.

BTW VF still working great!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Oh maybe it’s only Siro that they do on a Saturday so. I don’t know how people are supposed to do weekday installations.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pablo57

Am I right in saying that VM customers have until 28 January to cancel without penalty, with regards the price increase?

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

pablo57 wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that VM customers have until 28 January to cancel without penalty, with regards the price increase?

It depends on your billing period. Mine takes effect from the 14th. It should give the exact date in the email they sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 pablo57

maki wrote: »
    It depends on your billing period. Mine takes effect from the 14th. It should give the exact date in the email they sent.
    Ah right. My email is as below, it's just the wording ('effective date'??) that confused me a little:

"We really hope that you’ll continue to enjoy your Virgin Media package, however, you can change or cancel your service because of the broadband price change by giving us 30 days notice. You can do this without penalty any time before your effective date of January 28th 2020. Simply call us on 1908 and a member of our team will be happy to help you."

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭B_ecke_r

rang yesterday RE price increase (was out of contract anyway)

initially offered 15 x 6 which didnt interest me at all,

2 seconds on hold came back wiith half price for six months

so €49.50 for six months for 500mb, tv and home phone then up to €99 which is what we were paying for 360mb bundle so very happy to stay for another year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

The waiting game paid off :-)

Just got a call from VM loyalty team. €30.00 for 9 months and €60.00 for the last 3 months. 250mb BB

Happy Days

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭tall chapy

Called them yesterday, got offer half price which was first ever, said no, offered 15 off for 6 months said no. Eventually go half price 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 343 ✭✭alowe

Quick question please - went through with cancellation - due to be disconnected next saturday - having issues with sky installation times that may not get done before saturday, so may revert back to virgin media. Is it possible for me to ring them and cancel my cancellation and until when do I have? i.e. can I ring them the day before they're due to cut me off, and just continue my contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You can withdraw or postpone at any stage. I would suggest extending your cancellation a few days beyond the expected install date, and don’t port your phone number to Sky (if applicable) until you’re sure you’re definitely cancelling VM. If the product is disconnected and needs to be reactivated, you’re back into a 12 month contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭CoBo55

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You can withdraw or postpone at any stage. I would suggest extending your cancellation a few days beyond the expected install date, and don’t port your phone number to Sky (if applicable) until you’re sure you’re definitely cancelling VM. If the product is disconnected and needs to be reactivated, you’re back into a 12 month contract.

Not necessarily, he could rejoin on the monthly no contact plan and give the required 30 days notice when the other provider is up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,379 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

CoBo55 wrote: »
    Not necessarily, he could rejoin on the monthly no contact plan and give the required 30 days notice when the other provider is up and running.

The problem with that scenario is that those products are for new customers only so would need to be signed up in a different name, so the old phone number wouldn’t be retained.

Pretty sure there activation fees also for this package.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The problem with that scenario is that those products are for new customers only so would need to be signed up in a different name, so the old phone number wouldn’t be retained.

Pretty sure there activation fees also for this package.

Self install is available, shouldn't be a problem with everything there. The phone number could be a problem alright, I never used the phone, never even plugged a phone into the modem!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

i dont know where people get the issue part, i was disconnected by VM giving proper cancelling notice and then they caved in and 2 weeks before got a call with a nice deal, but rep failed to communicate that to rest of department and was cut off at months mark, had to call back and it was just 3-4hrs until cable was patched back in from their end really, dont think they mess with cabinet unless their due some job earlier to completely cut off one asap. then again if theres demand then could be longer wait if reconnecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭KD11

Painless enough this year. On the phone for maybe 5min, got it down to 54 x9m and 67x 3m with an increase to 500mb from my current 360. Happy to pay for 500mb. Only €3 more per year than the new customer offer.

Hopefully SIRO is an option next year so that i actually have something to haggle with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭degsie

KD11 wrote: »
    Painless enough this year. On the phone for maybe 5min, got it down to 54 x9m and 67x 3m with an increase to 500mb from my current 360. Happy to pay for 500mb. Only €3 more per year than the new customer offer.

Hopefully SIRO is an option next year so that i actually have something to haggle with.

I know it's in the thread somewhere, but what is the number you call?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    I know it's in the thread somewhere, but what is the number you call?

I just rang the 1908 number and followed along till you get to billing. It will be the loyalty team giving the deals though so try to get through to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Have you phone & tv too?

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Have you phone & tv too?

No, dont use either of those so it's just the 500mb broadband.

No, dont use either of those so it's just the 500mb broadband.

Gonna check mine now (what I was on last year) 50 odd a month for broadband alone is a complete rip off.

I was on 360mb for €28 for 9 months than up to €50 odd for the last 3.

I’d be ringing them back if I was you. You should always tell them you’re leaving, give them notice and they’ll ring you back. I’ve done it year after year & this always come back with something way better. Especially if your just getting broadband along.

Gonna check mine now (what I was on last year) 50 odd a month for broadband alone is a complete rip off.

I was on 360mb for €28 for 9 months than up to €50 odd for the last 3.

I’d be ringing them back if I was you. You should always tell them you’re leaving, give them notice and they’ll ring you back. I’ve done it year after year & this always come back with something way better. Especially if your just getting broadband along.

Do you have siro in your area? VM is the only option here so it limits what I can bargain with. I was on something similar as you for the 360mb last year but wanted to up it to the 500. Tbh I'm happy enough paying 50 odd a month for 500. Couldn't be bothered doing the whole "I'm leaving" Craic this year either. Maybe next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭j4vier

Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel the cancellation and if doing so locks you in for a further 12 months?

j4vier wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's possible to cancel the cancellation and if doing so locks you in for a further 12 months?

Have you rang up & given the months notice?

Have you rang up & given the months notice?

Yes, due to be cut off on the 19th.

Rang today, they offered 15 off for 9 months so i decided to stay.

Didn't get an email confirmation yet though so i am sort of expecting some surprises on the 19th

j4vier wrote: »
    Yes, due to be cut off on the 19th.

Rang today, they offered 15 off for 9 months so i decided to stay.

Didn't get an email confirmation yet though so i am sort of expecting some surprises on the 19th

No way I'd stay for 15 a month off when others on here are getting half price deals.

• Advertisement

CoBo55 wrote: »
    No way I'd stay for 15 a month off when others on here are getting half price deals.

It's only relevant to a point what other get. What matters if what they offer to you, and other factors like the hassle of switching.

I wanted to switch to vodafone but i started to read things I didn't like

Advertisement