Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Clavamel Forte Identification

• 08-07-2010 5:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, could anyone here please tell what a Clavamel Forte tablet looks like?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

DylanJB wrote: »
    Hi all, could anyone here please tell what a Clavamel Forte tablet looks like?

It comes in a box, bottle or package with a pharmacy's label on it which says "Clavamel Forte". I'm not trying to be a smartar5e, but that's the only reliable way to identify a pharmaceutical product.

If you've got loose or unlabelled tablets, I'm certainly not going to try to identify them (or assist anyone else in identifying them) without seeing them personally. Nor should anyone else. Even though the likelihood is low, the potential for harm should a mistake be made is too great to risk it.
    One of the first things I was taught the first time I walked into a science lab (in 1st yr, secondary school) is that nothing should ever be left unlabelled. This was reinforced again in Uni.

If you have a container of tablets labelled as 'Clavamel Forte' but have some reason to believe that it's not 'Clavamel Forte' inside it, then you should bring it back to the pharmacy you got it from - or to another pharmacy if you don't want to do that - and ask the pharmacist to have a look.

Good luck,
    L-M, MPSI.

ps. I'm speaking here both as a pharmacist and as a Mod on this forum. I wouldn't like to see other posters disregard my recommendation above. Please don't attempt to i.d. the O.P.'s tablets.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 DylanJB

Thanks but you are being a smartarse, I don't want anyone making presumptions or moralising to me, i'm not trying to identify loose tablets, you clearly know nothing about this and posted a really verbose post to make yourself look smart when you're really just being a muppet.
    Thanks for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,143 ✭✭✭locum-motion

DylanJB wrote: »
    Thanks but you are being a smartarse, I don't want anyone making presumptions or moralising to me, i'm not trying to identify loose tablets, you clearly know nothing about this and posted a really verbose post to make yourself look smart when you're really just being a muppet.
    Thanks for nothing.

If you had provided more information in your original post, I may have been able to give you a more concise and/or more helpful answer.

The only presumption I made was that you had some tablets you wanted to identify, and that it was either a case of 1. unlabelled tablets or 2. mislabelled tablets. Either way, nobody can or should give you an answer without seeing the tablets. That is my professional advice, as a pharmacist.

You're new around here, so maybe you're unaware of what a Mod is. Essentially, I'm one of the referees in Health Sciences. My job is to apply the rules, one of which is that we can't give advice about anyone's specific health problem, we have to direct you to seek the appropriate qualified opinion. Since your question related to a pharmaceutical product, the appropriate professional is a pharmacist. By all means, appeal to the other moderators or the Category moderators if you wish, but given that none of them are pharmacists, they're unlikely to overrule me on this, just as I wouldn't overrule any of them on their own area of professional expertise.

In the meantime, calling the Mod a muppet has earned you a week's ban from this forum and a closed thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement