Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ledwill Park

• 06-03-2019 10:22am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Just purchased a property in Ledwill Park kilcock. Anyone else out there buy one and secondly any timelines given with regard to completion times?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 AndreaSoly

Hi,
    I just wanted to open a topic here but you were faster :) Yes, we also bought a house at the Ledwill Park development.
    I think the completion time is really depend on which house you picked. It's a huge project, about 4 times bigger than you can see on their website. We bought a house at The Rise and according to the latest information it's expected to be ready by end of May, but not guaranteed. When I spoke to the builder and the agency, they told us it's more likely June/July..
    I've been there 2 weeks ago on Saturday, just to see how the works are going. I couldn't get access to the site, but have seen many houses are already have roof on, windows in place, so exteriors are finished. These are about 7-16 The Rise .
    I am hoping to see at least a show house in April.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭g3l8usd9inoptz

What number did you go for?
    AndreaSoly wrote: »
    Hi,
    I just wanted to open a topic here but you were faster :) Yes, we also bought a house at the Ledwill Park development.
    I think the completion time is really depend on which house you picked. It's a huge project, about 4 times bigger than you can see on their website. We bought a house at The Rise and according to the latest information it's expected to be ready by end of May, but not guaranteed. When I spoke to the builder and the agency, they told us it's more likely June/July..
    I've been there 2 weeks ago on Saturday, just to see how the works are going. I couldn't get access to the site, but have seen many houses are already have roof on, windows in place, so exteriors are finished. These are about 7-16 The Rise .
    I am hoping to see at least a show house in April.

<snip>

I'm <snip>.

Let's keep in contact with regards to dates etc.
    <snip>

Great, will do! I hope we will see more "neighbors' joining to this community :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Mod Note

Hi folks, welcome to A & P.

For the sake of your own future privacy I've snipped the house numbers from the above posts.

On a personal note, I think it's a pretty nice development, very best of luck in your new homes.

thanks for that

We have been in Kilcock last Saturday. From the GAA sports ground there is a very good view to the building site. The first houses on The Rise are looking great. It seem the builders working hard and shows a lots of improvement since January. Hoping to see the first show house soon.

Full steam ahead , thankfully the weather on the whole has been good enough to work on site.
    We have been in Kilcock last Saturday. From the GAA sports ground there is a very good view to the building site. The first houses on The Rise are looking great. It seem the builders working hard and shows a lots of improvement since January. Hoping to see the first show house soon.

Some photos taken today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 edkirl

Hi Guys, myself and my partner also bought in Ledwill Park we will be in The Rise. Our valuation report came back with a completion date of June 20th if that helps but no word from Glenveagh themselves I reckon we will hear shortly as Glenveagh usually invite buyers in for an early preview of the show houses before launch. We are purchasing one of the 3 beds. Houses are really lovely have been following Glenveagh for a while.

edkirl wrote: »
    Hi Guys, myself and my partner also bought in Ledwill Park we will be in The Rise. Our valuation report came back with a completion date of June 20th if that helps but no word from Glenveagh themselves i reckon we will here shortly as Glenveagh usually invite buyers in for an early preview of the showhouses before launch. We are purchasing one of the 3 beds. Houses are really lovely have been following Glenveagh for a while.

Hi,
    Thank you for joining to our little group! :)
    20th June sounds great!
    An early preview of the showhouses before launch would be fantastic.
    I am looking for updates on ledwillpark website, Glenveagh website also on the Ledwill park facebook page as well, but no updates at all there. So the best I can do is visit the building site every second weekend.

Thanks for the info

Nick from sherry fitz rang me today and said he will try and get us in to view the 4 bed in 2 to 3 weeks time. Fingers crossed

Hi,

Have you received the email with video from Glenveagh last week? I was so happy to see the site from above :) If you have not received it, just email glenveagh and for sure they will put your email address on their list and send the link to you.
    Did you get any specific date for viewing the first show houses? We have not received any call yet regarding to the show house. :(

Hi,

Seen the video was great to see how much progress has been made over the last few weeks, the weather has been so good so no days rained off site thankfully. I was looking at the house today. Always take a trip there after I drop the little one to playschool in Kilcock.

I was told nearly a week ago now that the show houses would be open in 2/3 weeks. Hoping it will be sooner.

If you're on Instagram have a look for the Sherry Fitz Brady O'Flaherty page. They had an internal pic up of a showhouse up for ledwill. Not sure if its ledwill or not to be honest.

Hi,

Seen the video was great to see how much progress has been made over the last few weeks, the weather has been so good so no days rained off site thankfully. I was looking at the house today. Always take a trip there after I drop the little one to playschool in Kilcock.

I was told nearly a week ago now that the show houses would be open in 2/3 weeks. Hoping it will be sooner.

If you're on Instagram have a look for the Sherry Fitz Brady O'Flaherty page. They had an internal pic up of a showhouse up for ledwill. Not sure if its ledwill or not to be honest.

Thanks for that! I've now checked their Instagram and you are right, if the picture is from one of the show house it must be The Dove, according to the floor plans, this is the only house which has the kitchen island on the middle with the sink. All other houses has different internal layout.

I thought it was the dove also.

Its not though as the dove has a lean to extension to the back of the house.

Interesting article as to where the name for the estate came from:

www.leinsterleader.ie/news/news/372820/new-kildare-housing-estate-named-after-brave-kilcock-hero.html

Hi,

I just seen today on Ledwill Park's social media in a post saying "launching our new show house in early May".
    So I've emailed Nick Moore and he also confirmed it. "The builders are hopeful of having the houses ready to view in early May"

It's already 2 months delay on the show houses comparing to what they told us in early February. :(

Not good. Let's hope that wont be the same with the move in dates.
    Hi,

I just seen today on Ledwill Park's social media in a post saying "launching our new show house in early May".
    So I've emailed Nick Moore and he also confirmed it. "The builders are hopeful of having the houses ready to view in early May"

It's already 2 months delay on the show houses comparing to what they told us in early February. :(

• Advertisement

I was onto Glenveagh yesterday. They will know more about the show houses after easter. I have to say that I find Glenveagh to be totally inflexible when it comes to small changes in my home. I asked could we change the kitchen units so we can install a big fridge and was told no, asked could I get onsite to look at my house which is built etc and was told no, asked for other small changes that I would cover the cost for and was told no.

Negative experience on the whole to be honest, lets hope the houses and the finish make up for this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

We were considering this development, could any of you tell me if you commute from Kilcock or will be to Dublin city centre. How are you finding it and does the limited number of trains bother you, are there plans to extend or increase the frequency of trains in the near future?

Hi Jozi,

I am from Maynooth myself and have always commuted to work so its nothing new to me.

As for Kilcock the journey to Connolly usually takes anything from between 40mins on a good day to 60mins on a bad day.

Usually standing room only, reliable enough also.

There is always talk of increasing the frequency of trains from kilcock, this however will become even more necessary when Ledwill and Millerstown come fully on stream.

You can also cycle 8mins along the royal canal greenway and jump on at Maynooth, this has a much more regular service and is due to be electrified in the coming years in order for the dart.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭airportgirl83

Is there much of anti social behavior in Kilcock? How safe is the area?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

jozi wrote: »
    We were considering this development, could any of you tell me if you commute from Kilcock or will be to Dublin city centre. How are you finding it and does the limited number of trains bother you, are there plans to extend or increase the frequency of trains in the near future?

Bus Eireann from Kilcock square might be a better/faster option

When it shows up that is.....been issues with that service over the last while. I find the train better on the whole
    Graham wrote: »
    Bus Eireann from Kilcock square might be a better/faster option

I haven't heard of any or experienced any anti social behaviour. It still has that small village feel along with good community spirit.
    Is there much of anti social behavior in Kilcock? How safe is the area?

I thought it was the dove also.

Its not though as the dove has a lean to extension to the back of the house.

Hi guys this is not a picture of the Kilcock show house this is a picture of one of the show house interiors from their Rush site. Myself and my partner have gone to their Navan sites and Rush site open days to see what these other site look like to get an idea about Kilcock but i can confirm that image is definitely one of the Rush houses.

Not more than anywhere else I am from Johnstownbridge myself and grew up in Kilcock as a child went to Uni and work in Maynooth and there haven't really been too many problems in terms of this generally find the place really friendly and a huge increase in new and young families if the Kildare County Council stats and Library stats are anything to go by :)

• Advertisement

Great thanks so much. What was your overall impression of their other developments?. How was the standard of finish and was it to a high standard?. Thanks in advance.

edkirl wrote: »
    Hi guys this is not a picture of the Kilcock show house this is a picture of one of the show house interiors from their Rush site. Myself and my partner have gone to their Navan sites and Rush site open days to see what these other site look like to get an idea about Kilcock but i can confirm that image is definitely one of the Rush houses.

Advertisement