Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco mobile

• 17-09-2010 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭

I'm planing to switch to this provider from O2, as they are considerably cheaper
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/OurPricePlans.aspx

However, I am really concerned that I wont be able to receive calls to my current number. They are supposed to have a process whereby you can keep your old number - has anyone any experience of this?

Also, I know this sounds like a really amateurish question but is information on your phone (i.e. phone book) saved to the SIM or to the mobile on typical Nokia phones? :o
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

I'm planing to switch to this provider from O2, as they are considerably cheaper
    http://www.tescomobile.ie/OurPricePlans.aspx

However, I am really concerned that I wont be able to receive calls to my current number. They are supposed to have a process whereby you can keep your old number - has anyone any experience of this?

Also, I know this sounds like a really amateurish question but is information on your phone (i.e. phone book) saved to the SIM or to the mobile on typical Nokia phones? :o
    most phones save contacts on the phone memory so you would need to save to the sim card and then copy them to the new handset but be aware that the sim card will not store addresses or other information about your contacts just their name and number and a second number afaik.

yes you can keep your old number by "porting" your number over to the new operator, so if you have a vodafone 087 number you port it over to the tesco network and you keep your number including the 087.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Yes you can switch to any mobile network now, and keep your existing number including the prefix.

You can also put all numbers and texts etc on the phone, so you will still have all of these. It depends what phone you have to say whats the best way to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Mobiles & PDAs

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

One little draw back though is Tesco don't do the free webtexts.

btw how is tesco mobile an advantage for O2

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

This post has been deleted.

of course but tesco really undercut O2 plans and give free credit every time you top up. Must be attracting a lot of business away from O2 especially at the lower end of the market anyway.

Advertisement