Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Shanghai €240 Return

• 13-02-2018 4:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭ruddy1987

http://www.secretflying.com/posts/europe-shanghai-china-e240-roundtrip/

Availability from April to May 2018

The SAS website conveniently allows you to view prices for the whole month so there is no need for a list of example dates from us.
    However, do NOT purchase on the SAS website. Simply find the cheap dates, then purchase on the Momondo GO TO DEAL button below.
    Momondo OTAs price these flights cheaper.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Visas are a pain in the hole for China though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

kn wrote: »

i didnt find that.

Once i turned up with itinerary, confirmation of flights and hotels ect it was a breeze.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

kn wrote: »

Huh? I've been twice and never had any trouble at all, bar queueing up at the embassy.

• I'd imagine he means it's a pain because it's not an eVisa.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Huh? I've been twice and never had any trouble at all, bar queueing up at the embassy.

Do you have to queue up at the embassy for a visa? Hardly

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

when we went a few years ago thats what we had to do alright.

Had to go there for work - wouldn't choose to go there on holidays tbh. cheap flight tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,719 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

vicwatson wrote: »

Yes visa application in person only.
    You do need a full itinerary at that time too. Flights in and out and all stay accounted for with booked accommodation.

you can of course book accommodation and cancel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

I went to China in 2005 and had to send the passport to London to get the visa. Just needed a rough itinerary and proof of 1st few night accommodation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 870 ✭✭✭Kuva

What's the point of visa?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Kuva wrote: »
    What's the point of visa?

Huh? To be allowed in (and I assume, out) of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

You also need to decide if you need a single entry or multiple entry visa. For example if you go to Hong Kong you need a new visa to get back into main land China.

Anyone able to get the €240 price?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

Anyone able to get the €240 price?

Had a look last night, and in the Region of €370. Still not bad value, but forever ruined by the €280 flight via LHR from Shannon to Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭tfitzgerald

Tried. Tonight cheapest I could get was 470 still not bad

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

glasso wrote: »
    Had to go there for work - wouldn't choose to go there on holidays tbh. cheap flight tho.

I was there for a wedding last year. Was an amazing trip. Would totally go back.

Top tip: don’t pay to go to the observation deck in the financial centre. Go to the sky bar in the Park Hyatt in the same building and spend your money on a glass of whiskey and enjoy the exact same view in comfort instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

bromley52 wrote: »
    I went to China in 2005 and had to send the passport to London to get the visa. Just needed a rough itinerary and proof of 1st few night accommodation.

Things have moved on a bit in the last decade.....

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

vicwatson wrote: »
    any time I went I had to pay for the visa with a postal order too. Think the nearest post office was in baggot street. I think there was some bank transfer method too, but no cash or CC.

The embassy is gas, I was expecting a big plush place, with lots of security guys and halls, but its like going into someones back garden and then into their kitchen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,815 ✭✭✭stimpson

rubadub wrote: »
    any time I went I had to pay for the visa with a postal order too. Think the nearest post office was in baggot street. I think there was some bank transfer method too, but no cash or CC.

The embassy is gas, I was expecting a big plush place, with lots of security guys and halls, but its like going into someones back garden and then into their kitchen.

That’s not the embassy. It’s the visa and consulate section. The Embassy is on Ailesbury Rd and I’m sure is much more swanky.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

stimpson wrote: »
    That’s not the embassy. It’s the visa and consulate section. .
    right, did not know that, but still sort of a moot point -I still find it very odd that it does not feel as sterile and formal as I would expect such a place to be. esp. upon visiting China and been confronted by extremely formal and intimidating people (which all turned out fine).

It really does feel like the proper place has burnt down or something!, and this is a temporary set up in someones kitchen. You would not bat an eyelid if some kid wandered through wearing pyjamas yawning and wondering who you were, I felt weirdly out of place there.

• Advertisement
Advertisement