Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

making hair grow faster

• 02-01-2006 1:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭

anyone know of any vita-means/amphetamines/magic beans that will make hair grow faster?
    i know theres no miracle product, but has anyone ever seen anything in a health shop or similar that would help my hair grow? was a model for some style award thing for hairdressers last year, and they did some funny choppy things to my hair that id like to sort out before summer....

also, i dont think being upside down for 10 mins a day helps. it just makes you feel sick.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭Orionetheus

get a slight trim...it stimulates the hair folicles and causes it to grow a bit...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭tie_mi_shu

get a slight trim...it stimulates the hair folicles and causes it to grow a bit...
    yeah i'd 2nd that.. get 1cm off.. that should help as Orionetheus said.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

pharmaton makes your hair/nails grow really quickly makes it thicker/stronger too but its not actually intended for that...

Azureus wrote:
    pharmaton makes your hair/nails grow really quickly makes it thicker/stronger too but its not actually intended for that...

where do you get it / is it over the counter?

hairtopia also helps I've read...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Azureus wrote:
    What is it intended for?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Don't know about hair growing faster - sunshine helps - so go somewhere hot for a week. I heard somewhere that regular sex does something to your hair, not sure what though. If you want to go grey quiker get married and have kids.

I gues the conclusion is stay single so you can afford to go to the sun for a week after christmas and have plenty of sex whilst there.

Does this help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

Vitamin B6 - Biotin isnt it?? Thats given to horses to make their hooves grow quicker, seems logical that it would have the same effect on hair, could be worth a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Vitamin B6 - Biotin isnt it?? Thats given to horses to make their hooves grow quicker, seems logical that it would have the same effect on hair, could be worth a shot.
    I'd love to know how a horse's foot has any relation to our hair. Really. I would.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭keevita

westtip wrote:
    Don't know about hair growing faster - sunshine helps - so go somewhere hot for a week. I heard somewhere that regular sex does something to your hair, not sure what though.

will be in barcelona for a week in april, and as for sex all it does to your hair is tangle it!!

b6, sounds good, will check that out. this may sound shallow, but after posting this question i had a nightmare that some one had cut 3inches off my hair!!! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

the_syco wrote:
    I'd love to know how a horse's foot has any relation to our hair. Really. I would.

made of the same proteins keratin afaicr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I've very slow hair growth and it's a biatch cause I want really long hair. I might get there when I'm 60 :rolleyes:

Heard the same thing about Pharmaton but those tablets smell manky and they're about 30 euro for a month's supply. I'm a poor student, I can only afford Tesco Multivitamins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭LovelyHurling

the_syco wrote:

What Scraggs said. Hair and hoof go together like love and marriage, if you must know. Ive looked this up and confirmed my suspicions, B6 is indeed good for your hair...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Eating healthy. It will provide you with all the vitamins you need and give you shiny healthy quick growing hair. Or just cheat and get multivitamin tablets :rolleyes: . And clare bear. I take the tesco ones...they work!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

And brush your hair 100 times every night and morning with a good bristle brush (massages the roots and stimulates them), and listen to string music - Mozart and the like. Weirdly, a study (where do they think of these things) found this causes hair to grow faster. Certainly explains all those long-haired musicians.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,131 ✭✭✭Azureus

the_syco wrote:
    What is it intended for?

it a tonic for daily fatigue/ stress- jus a general pick-me-up.
    its availible over the counter, roughly 38e for 100capsules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭Bookee

Saw 'MSM' recommended for Hair growth in the Sunday Times alternative section. It's around €16 for 90 tablets, but you have to take 3 a day..!
    Completely organic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

Bookee wrote:
    Saw 'MSM' recommended for Hair growth in the Sunday Times alternative section. It's around €16 for 90 tablets, but you have to take 3 a day..!
    Completely organic.

where do you get that? i have really slow growing hair and it's my 21st in june and would love to have long hair for it although i don't mind putting extensions in it as they look great. i read somewhere that trimming your hair doesn't stimulate folicles to grow as hair is just dead tissue and trimming every month (which a few have told me to do) would only take off the bit that your hair has grown that month as the average person's hair only grows 1/2 inch a month. all regular trimming would do is prevent split ends but keep it to about 10 weeks in between trimming. i've started to take a hair & nail multivitamin (can't remember the name) but i'll let you all know if i notice a change at all. ;)

there should be a boards scientific experiment! i have been on b complex and my hair had grown half an inch since the 22 dec.(introducing little miss pedantic!!) so now we see who has the best product-thingy and publish results in the irish medical journal. or here. whatever.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

There's a hair and nails formula they sell in that health shop in Grafton St, is it called Holland & Barrett or something like that? Anyway they've a jar of 60 pills that are for improving your hair and nails, I've been taking them for about two weeks because my hair and nails were WRECKED. My nails anyway have got stronger, not sure about my hair yet. It sounds similar to Pharmaton but it's on special offer right now so it's only two or three euro a jar

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

the_syco wrote:
    It's made of the same stuff.

Kelp tablets in health food shops are supposed to help hair growth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭zervi2003

Im going to let ye in on a little secret that works and doesnt cost a fortune (cause Im a really nice person).

Rosemary oil. You can get it almost anywhere. Massage/brush it into your scalp/hair once/twice a week. Leave over night, if possible, and wash out.

Not only stimulates growth, but makes your hair shiny and feel good.

u know, when i was about 14 someone told me that if you put vaseline on your eyebrows (if you over-plucked, which lets face it, if you're plucking your eyebrows at 14 you are bound to do) it makes them grow faster. so me being a dummy, put it in my hair (14!!!) didnt wash out so well... so does rosemary oil wash out ok?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,296 ✭✭✭RandolphEsq

massaging egg whites into the scalp helps stmulate hairgrowth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

my hair got really thin about a year ago and I started taking Nourikin Tablets - they really work my hair is now half way down my back never seen it grow so fast even the hairdresser was shocked. They cost about 60 euro for a month-2 months supply but well worth it. Also trim hair every 6-8 weeks i do this too. explain to the hairdresser that you are growing it and just want the bare ends off. If you are going to use straighteners use GHD oil.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭blobert

MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane) is probably what you need. Makes hair (and nails) grow much faster than usual. It is also claimed to have lots of other qualities including:

MSM supports maintenance of strong, healthy body tissues by donating sulfur for formation of sulfur tie-bars between connective tissue proteins. *
    MSM supports normal gastrointestinal function. *
    MSM improves the body's resistance to adverse physical stress. *
    MSM supports mental alertness and maintenance of healthy mood. *
    MSM promotes the body's processes that heal tissue. *
    MSM helps modify the physiologic response to allergens. *
    MSM supports normal lung function. *
    MSM supports normal relaxation of muscles. *
    MSM supports normal joint function. *
    MSM helps maintain healthy skin.*

Can't guarantee the accuracy of a lot of these but it will make your hair grow super fast. Its available at a lot of online pharmacies etc. One of the cheapest places is www.bodybuilding.com even though its in the US.

Also try www.bulknutrition.com A good cheap brand is NOW MSM. Be sure to get it in tablet form, the powder is rancid tasting:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

luckat wrote:
    And brush your hair 100 times every night and morning with a good bristle brush (massages the roots and stimulates them), and listen to string music - Mozart and the like. Weirdly, a study (where do they think of these things) found this causes hair to grow faster. Certainly explains all those long-haired musicians.
    I guess that's why my hair grows too fast :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Nala

luckat wrote:
    And brush your hair 100 times every night.

Brushing your hair is actually bad for it, it encourages your hair to break off and the ends to split. Once your ends start splitting they continue to split up the hair shaft.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,434 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I dont know if its still on the market but my mother used to use this stuff called American Bay Rum on my sisters scalp because her hair was very thin.. She used to massage it into her head and it really made a difference....

There are also tablets called Perfectill that you can get in Boots and they help your hair, nails and skin to blossom... I took them for a while but they're a bit dear.. They did make a difference though..

Regular trimming is also essential...

IMHO

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭Soupi

i was just told by a friend of mine that if you put a month of your pill into a shampoo bottle with shampoo in it and wash your hair with it it makes you hair rocket out of your head. worked for him

Advertisement