Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Getflix.com smart DNS lifetime subscription $29

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Not as good as the original deal, but you can get 2 years for $35/€29 with the promo code MEGA70. Works out at €1.20 per month which is a great deal really for a DNS & VPN service.

https://www.getflix.com.au/

Apparently when you apply the MEGA70 code to your account it is linked there for good. It's a 'lifetime' discount code so you can renew for the same price in 2 years if you wanted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭funnyname

anything special to set it up, I've linked IP address and updated the DNS settings but when I try to access bbc iplayer I get an error.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,162 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

funnyname wrote: »
    anything special to set it up, I've linked IP address and updated the DNS settings but when I try to access bbc iplayer I get an error.

Must be missing something as it's working fine here. Just tested it to make sure there isn't a temporary issue with iplayer. I use the Dublin & London DNS addresses.

DId you set it up on the shield direct or in your router?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Oat23 wrote: »
    Must be missing something as it's working fine here. Just tested it to make sure there isn't a temporary issue with iplayer. I use the Dublin & London DNS addresses.

DId you set it up on the shield direct or in your router?

I use Dublin address as previously advised on this thread.
    Working fine just now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,955 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

funnyname wrote: »

BBC player was refusing to work for me on any device earlier too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

BBC player was refusing to work for me on any device earlier too.

I live in fear of when they start asking for licence details.
    I'll make up a fake address and pay the licence though - far rather pay the beeb than pay Ryan Tubridy and Ray D'Arcy's wages

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Silly question time.
    I've been advised to use a paid vpn for certain apps. Would getflix do the job?
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Are these limited to just US Netflix if one subscribes. Got the smart dns trial setup on my router and have Amazon us, Netflix us and iPlayer working great all evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

sweetie wrote: »
    Are these limited to just US Netflix if one subscribes.

Yes - just the one - US based.

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

A viable alternative perhaps or should we still go with getflix, for the 2 year deal?
    http://deals.androidauthority.com/sales/streamjack-tv-smartdns-lifetime-plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭yannakis

Has anyone tried this with torrents?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭Sup08

Just signed up for 2 years for €31 and straight away had iPlayer working on the PC. Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick for £24:99, so sweeter deal all round. Thanks for the info lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

Sup08 wrote: »
    Just signed up for 2 years for €31 and straight away had iPlayer working on the PC. Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick for £24:99, so sweeter deal all round. Thanks for the info lads.

If you figure out how to get it working with a Fire Stick I would be very interested

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭savemejebus

campo wrote: »
    If you figure out how to get it working with a Fire Stick I would be very interested

It's pretty simple, you just need to set up a static IP address for the fire stick in network settings. You are asked to set IP address, subnet mask, gateway and then DNS. Get the I, gateway and subnet mask from your router and then put your closest getflix DNS as DNS 1 and next closest as DNS 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

Chieftain wrote: »
    anyone having any issues with Getflix at the moment? I've been using it for about a year now with no problems, but yesterday I got a message saying that the DNS test failed. I'm using the Dublin & London servers for my DNS. I tried changing to different ones, but no joy. Have been emailing support but none of their suggestions have helped at all. I haven't changed any router settings and ipv6 is unchecked on the network properties screen on my laptop.

I did update windows to the new Fall Creators one, but everything was ok after I did that so don't really think that's the issue. Any help would be really appreciated

Your external IP changed probably and getflix are blocking request from unknown IPs. Go to the site and update your IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,791 ✭✭✭bromley52

Chieftain wrote: »

Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭ozmo

Sup08 wrote: »
    ..Just got an Amazon Fire TV Stick for £24:99...

That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Chieftain

bromley52 wrote: »
    Working fine for me on BBC iPlayer. Have you rebooted your router recently? Your ISP may be providing you with a dynamic public IP. If so you may just need to update Getflix. The easiest way is using the app but make sure you are on your wifi or else it will update it with your data IP.

Thanks for that. I haven't rebooted the router in a while. I did do the update on the Getflix home page and my IP address is grand. Bit of a puzzler to be honest - as I say I've had no problems with it in the past. The support people don't seem to know either so am a bit snookered

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ozmo wrote: »
    That was cheap - can you send on where they can be got at that price please?

eh, on amazon during the black friday/cyber monday thing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Basq wrote: »
    Just to further warn people of StackSocial, it took a total of 8 emails and one with Paypal support to actually receive the refund from them after they said they'd refund me. They're absolute cowboys of the highest order. Ignored probably 3 - 4 emails in a row from me over the course of 2 weeks. AVOID!

You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end. :mad:

You seemed to have better luck than I had, I gave up in the end. :mad:
    I was close to be honest as well..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

lads this wasnt the stack social one this is a dead thread

The internet isn’t for everyone

^ Sorry about that.. just did a search for Getflix, and this was first one that popped up that looked familiar.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maik3n

The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

maik3n wrote: »
    The original offer from 2016 seems to be still active, albeit the price is $35 rather than $29.

Mind you, if we avail of the 10% off first purchase deal, you can knock a few $ off the price. :cool:
    Anyone sign up for this offer?Seems its still active...tempted to give a go to get access BBC iPlayer and US Netflix on my smart tv...

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭bikerjohn

I have it nearly two years now and its worked perfectly for all players in england

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

bikerjohn wrote: »
    I have it nearly two years now and its worked perfectly for all players in england
    Is that through your TV?Can you get US Netflix?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭corks finest

bikerjohn wrote: »
    As a kinda luddite,is it hard to set up?

Advertisement