Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2010: French

• 14-06-2010 4:40pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,831 Mod ✭✭✭✭suitcasepink

So If I do a load of work on my aural tomorrow Ill be feeling okay about this exam :)
    Just hope its not a formal letter, we never learned them :/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lolzNato

i have a feeling the Aural will mess me up :( , but im awesome (sorta) at written expression so i might get a good grade :rolleyes: i've always loved French ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 coolyourjets

deise_girl wrote: »
    So If I do a load of work on my aural tomorrow Ill be feeling okay about this exam :)

dont worry u always hav a choice between a formal and informal letter:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

Inb4 Henry-based handball part on the paper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Gaeilge-go-deo

i'd love if a formal letter cam up.. i always write like a page and a half for the formal letter and half for the informal ... :L:L

I just plain hate formal letters in any language french,english,irish,japanese etc.....:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Tommyrawr

For the informal i just blab on about how french is the best subject ever and how my french teacher is the best and how i dispise other subjects
    then i talk about my family my mam or dad in a car accident and im minding the children then when i wnt out friday night and partyed and met a girl then i discribe her and then we all went to the chipper
    and then i ask does he have any news and end my letter

i got an A in the pre xD

I just plain hate formal letters in any language french,english,irish,japanese etc.....:D

Japanese formal letters are quite Funny as the tenses dont go together and your saying mister all the time kinda confuzing =S
    i prefer informal japanese:D

Tommyrawr wrote: »
    Japanese formal letters are quite Funny as the tenses dont go together and your saying mister all the time kinda confuzing =S
    i prefer informal japanese:D

I hope theres no japanese ppl on tonight :pac:or they might b offended nd cut u wit their samurai sword:L

• Registered Users Posts: 21,601 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

any of you geniuses want to provide me with a basic start and ending for the informal letter? :pac:

Dublin,le 6 janvier

Cher Marc,
    Ca va?Ca va tres bien. blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

a bientot/Amities

Francois:D

• Advertisement

thanks dude, dosey slut of a teacher was too busy fixing her makeup to give us an example :cool:

No way ur french teacher's a whore too? Small world:L

yeah, rumour is she gave a 6th year head at graduation a couple of years ago, and she just dissapeared after that year and came back like 3 years after. she also drives a mini, meaning she's a total whore :cool:

• i'd love if a formal letter cam up.. i always write like a page and a half for the formal letter and half for the informal ... :L:L
    The length of answers don't matter, the less you write the best in most cases. One/two sentences is enough for full marks on a point. The more you write the more you have a chance of getting wrong and losing marks in the spelling section :rolleyes: But if you're 100% sure then go ahead with whatever you write.
    deise_girl wrote: »
    Formal letters are *****. I really hate them in comparison to my informals :P But as said, we always have a choice ;)
    I was doing aurals the other day but my papers only do like 6 years back so I ran out quite quickly but I'm feeling confident :D Good luck as I know aurals catch a lot of people :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 SineadCork

Any one wanna give me a couple of perdictions or help on the letter and note..How i hate french :(

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭Parawhore.xD

Aural's gonna be my best section! :D Got 100% on a few papers when we did them in class and well into the high 90%'s with some hard mock papers!

Written expression on the other hand...not so good! I'll hopefully still get enough for it to get an A but yanno!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 leekikwang

my french teacher got pregnant and left us :P we had THEE most stupid teacher for 3rd year... shes worst than sh*t , that pretty much sums her up :L
    anyways... im gonna be like so sleepy during the aural... they bore the heck outta me :P

the comprehensions.. in the pre were way to easy, thats probs why i got an A... id say a high B in the actual thing 2mrw :P

informal letters all the way :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭decisions

Aural's gonna be my best section! :D Got 100% on a few papers when we did them in class and well into the high 90%'s with some hard mock papers!

Written expression on the other hand...not so good! I'll hopefully still get enough for it to get an A but yanno!
    Same :D in the mocks I got full marks :D But I cant write a letter or a note/ postcard to save my life

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭fiestapower

dont have time to study french cause there is so much history to learn :(
    gota get up early too . .

got a b in the mocks but dont think i really deserved it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

Does anyone think it's possible to predict at least three of the letter topics? Anyone have a go? People usually seem to be better at this than I. :P

Ed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭Closed ac

I do Spanish but gl tomorrow guys. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Blue_Seas

My teacher said that we're probably getting a note because there's never been a postcard two years in a row..?

There has been a note 2 years in a row 2006/2007 maybe they might do the same this year but my teacher Really thinks theres gonna be a note as she gave us a few a4's of stuff that we did in class over the last few months asnd she wrote on it your probably getting a note tommorow =]

im gonna learn both just incase
    now need to get studying on my formals =S

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

leekikwang wrote: »
    my french teacher got pregnant and left us :P we had THEE most stupid teacher for 3rd year... shes worst than sh*t , that pretty much sums her up :L
    anyways... im gonna be like so sleepy during the aural... they bore the heck outta me :P

the comprehensions.. in the pre were way to easy, thats probs why i got an A... id say a high B in the actual thing 2mrw :P

informal letters all the way :)

We had the BEST french teacer in the school for 1st year..
    in 2nd year she got pregnant and when go a woman so bad at french - We were correcting her ! then, our teacher was back for like 2 month in september and went off on maternity leave again and we got some woman from sligo who keeps speaking French constantly and we cant understand her,, The Fact she Is from Sligo doesn't help.. shes ok tho no where near as good as our real teacher

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

Vivara wrote: »
    Does anyone think it's possible to predict at least three of the letter topics? Anyone have a go? People usually seem to be better at this than I. :P

Ed.

Most years they pretty much ask you the same things..

things you did.. invite them to your house.. things you will do.. news about the family..

same stuff every year really :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭Colm!

Part 1 of the French test (listening comprehension) was so easy that I could do that and Part 2 (written comprehension) simultaneously. After finishing up on Part 2, I then practically destroyed part 3 (informal letter). As a result, I left the exam an hour early. Can't say I'm worried about that paper. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

I done so bad! I missed a whole section of the listening! (was too tired)
    Didn't understand the comprehensions atall!
    Had given up by section 3 couldn't remember a single phrase.

We started the exam 15 min late and I left at quarter past 11! :(

I done so bad!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 lolzNato

Ahhh difficult much ? Listening was easy but comprehension was :pac: i'll be happy if i get a D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I ballsed that one up big time. Screwed up the listening comprehension and letters/ postcard. Did average on the reading comprehension. I'd be happy with a D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,640 ✭✭✭DylanS09

Answered everything, got almost everything right I'd say( well most of the stuff)
    Screwed up a little on the informal letter but other than that I found it fairly ok!
    Left at 11:25, I was worried because not that many people left when I did, but oh well...

Advertisement