Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,148 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Every time yesterday I put on the cooker it tripped the power. So the landlord is called over and puts on the cooker, nothing.
    I had pulled it out to have a look and must have "fixed" the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Watching US cop films/TV shows.

The suspect is heading East ..

He is on the South West corridor heading North.

Who the fook takes a compass with them inside a building. I'm looking out my window & not sure which direction it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,060 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Ted_YNWA wrote: »
    Watching US cop films/TV shows.

The suspect is heading East ..

He is on the South West corridor heading North.

Who the fook takes a compass with them inside a building. I'm looking out my window & not sure which direction it is.

its a bit easier when the streets are laid out in grids

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Taking masking tape off the windows after painting . Except it isn't peeling straight off as normal , it looks like it's still stuck on the glass .
    Scrubber time :(

Warm it up with a hairdryer, it'll peel off much more easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

New Home wrote: »

can I do that with the chromebook too? will it reveal a real laptop under the paint?

;)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Sure, give it a shot! What's the worst that could happen? ........... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Vita nova

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Taking masking tape off the windows after painting . Except it isn't peeling straight off as normal , it looks like it's still stuck on the glass .
    Scrubber time :(

And then use white spirit or some other solvent to easily remove any adhesive residue. I've been doing it for years and it works a treat.

But won't the solvent damage the paintwork, if it touches it?

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Realising that 2000 was 20 years ago, not 10 :eek:

There are people born in 2002, after 9/11, that are now adults :eek:

I'm sure this one has popped up before but sellers on Donedeal.ie not replying to messages, texts or voicemails. If they've already sold the item or have it on hold then the least they could do is take down the ad or leave a note on it, so that would-be buyers don't waste their time.

• Advertisement

But won't the solvent damage the paintwork, if it touches it?
    If the paint is wet, definitely but it would have very little effect on dry paint. I often clean paintwork with solvent but just a wipe, I wouldn't let the solvent sit on the paint even though it evaporates quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Phoenix32 wrote: »
    There are people born in 2002, after 9/11, that are now adults :eek:

I still look twice when I am reviewing cvs with dates of birth in the 90s! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

When your listening to albums on Youtube,and there is a ad every 20 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Another one,my Guinness keg is empty.How did that happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Autosport wrote: »
    Tired feet

Was that the final and least successful of the Happy Feet film franchise? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,544 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Molly: Dear Customer, here is A, B and C information that you requested. Love, Molly.

Cumstomer: Yeah that's great but what about A?

Molly: *internal sigh* Here is A

Cumstomer: And also B?

Molly:*seriously?* Here is B

Cumstomer: And then finally, what about C?

Molly: *swallows tongue* If you refer to my original response, you'll see that I've already addressed your query about C.

Can people not take in more than one piece of information contained in an email?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,974 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ppl:
    So far this week, a youngster had a go at me for standing outside of the general q, as per the shop's instructions.
    The liaison person in my job's bank, treated me like covid-mary BUT treated me to a list of how much harder I was making her job by not having internet banking , imo doing the job I pay fees for.
    Yesterday, a guy pulled into a carpark from behind me, he had to know that I couldn't have seen him until he was within mm's of hitting me.

I'll be lucky to survive this week it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

I'm a cheerful mix of hungover and PMS'd and can't do a single productive thing today. Literally working from my bed. It took me a half hour to send a work email earlier. TA'd by my own bullsh1t.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,914 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

It was my first day back in work yesterday since the lockdown and while I was delighted to get back to (covid-compliant) normality, I am still TA'd at an incident that happened.

One of work colleagues is terminally ill and called in yesterday to hand in his keys and have a catch up. While he is in remarkably good spirits considering his prognosis, there was still a sort of a "goodbye" theme to the visit. I don't live in the same town as him and wouldn't be the best at visiting people when they are dying (don't like to impose myself on burdened families) so not sure if I will ever see him again. Which is obviously more than a TA.

Which brings me to my TA: there is a committee that oversees the running of the place, and one of the more prominent members of said committee is a retired construction "magnate" with all the people skills of Trump. He called in during the visit for a completely unrelated matter, and proceeded to completely let on that he didn't know this fella from Adam. Was very rude in essentially brushing him off as a stranger even though my work colleague would be very well known in similar social circles and would have had his own business in town for years beforehand. I could tell that my work colleague was a bit offended by his lack of manners, but being the gent that he is, used it as an excuse to head off. It has been playing on my mind ever since.

This same committee member essentially treats me and the other staff members like we are all his minions and barely has the nicety to remember our names (even though there are only four of us max on the staff). God I hate people who think that their **** doesn't stink.

TA'd at the pronunciation of 'Ralph' - especially by the Brits.

Ralph Beckett (English horse trainer) = Rayf Beckett
    Ralph Fiennes (English actor) = Rayf Fiennes
    :confused:

But Ralph Lauren (some French designer I think, don't even know if he's still alive) gets the 'proper' pronunciation - Ralf Lauren. I don't recall anyone on TV saying Rayf Lauren. :eek:

I can hear some say: "But what about the actor in 'The Royle Family' "
    His name is Ralf, not Ralph Little.

My name isn't Ralph :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Jut found out when the communion and confirmation is on.August and September . Are they having a laugh.
    Seriously i will barely have the money to send the kids back to school,never mind the added expense of communion and confo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Stoopid Period a whole week early. A life of never being able to plan anything.:rolleyes: But as I've had the mis-fortune of injuring my Ribs & Shoulders the other day literally a hot minute after Restrictions were lifted, an early Period just totally matches my mood right now anyway.:rolleyes::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,352 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

on the days I have the most going on, my body chooses to be the sickest - thanks for the support (shakes fit at self) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭Phoenix32

My lungs kept squeaking and waking me up this morning. So very rude of them! :D

The lifespan of Fresh Milk during the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

In the 20 odd yrs of owning a phone, I've never majorly damaged or lost one. I own them until they give up.

Until this one.... Got it as a present.. 4 weeks and the screen was smashed (left it on the banister as I went into bathroom, it fell down the stairs and hit radiator)

Couldn't afford to get the screen fixed as it was a few hundred euro to fix.

It's fixed about 3 months and now has a white light bloom going down the right hand side and then white horizontal lines going across to the middle.

I thought maybe moisture got into it so turned it off and left it in a freezer bag with silica gel overnight and no improvement.

Grrrrrr :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭GoatBoy74

The heavy breathing of your one doing the weather on Rte.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

GoatBoy74 wrote: »
    The heavy breathing of your one doing the weather on Rte.

I somehow read that as “your wan doing the waiter”....which would explain the heavy breathing....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Found a pristine copy of Herbie Hancock's Columbia albums box set on Ebay. Photos from the seller showed it in immaculate condition.

Arrived today. My heart sank when I saw the packaging he had used - brown paper and a thin layer of bubble wrap.

All corners dented and one side with a gouge mark.

Partial refund offered but he was genuinely surprised when I pointed out that the set didn't have a chance of arriving unscathed in such flimsy packaging. For a set like that the corners need to be doubly protected with bubble wrap wrapped very tightly and placed in a hard cardboard box so that it can't move around in transit.

• Advertisement

Found a pristine copy of Herbie Hancock's Columbia albums box set on Ebay. Photos from the seller showed it in immaculate condition.

Arrived today. My heart sank when I saw the packaging he had used - brown paper and a thin layer of bubble wrap.

All corners dented and one side with a gouge mark.

Partial refund offered but he was genuinely surprised when I pointed out that the set didn't have a chance of arriving unscathed in such flimsy packaging. For a set like that the corners need to be doubly protected with bubble wrap wrapped very tightly and placed in a hard cardboard box so that it can't move around in transit.

Sadly I know how you feel.

This rare exhaust I ordered arrived in bubble wrap and when I opened it, it was after getting dented in transit.
    Gutted to say the least.

Screenshot-20200701-190151.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement