Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 10)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anewme wrote: »
    Doing a bit of catch up on office stuff. Take my head off worrying about stuff. Going to make a nice dinner. Lots of fresh veg, potatoes and fish. And maybe a couple of glasses of red - havent had red in years.

mmmm sounds lovely.......

*slides plate across the counter* :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Oh god. Rotisserie chicken!
    Why are you teasing us like this?

*somehow I managed to type "rotisserie chickmen". That was weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The Crazy Cat Lady

Agh I've to rake out and empty the fire ashes. I need my own ppe for this disgusting job.
    What's everyone else actually doing to pass the time?

playing games online, doing my book, watching tv shows/movies and a bit of cooking :D

I'm couchside with the cat on my feet :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Yep... abandoned...trees growing thru it.. furniture, crockery etc all there...I guess they picked their suitcases up and just left

That must have been so strange. I have seen houses abandoned but none with crockery and furniture still there. You remember the Chernobyl incident? Or are you too young?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

One of my kids has organised a virtual quiz for the family on Tuesday night. The topic Eurovision. Proud parent moment!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

That must have been so strange. I have seen houses abandoned but none with crockery and furniture still there. You remember the Chernobyl incident? Or are you too young?

I love urbex and all related stuff, could look at abandoned places all day

• Registered Users Posts: 16,333 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

I'm keeping busy by sorting through stuff and tidying, it's amazing the crap you accumulate. Jobs that had been put on the long finger, along with some I'd no real intention of ever doing, are getting done.

I had cleared the "I'll just leave this here and worry about it later room" but it's slowing filling up with piles for the charity shops and landfill. It'll be like an exciting day out when I can finally get the stuff out of the house.

Some work work to do each weekday as well, but not anywhere near a full day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,204 ✭✭✭Poochie05

I have chicken breast on the bone and cauliflower cheese in the oven and doing a bit of spinach to add some colour to the plate.
    Spent today in a bit of a funk, but went for a walk in the rain and feel great again! It’s the little things.

In terms of things to keep busy, I am watching Parks and Recreation for the 500th time, my go to happy show and learning Russian using Rosetta Stone. There are 3 months free for students but looks as if anyone can use it. I can recognise the difference between boy, man, girl and woman...

Hope everyone has a good evening and that those worried about loved ones get some good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Holy sh#t Widders! That’s serious! ��

I’m just back for a wall, saw a lot of folks that should be cocooning out and about.. playing a dangerous game there!

Few snaps of a day you’d expect to find in the middle of July ��

Super Pics thanks.

I'm really luvin

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=508362&d=1586090877

Who is this & whats going on

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=508364&d=1586090920

I had cleared the "I'll just leave this here and worry about it later room".

I just finished doing this! So satisfying and wonderfully distracting. It's like shedding an old skin everytime I finish a long overdue task!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,030 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Top of the world :) (slight exaggeration)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The persistent feeling that I'm going out or meant to be going out has nagged me all day. Without thinking, I put a dress and makeup on. Maybe himself will surprise me and turn up, but with his mum unwell, I doubt it.

Going to get a photo of an interesting flower just opening.

]QUOTE=Gremlinertia;113065672]I love urbex and all related stuff, could look at abandoned places all day[/QUOTE]

I know a photographer (online acquaintance) who produced a book of urbEx photos. It's absolutely gorgeous, "Orphans of time". Its been on my lottery list forever.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

smurfjed wrote: »

That is one fine running track Smurf!

You're not doing your running on that path on the right side of the barrier are you????

I'm terrified of heights. The thought of that is making my stomach flip flop.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Easter Eggs opened.:o

Working through 2014 at the tech desk with beer and chocolate. I'm dreading the photos. The video is easy.

@builebeag, me too, as I got older I really did discover that I don’t like heights, buildings or canyons. :)

@Grandeeod, “Supping a bottle of Canadian“ is that a beer or whiskey?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,075 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

@Grandeeod, “Supping a bottle of Canadian“ is that a beer or whiskey?

Jaysus Smurf, I gave up the whiskey years and years ago and miss it so much. Tonight's tipple is the Canadian lager by Molson. We were regular visitors to Canada and nearly emigrated there 10 years ago. We like their beer.:D

@builebeag, me too, as I got older I really did discover that I don’t like heights, buildings or canyons. :)

I hate to break it to you Smurfjed but the sky is like super high!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside after dinner, full belly, happy sephers.
    Poochie05 wrote: »
    I can recognise the difference between boy, man, girl and woman...

The difference poochie is that

Sorry I couldn't resist :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

0lddog wrote: »

I’d love to know why my pictures are always ar$eways!

That’s one of the seals that lives down between Sandycove and Dalkey, there’s loads of them. He/she was having a great time this morning lounging in Colimore harbour.

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Jaysus Smurf, I gave up the whiskey years and years ago and miss it so much. Tonight's tipple is the Canadian lager by Molson. We were regular visitors to Canada and nearly emigrated there 10 years ago. We like their beer.:D
    Whiskey is one of life’s finest delights to a point, the present price of a bottle of Johnny Walker around here these days is 700 euro, that’s for a basic 30 Euro bottle from Tesco’s, but supply and demand are dictating the prices.
    I’m enjoying my days drinking Budweiser Non Alcoholic, I guess for purely psychological reasons than actual enjoyment.

So have one for me :)

I hate to break it to you Smurfjed but the sky is like super high!

So true, but that doesn’t bother me, neither did skydiving when I was a kid, but now watching the wife hanging over the edge of Horse Shoe falls or the Grand Canyon gave me the shivers :)

........That’s one of the seals that lives down between Sandycove and Dalkey, there’s loads of them. He/she was having a great time this morning lounging in Colimore harbour.
    I should have known ... was thinking you might have a black labrador :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

0lddog wrote: »
    I should have known ... was thinking you might have a black labrador :D

I’ll try get a better snap next time so there’s no confusion 🥴

Deskside, sanitising after the lazy lads :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Whiskey is one of life’s finest delights to a point, the present price of a bottle of Johnny Walker around here these days is 700 euro, that’s for a basic 30 Euro bottle from Tesco’s, but supply and demand are dictating the prices.
    I’m enjoying my days drinking Budweiser Non Alcoholic, I guess for purely psychological reasons than actual enjoyment.

So have one for me :)

How much would my bottle of Redbreast 21yo go for?!

I’ll try get a better snap next time so there’s no confusion 🥴

It might help if I put the glasses on :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Movietime...I suggested the Rocketeer.

Child says she wants to see "Good time"
    It has Robert Pattinson in it....her crush...
    Panda checks IMDB parents review...
    "The F word is said 160 times" !!
    No way child..you can fck right off!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

bubblypop wrote: »
    I love cows & their long eyelashes!
    I was terrified of them when I moved here first, I remember getting stuck up a tree for hours once after a load of cows broke into the field I was in!
    Someone eventually came looking for me :)
    City child!

Going to watch contagion........
    Dinner after & wine...... A lovely afternoon planned for myself

https://ibb.co/Wgf89Vt
    https://ibb.co/K7KnH5p
    https://ibb.co/2ZS2ztC
    https://ibb.co/PcQxYhM
    Got a proper chuckle out of being afraid of cows. Aww. They’re basically huge dogs. Loves attention, being social and hugs and kisses, as you can see :D

I’m laying down bored but being kept semi entertained in WhatsApp with how dumdum some people can be. Tempted to walk to the shop for more wine but only straightened my hair this morning.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement