Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Iran Did Do It..............says Trump

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

A U.S drone has been shot down overnight in international air space in the Strait of Hormuz by an Iranian S2A missile.

It was expensive drone they flew over Iranian territory.

Northrop Grumman MQ-4C Triton, is the model. Despite what the US says, they likely were flying it over Iranian sites taking aerial pictures and the Iranian reacted and shot it down.

Trump may be forced into action now. We have to wait and see. Iran not Iraq though their capabilities are greater than Iraq. Their missiles can hit US warships and bases in the region.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Sure they hacked the last drone, RQ-170 and fooled it into landing in Iran where they captured it and reverse engineered as much as they could of it's tech.

Dante7 wrote: »
    Rory Stewart says it is most likely IRGC Quds. He knows his stuff.

I'm open minded it was a Iranian hardiner sanctioned operation.The Houtis for the last few months have targetted airports and oil shipments and oil refineries in UAE and Saudi Arabia. Houties are an Iran backed group. There a history there of attacking targets outside of Yemen. Of course they have every right to strike back against the Saudis and UAE governments who currently order attacks against Yemen daily.

The tanker explosions are weird. You need a bit more sophistication to plant bombs on tankers at sea. Pompeo claims the Iranians planted limpet mines to the hull of the ships? This is the narrative they are going with.

The Japanese owner of the tanker ship that got damaged said his employees witnessed a flying object a projectile or missile hit the ship. It made me wonder why the Americans are only pushing the narrative it ws bombs placed on the hull and are ignorning the statements by the sailors on the Japan oil tanker?

The only reason i remain open minded is the Iranians too have the capability to fire explosives at objects on the sea from the sky. They too have drone technology.

The only reason to doubt the American explantation is they are ignorning the different reports about the incident and what caused the explosions. So possible this event is a false flag order by hardliners in the US and could also be the Iranians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭InTheShadows

Trump won the swing states by 77,000 votes in total in 2016. Clinton won the popular vote by 2.8M votes. Trump will lose the 2020 election by a landslide, as the Republicans lost the 2018 elections by enormous margins.

No one wants to say this, but he has zero chance of being re-elected, not a hope in hell.

I'm sorry you are just wrong. As Clinton once said "it's the economy stupid". Nothing else matters and Trump has the American economy soaring. Unless they have a massive downturn before the election Trump will win.

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    There is definitely a ramping up of propaganda.

BBC are leading with a British Citizen on Hunger Strike. She is in prison in Tehran for Espionage.

Both Britain and the US are categorically stating that Iran are behind the oil tanker bombings.

Why would the Iranian government bomb oil takers in the Gulf of Persia?
    Why the phuck would they bother?

Nasty stuff.

The Iranians have a history of this sort of stuff tbh. Look i don't want to see a war but let's not make out like the Iranians are angels, they are nasty pieces of work of the lowest kind.

• Advertisement

Gringo180 wrote: »
    The BBC have become an absolute farce of a news broadcaster. Getting as bad as Fox.

Or CNN

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

The BBC have become an absolute farce of a news broadcaster. Getting as bad as Fox.
    It makes me laugh when I hear the BBC often refer to Russian TV as 'state controlled' :D

The Iranians have a history of this sort of stuff tbh. Look i don't want to see a war but let's not make out like the Iranians are angels, they are nasty pieces of work of the lowest kind.

Yep. People are not watching this closely. Houtis hit an airport in Saudi Arabia last week injured 26 people.

They hit an Electrical power plant last night with a cruise missile provided by Iran. White House by all accounts held a meeting last night to discuss this.

This is just another escalation in a war thats already started. Trump decision to pull out of the Iranian deal and attempts to destroy the Iranian economy, has lead to this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭jackboy

Trump may be forced into action now. We have to wait and see. Iran not Iraq though their capabilities are greater than Iraq. Their missiles can hit US warships and bases in the region.

It was only a drone so it wont merit a reaction. Neither side have any interest in a war.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,407 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

I'm sorry you are just wrong. As Clinton once said "it's the economy stupid". Nothing else matters and Trump has the American economy soaring. Unless they have a massive downturn before the election Trump will win.

The economy is in an upcycle. Doubt any President has little or an effect on the economy,up or down.

Dare not ask how he's made the economy "soar".

• Advertisement

jackboy wrote: »
    It was only a drone so it wont merit a reaction. Neither side have any interest in a war.

Events on the ground suggest otherwise. Last weekend oil tankers explosions happened, only weeks before 4 different oil tankers were hit with explosives. So it obvious someone looking to kick start a war in the region.

Houtis have started using more sophicated missiles to hit targets in UAE and Saudi Arabia. There also increasing Rocket attacks against US interests in Iraq.

Now US drones are getting shot down in the region.

It going to continue on and on. Trump will have no choice he have to react soon. In public they say there not interested in war, but events happening right now suggests otherwise. Both sides are not backing down and thats how all wars start, be accident or provoking.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,412 ✭✭✭jackboy

It going to continue on and on. Trump will have no choice he have to react soon. In public they say there not interested in war, but events happening right now suggests otherwise. Both sides are not backing down and thats how all wars start, be accident or provoking.

I'm not sure. Trump is an isolationist. I don't think he gives a damn about drones or a few tankers. He will only respond if American lives are lost. Of course this could happen by accident.

Remember the months of preparations that went into the Gulf wars. They would need at least 6 months preparation before they could have a go at Iran. Attacking Iran without lenghty preparations would be very foolish and risky as it would only be deemed a success if very few americans perished.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

All this Iranian aggression is not going to end well. We are into the tit for tat stage now and i expect an American response with 48hrs.

If Iran flew there drones off the coast of America it would be shot down. Would you call that American aggression? Would you ****.

I'm not sure. Trump is an isolationist. I don't think he gives a damn about drones or a few tankers. He will only respond if American lives are lost. Of course this could happen by accident.

Remember the months of preparations that went into the Gulf wars. They would need at least 6 months preparation before they could have a go at Iran. Attacking Iran without lenghty preparations would be very foolish and risky as it would only be deemed a success if very few americans perished.

You're correct trump decision is final.

Still Trump can't afford to look weak and his allies in the region are likely pushing for a confrontation.

Most of Washington power players are asleep right now, and we have to wait and see what politicians over there say when they wake up.

There was a serious incident last night though and Houtis used a cruise missile to target a power station in Saudi Arabia. US middle eastern allies targetted by cruise missiles has raised the ante again.

Limited strikes is a possibility right now, we have to see Trump reaction to the downed US Drone. If he plays it down, good.

They aren't going to go into Iran. Boots on the ground would be absolute suicide. I can see massive rocket and long range bomber attacks on military targets and the Iranians attacking US interests in the region.

That said the Iranians are massive sponsors of terror throughout the region and i wouldn't be surprised if they have sleeper cells placed in the US ready to act if required. If that happens all bets are off and trump would have the green light to invade resulting in a terrible war unseen since the end of the Vietnam conflict.

If Iran flew there drones off the coast of America it would be shot down. Would you call that American aggression? Would you ****.
    It's not as simple as a drone. Not saying you haven't but maybe read up on what the Iranians have got up to in the region over the last number of years.

Look nobody really knows what's going on in the background, the first victim of war is always the truth. I really hope this doesn't kick off but as we stand now it's not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭bunderoon

Look nobody really knows what's going on in the background, the first victim of war is always the truth. I really hope this doesn't kick off but as we stand now it's not looking good.

Very true.

I'm not a fan of Iran, but what have they been up to and what proof is there of them supporting terrorist activities? Actual proof.

A picture paints a thousand words.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/05/5f/11055fd2ff9efd0064a6ee00f6bafaf9.jpg

bunderoon wrote: »
    Very true.

I'm not a fan of Iran, but what have they been up to and what proof is there of them supporting terrorist activities? Actual proof.

A picture paints a thousand words.
    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/11/05/5f/11055fd2ff9efd0064a6ee00f6bafaf9.jpg

If not for those bases Israel wouldn't exist as we know it today.

I'm not fan of Iran or the US (i took part in the anti war march before the Iraq invasion as an example) but when you say proof of course i have none as neither do 99.99% of us. All i am going by is reports iv'e read or watched. There is so much spin and propaganda it's hard to know what to believe. I do believe Iran wants to be the dominant force in the region.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Might be a good time to order in your home heating oil, or fill up the gas tanks
    BrentCrude: +3.12% (1day).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Let's just hope none of this madness comes to pass. A deal was done with Iran and the almost Gilead type neo-conspiracy fruitcakes of the regime that gradually took over Trump's admin in 2018 who ruined that deal need to be eradicated from the American government. John Bolton and Mike Pompeo = the problem and are behind/started all this drivel. Same John Bolton got the Iraq war going too.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 840 ✭✭✭The Late Late Show

Iranians are good people and so too are Americans. There are also good members of government in both but sadly also hardliner filth with a view of the world similar to Gilead in The Handmaid's Tale. I bet that hardliners in Iran AND America would cooperate to cause a war to get the moderate elements in both countries replaced by themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

The Iran situation is going too slow for Israel. Israel would be pushing Trump. I don't think Iran are that stupid as to provoke a war.
    Israel want Iran dismantled, the quicker the better. The world sits by with trade interests such as the U.K. nodding along.
    As always it'll be the average American/Iranian Joe who does the dying.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭archer22

Its highly likely that Iran thwarted another tanker attack by shooting down the drone.

What else are they flying drones for when they got the sky full of satellites!.

Trump has tweeted on Twitter "Iran made a very big mistake!

Some reports- a military response will be announced in the coming hours after Trump finishes his meetings with military leaders. We see if the reports online are correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,015 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

Some reports- a military response will be announced in the coming hours after Trump finishes his meetings with military leaders. We see if the reports online are correct?

They'll likely try force Iran's hand by bullying them rather than firing first I reckon. If they were going to use the tanker attack they'd have already attacked Iran.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Yeah he'd want to be careful of that kind of "warning". It's the type of stupid thing that can land people in a conflict they didn't really want and that wouldn't be good for his re-election.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

They'll likely try force Iran's hand by bullying them rather than firing first I reckon. If they were going to use the tanker attack they'd have already attacked Iran.
    Iran have twigged what kind of idiot they are dealing with and will restrict themselves to words. I don't know how they can bully them into anything. I see one person driving this - Bolton.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

archer22 wrote: »
    Its highly likely that Iran thwarted another tanker attack by shooting down the drone.

What else are they flying drones for when they got the sky full of satellites!.

Cause drones can get far high res images than the latter, also can provide real time uplink of images and video. Plus that particular drone can "see" through clouds and works at night as this is when it was shot down.

RQ-4 are also unarmed and have no weapons systems or targeting systems.

Tinfoil hat off.

Most likely it was marking targets for future cruise missile strikes.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

D896p16XUAAwbKk.jpg:medium

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

On sky news they said Tucker Carlson is advising Trump on Iran, and he is telling him to not get involved militarily. John Bolton and Mike Pompeo are said to support military action and Trump was against it.

Advertisement