Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ireland Games in Malahide

Options
  • 06-07-2015 11:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭

Hi All
    I have a fleeting interest in cricket, been to a few games when living in UK and thought I might check out one of Irelands upcoming fixtures in Malahide.

Cricket is a great day for an old picnic and beers, so just wondering what is the policy at grounds here regarding bringing in alcohol?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

It differs from game to game, usually depending on who is the governing body (rules are much stricter for ODIs, for instance). In general, though, it's not too much of a problem to bring a few cans or a bottle of wine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭guile4582

anyone been to any of the games lately can give more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Cricket fan

I suggest you ask cricket ireland on twitter if possible, I cant say for sure as I've yet to attend a game, will do soon hopefully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Heading down this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,498 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Heading down this afternoon.

Just saw your big bulb on the telly box

• Advertisement

Nice atmosphere here.

128 probably not enough

Just wanted to give a general report on today, from the perspective of a supporter.

It was my second time going to see the Ireland Cricket Team play, the last time was vs Pakistan in Clontarf ODI.

Found the atmosphere in the ground very good, welcoming and family friendly, the 2.5k people there were well spread out on the seats and where I was on the hill, great view.

Really must make the effort to go more often, having said that, tomorrow is out unfortunately.

had my first experience there a few weeks back when we played Jersey, not a great turnout but that didn't matter. the weather, the crowd, setup and the smithwicks were absolutely great!

will definitely be on the lookout for another game (i have a fleeting interest in cricket, just like a day of sport, this defo has it)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Glad ye enjoyed your time at the games, very annoyed work stopped me going.

Its probably for the best I didn't go, Giles Clarke was at most days, wouldn't be a good idea for me to be so close to him.:eek::p

• Registered Users Posts: 31 hugh2006

Hi all,

I've followed cricket for a number of years and regularly play taverners in the summer, but had never attended an international match until last month. when I went to the England - Sri Lanka ODI in Cardiff. It was a great day out!!! There was a real party atmosphere in the crowd with pints flowing and all manner of food on offer. Half the crowd appeared to be on a stag and / or were in fancy dress.

Would the same party atmosphere be found at Ireland's ODI against Pakistan in Malahide in August (assuming the weather allows it)? Trying to convince a few friends that its a great day out, but only have my experiences in the UK to go on.

I assume they will serve alcohol and food at the event? Do many people dress up for Ireland games? Any experiences of recent ODI's Malahide would be appreciated.

Regards,
    H

• Advertisement

theres a club bar which is nice, chipper van , but wouldnt have the same crowd numbers or the the same type of revellers

much much more relaxed and family orientated

• Registered Users Posts: 10 MeathOrient

I'm thinking of going to the ODI vs Pakistan at Malahide on Thursday.

Anyone know if you can pay on the day at the gate ?

I'm thinking of going to the ODI vs Pakistan at Malahide on Thursday.

Anyone know if you can pay on the day at the gate ?

99.99999999999999% would say yes

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭spud06

Hi All

Going to the ODI against Pakistan on Thursday. Just wanted to see if anybody knows what the story is with getting a beer on the day etc....

Thanks

Advertisement