Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekends Boxing 18/10 (Beterbiev-Gvozdyk & Ritson-Davies Jr)

• 18-10-2019 10:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Struggling to see how Beterbiev-Gvozdyk doesn't turn into a fight of the year contender. So well matched. Always favoured Gvozdyk but more I think about it the more I think Beterbiev might stop him. Gvozdyk needs to fight disciplined and I don't know if Teddy Atlas shouting at him in the corner is the man to instill that.

Fancy Davies Jr to beat Ritson on points and Fitzgerald to beat Cheeseman. That's a decent double header compared to what Sky have been serving up of late though.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Gvodzyk wins for me

Heading Newcastle in the morning for the matchroom card, will be good hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 9,910 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Morrison J wrote: »
    Struggling to see how Beterbiev-Gvozdyk doesn't turn into a fight of the year contender. So well matched. Always favoured Gvozdyk but more I think about it the more I think Beterbiev might stop him. Gvozdyk needs to fight disciplined and I don't know if Teddy Atlas shouting at him in the corner is the man to instill that.

Disgrace it's not on the telly!

Relentless by Beterbiev, he wasn’t taking no for an answer and just ground him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

It was nip and tuck the first 8 rds. Artur turned the screw rd 9, and in rd 10, Gvozdyk folded from the pressure...He had nothing on his shots to really earn Artur’s respect.

I know they are the best in the world, but am I alone in not being overly impressed with either? Very predictable, one dimensional type operators..

Gimme a heap of talents from recent years and years gone to be clearly superior...

Kovalev beats both, if on any form...

Canelo, I will pass judgment on next month, but no surprise that he, too would be too good for Beterbiev.

Bakole had a decent finish there, mind you Johnson only just fought last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭Morrison J

walshb wrote: »

Kovalev beats both, if on any form...

Kovalev way too fragile to go 12 rounds with Beterbiev. He'd get stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

anyone watching the boxing on sky cheeseman v Fitzgerald on at the moment. Cheeseman schooling fitzy so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,495 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Morrison J wrote: »
    Kovalev way too fragile to go 12 rounds with Beterbiev. He'd get stopped.

I must be missing something with the very pedestrian Beterbiev...

Kovalev for me boxes the ears off him...

Kind of reminds me of Usyk-Gassiev..

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭The pink killer

pac_man wrote: »
    That's a cracker of a first round, can't see this going the distance.

Indeed someone is getting knocked out both hard hitters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭megadodge

F*ck me, that's three cracking rounds between Ritson and Davies. Surely they can't keep this pace up?

• Advertisement

Davies got zero respect for Ritson's power. Gonna be a big issue for him at 140 when you throw in the fact his gas tank is dodgy at best too.

Nothing in it but got to imagine Ritson is well up on the cards given its in Newcastle.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,281 ✭✭✭megadodge

Excellent fight. Really enjoyed that.

Great fight. Cards too wide but Davies Jr didn't go to the body enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Larsso30

Brilliant fight, cards way to wide. I think Davies was right about ritson flurries nicking rounds.

Ritson will get destroyed by josh Taylor imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Quite enjoyed the Ritson Davies fight,

atmosphere was great

Advertisement