Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Ops 2 "pre-order bonus" clarification

• 11-11-2012 12:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭

It seems that a lot of people are confused about the bonuses you get for pre ordering, mainly the Nuketown 2025 (not zombies) map and the double xp that comes with it.

A unique code to download Nuketown 2025, which gives you double xp for the launch weekend too, comes with each LAUNCH COPY of Black Ops 2 i.e. the very first ones to be in the shop. If you pre order Black Ops 2 you will have a copy reserved from the first batch of games they get in on the 13th of November, a launch copy.

You could go into a shop and buy Black Ops 2 a few days later, without pre ordering, and you may still get the code for the download. Although in this case it's pot luck whether you get it or not.

Naming it a pre order bonus is just a marketing gimmick to ensure big sales right off the bat. Granted it guarantees you Nuketown 2025 but you could get lucky and get it without pre ordering. Hopefully this post makes it a bit clearer for some people :)

oh and here's a link to the official FAQ for any other questions you might have including the explanation about the whole launch copy thing.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,151 ✭✭✭limnam

If you fail to pre-order and get unlucky. Is it possible then to purchase the bonus map at a later stage? From their FAQ it's not clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Screaming Monkey

its gotta be the worst FAQ i ever read, answers nothing really
    Q. What if I don't preorder, can I still get the Nuketown 2025 bonus map?
    A. The Nuketown 2025 downloadable map comes with each launch unit of Call of Duty: Black Ops II. So the best way to ensure you get the Nuketown 2025 downloadable map is to pre-order your copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops II now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

It seems that a lot of people are confused about the bonuses you get for pre ordering, mainly the Nuketown 2025 (not zombies) map and the double xp that comes with it.

A unique code to download Nuketown 2025, which gives you double xp for the launch weekend too, comes with each LAUNCH COPY of Black Ops 2 i.e. the very first ones to be in the shop. If you pre order Black Ops 2 you will have a copy reserved from the first batch of games they get in on the 13th of November, a launch copy.

You could go into a shop and buy Black Ops 2 a few days later, without pre ordering, and you may still get the code for the download. Although in this case it's pot luck whether you get it or not.

Naming it a pre order bonus is just a marketing gimmick to ensure big sales right off the bat. Granted it guarantees you Nuketown 2025 but you could get lucky and get it without pre ordering. Hopefully this post makes it a bit clearer for some people :)

oh and here's a link to the official FAQ for any other questions you might have including the explanation about the whole launch copy thing.

http://community.callofduty.com/community/call_of_duty/english/black_ops_2/blog/2012/06/30/nuketown-2025-faq

Thanks for that.

Have mates who work in Xtravision and asked them about the codes and they said they didn't get any. Good to know I won't miss out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

I never pre-order games. Is it just a call to Gamestop or do they need a deposit? Is it too late to pre-order today?

Advertisement