Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Excuses to stay out late

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I didn't need any excuses from the age of 15 upwards. All they wanted, actually it was more of a requirement was that I text them to let them know where I am, where I'm staying etc.

Texting your parents with something reasonable when you're off your head on E is a tricky, tricky thing to do.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

My parents were strict enough, although i think it's alot easier for kids nowadays with mobiles etc to keep in touch.

21, still living at home. I just text my Mum on a night out let her know if i'll be home or not. I didn't do it one night when I was out and she was freaking out.. turned out it was the 25 year anniversary of my uncles death, he died in a car accident on a bad rainy/windy night... it was a bad rainy/windy night when i was out.... but also...why didn't she text me to ask???

I dunno what excuses you can use when you're 16 tho!! Depends on what you've been doing and where you're coming home from

• Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

"I will be at the top of the road playing football"
    "Ill be back in 10 mins" Then i would turn up an hour later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

I dunno what excuses you can use when you're 16 tho!! Depends on what you've been doing and where you're coming home from

"I'm so drunk right now I don't even know where I am, let alone where home is"

Obviously would have to be in convincing drunken text speak though.

Rb wrote: »

Hehehehe!!

When I was 16, I saved a message to send to my parents in case they asked where I was when I was out drinking.

Text came through:

Mum: "Where r u?"
    Me (saved msg) "Am in James's house. The boys are going to walk me home soon, i'm really sorry i'm a bit late" :)
    Mum: "Ok, don't be too late, stay safe"

At this stage I felt quite guilty... but carried on drinking for a bit then stumbled home by myself.. somehow not realising i was quite drunk and maybe thinking i'd sober up along the way

Phone call: "Where are you?"

So I pretended to be "hyper"... usual thing for me, bubbly person etc

Yeah got caught out rapid, came home and proceeded to try cover it up. Cue the question "Jamie... were you drinking alcohol?".... the little mess that I was,decided it'd be best not to lie.... the best I came out with was "Yes but I only had one can to taste it"

That was the last time I came home drunk as an underager... i was ignored for ages... funny now tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Rb wrote: »

Haha. I actually am able to text properly even when i'm off my face, good ole' text dictionary! :pac:

Anyways I never really needed an excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Hehehehe!!

When I was 16, I saved a message to send to my parents in case they asked where I was when I was out drinking.

Text came through:

Mum: "Where r u?"
    Me (saved msg) "Am in James's house. The boys are going to walk me home soon, i'm really sorry i'm a bit late" :)
    Mum: "Ok, don't be too late, stay safe"

At this stage I felt quite guilty... but carried on drinking for a bit then stumbled home by myself.. somehow not realising i was quite drunk and maybe thinking i'd sober up along the way

Phone call: "Where are you?"

So I pretended to be "hyper"... usual thing for me, bubbly person etc

Yeah got caught out rapid, came home and proceeded to try cover it up. Cue the question "Jamie... were you drinking alcohol?".... the little mess that I was,decided it'd be best not to lie.... the best I came out with was "Yes but I only had one can to taste it"

That was the last time I came home drunk as an underager... i was ignored for ages... funny now tho
    More importantly, who names their daughter jamie? Your parents must've hated you! :pac:

DEmeant0r wrote: »
    More importantly, who names their daughter jamie? Your parents must've hated you! :pac:

:eek: Tis a common enough girls name!!

There are worse names to be called!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

:eek: Tis a common enough girls name!!

There are worse names to be called!!

Like **** face for instance.

Lil' ******** McGee

Edit: awwwwww

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

Went to an all night Halloween party 2/3 years ago in some girl's house and a friend and I did the whole telling your parents you were staying in the other's house trick.

The next day, my friend's sister, who happens to be my sister's friend was in my house, and her parents came to collect her. Basically, my parents came out to talk to their parents in their car at the gate to my house. My friend was in the car also and we basically nervously looked at each other for the whole time, awaiting the inevitible "thanks for having him last night". But, thankfully, neither said it and we got away with it.

I lied about where I was staying a couple of times after that too, and never got caught.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

I used to say I'd be heading to the Cinema and then followed by the leisureplex so didn't know what time I'd be home. Then I'd proceed to get drunk.

As others have said though, once I hit 18 that was it with the questions.

Sherifu wrote: »
    I didn't need any excuses.

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭daisy123

Anything legal.

I know my parents don't stop caring but they don't mind you going out late and getting drunk e.t.c. I know cos I have to older brothers.

Hmm, you may find that your brothers will have been granted a little bit more freedom than their precious baby girl!!!

Lil Smiler, your story almost reflects mine, apparently "drunk" and "hyper" on the phone sound a lot different! Something to do with slurring words...also the last time I came home drunk as an underager, still reluctant NOW to do it if they'll see me! I also got the 'ignore' as opposed to the 'angry' method!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

I used to tell my parents I was staying out to take loads of Class A's. I fooled them good when I came home locked!!

"Were you taking drugs?"
    *hiccup* "fla? iosd? Drugs? Na im alrite, wohs tha? Yeah im gud, howwwws u?"
    "Oh right, thats ok then"

Hahahaha suckers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Haribox?

daisy123 wrote: »
    Hmm, you may find that your brothers will have been granted a little bit more freedom than their precious baby girl!!!

Lil Smiler, your story almost reflects mine, apparently "drunk" and "hyper" on the phone sound a lot different! Something to do with slurring words...also the last time I came home drunk as an underager, still reluctant NOW to do it if they'll see me! I also got the 'ignore' as opposed to the 'angry' method!

Yeah my parents are very disapproving of the getting drunk thing. So i try to avoid coming home if i do find that i've drank a few more than intended! The odd time i've come home tipsy but i'm not sure if they've noticed coz i sh1te on enough anyway when i'm talking to them normally!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

When I was a teenager we didn't have mobiles so the parents couldn't track you. But it also meant that if you were getting a lift home at a certain time you had to be there otherwise there was hell to pay.

I remember coming home about 5 one morning and not being met with the happiest of folks.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

My mother didn't mind me coming home late as long as I didn't bring gangs of people with me. My mother didn't really want to know what I used to get up to when I was out either. Poor woman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

From the age of 18 I didn't have to make excuses but before that I would just tell my mum I was staying at a friends so I could be out clubbing all night. When I was 16 though, I said I would be home by 1am one night. I was quite late though, and unbeknownst to me, my mum went out looking for me. It was about 2.30am when me and two friends came walking up our road on our way home. To my horror, a few doors down from my house, was my mum in her car. She wound the window down as we walked past and said in a furious voice "Get in." Even though it was a 5 second walk from there to our house. My friends quietly wished me luck as I got in (as they were boys, their parents didn't care what time they came home). It was so embarrassing, I got in, my mum drove for 1 second until we were outside our house, and we got out as my friends were walking past. Why?! She just wanted to embarrass me and it worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

When I go home during the weekends I don't really return to the house until 7 / 8 in the morning. Parents do wonder where the hell I do be until then and I tell them the truth. Thing is, though, they don''t seem to believe me that after the pub me and lad's head back to another mate's flat with cans and just chillax chatting shìte. We don't get to see each other until the weekends so, dammit, we drain the life out of every hour on the weekends! Overheard the meddling, trouble-making sister one day saying to them "He's probably doing drugs when he's out!" I don't, but still :D

And during the week I'm normally in the lad's gaff till about 2 - 3 in the morning...........then I'm up at 8:30 to go to work :p

My sleeping pattern is arseways!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,193 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

This always worked for me as I said it when i was out sobre or out drinking

"Where are you ?"

"AHH Mother, I don't know where I am, I'm reaching for the lasers as we speak." (All words slurred)

Said it for the first time when sobre and she got a laugh out of it and worked like a charm after. Was always followed with "Okay, I'll leave the key out for you"

• Registered Users Posts: 17,485 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I used to say that I got drugged and raped by pedobear. That meant I got sympathy while hungover

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

used to just bullsh/t them tell them i was in somebodies how watchin a film but by the time i was 16 i pretty much didnt need any excuses for staying out late

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

My parents were ok with me, as long as I wasn't on drugs, and I wasn't, being drunk was ok as long as I didn't overdo it and I came home safe or I told them if I was staying in a mates house

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Just tell them you're Batman.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭JangoFett

I am totally gonna do that. I'm 22 and live in my own place but I am so gonna ring my Ma some night and tell her its ok that I'm out drinking cuz I'm Batman

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Twinkle-star15

EDIT: I was going to post something here but then I remembered my dad knows about this account. Whoops!

xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Never needed any excuses, my folks knew I was a responsible young gosoooooooooon. I used to always walk home from town to my house (my very big house) in the country anyway and it took about 45 minutes, at 3-4am after the dishco I was in no hurry.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,377 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I usually get lifts home from where ever i may be but the latest i can usually push it to is 2.Generally no need to lie because they know im drinking but one time i pure waffled my arse off.

i was out with the lads and said i was getting a lift home of a friends dad at two (not true).so i was fairly plastered and sat in the back of my mates car half asleep on one of the lads when i get a phone call around half 2 where are you etc.thinking fast i said theyred been a stabbbing somewhere and as my friends dad was a jlo he'd gotten called in and would get us as soon as he was finished.i eventually strolled in at 4 but they believed it because i dont usually lie.i was just so paro afterwards because my mam n dad know my friends dad and would have said it to him had they seen him.

oh and another time i was around an hour late when i was emant to be in at 11 i said that there were scumbags sat on the back of the bus setting the seats on fire and the bus driver pulled over refused to drive and called the gaurds and we had to wait for a replacement bus...suprisingly enough that worked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Just go to bed jailbait.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement