Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transatlantic mobile boarding pass

• 04-11-2018 3:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used the boarding pass on the app before. I’m sure its fine at security and at the gate as normal. But do pre clearance ask for it and will they accept it on the mobile app.

Thank you.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

Has anyone used the boarding pass on the app before. I’m sure its fine at security and at the gate as normal. But do pre clearance ask for it and will they accept it on the mobile app.

Thank you.

If it's available to use then I'm sure it's fine. They disable the feature when the journey involves an airport that doesn't support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

Aer Lingus will NOT issue a mobile boarding pass to/from the US

Online check in is fine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

Aer Lingus will NOT issue a mobile boarding pass to/from the US

Online check in is fine

I checked in online via my phone, when i went back to the app the boarding pass was/is there.

Pre clearance don’t ask for it so I’m gonna use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭trellheim

This has caused me issues in the past beware. I PDFd the boarding pass and used that on the mobile and some part of the chain can't remember where, refused it ad had to go back up to an AL desk to print the BP off . NO idea why. This was some time ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Did a trip very recently Dub to JFK with American airlines

Boarding pass on the app was no available at Dublin airport so had to collect at the kiosk going over but coming from JFK to Dublin they allowed the app.

Might have something to do with pre-clearance ? I'm not sure.

• Advertisement

Did a trip very recently Dub to JFK with American airlines

Boarding pass on the app was no available at Dublin airport so had to collect at the kiosk going over but coming from JFK to Dublin they allowed the app.

Might have something to do with pre-clearance ? I'm not sure.

Grand. I may print it off so. Do you know if i can print one off at the kiosk even after checking in.

(i have the boarding pass on my app and wallet on iPhone)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Grand. I may print it off so. Do you know if i can print one off at the kiosk even after checking in.

(i have the boarding pass on my app and wallet on iPhone)

I checked in online myself. Couldn't get the online boarding pass on app after check in so I collected it at a check-in kiosk and selected to just print my boarding pass. That was with American so I don't know if it's different elsewhere, I imagine it's similar.

Check in desk kiosk to print of boarding pass at no cost !

I checked in online myself. Couldn't get the online boarding pass on app after check in so I collected it at a check-in kiosk and selected to just print my boarding pass. That was with American so I don't know if it's different elsewhere, I imagine it's similar.

Check in desk kiosk to print of boarding pass at no cost !

I’ll print it off anyway n use the app as much as i can n see what happens.

Nice one.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,018 Mod ✭✭✭✭G_R

I’ll print it off anyway n use the app as much as i can n see what happens.

Nice one.

Let us know how you get on I'm curious now!

• Registered Users Posts: 955 ✭✭✭site_owner

Fairly sure you'll have to show your passport at the desk if flying transatlantic before you'll be issued a boarding pass

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭EdgeCase

The only downside as when you've mobile tickets and your phone runs out of batteries! I had the issue with a train in France. I didn't realise that I had been charging on a socket that was dead on the TGV and when I went to board the Thalys to Belgium my phone was out of power. Ended up having to try and find a socket in a cafe which is easier said than done!

Advertisement