Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Where to spend excess Credit [Vodafone&Three on Android + iOS]

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

sweetie wrote: »
    Yiu should be able to purchase via phone and then sign in online to Google play store and go to music and download

Are they DRM free though?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,616 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Are they DRM free though?

Apparently so

https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/971440?hl=en&msgid=980188

though I'm not sure if I first need to have a Google Music account subscription (€9.99 / month) and *then* buy songs for additional cost on top of that rather than getting the songs as part of the 9.99

Still that's all promising... I don't think my Spotify app allows this.

EDIT: sorry I'm an idiot I missed the "Browse Music" button on Play Store where you can buy albums directly without the Google Music app

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

mrcheez wrote: »
    Apparently so

https://support.google.com/chromebook/thread/971440?hl=en&msgid=980188

though I'm not sure if I first need to have a Google Music account subscription (€9.99 / month) and *then* buy songs for additional cost on top of that rather than getting the songs as part of the 9.99

Still that's all promising... I don't think my Spotify app allows this.

EDIT: sorry I'm an idiot I missed the "Browse Music" button on Play Store where you can buy albums directly without the Google Music app

yes, no sub needed. I've picked up the odd song/album from it.

yes, no sub needed. I've picked up the odd song/album from it.

cool just tested there with a free song and it seems to work, though I got the warning about only being able to download 2 times.

Just to be clear, if I sub to Google Music for 9.99, I can't download all songs as they are only streamable correct?

street parking by text through the parking tag number (53311) seems to be definitely not working anymore from Three.

tried it again today and it was telling me to ring a phone number to complete payment whereas before it would just go straight through and be taken from credit

unless it's still working for other people?

• Advertisement

cool just tested there with a free song and it seems to work, though I got the warning about only being able to download 2 times.

Just to be clear, if I sub to Google Music for 9.99, I can't download all songs as they are only streamable correct?

I would think so, yes.

glasso wrote: »
    street parking by text through the parking tag number (53311) seems to be definitely not working anymore from Three.

tried it again today and it was telling me to ring a phone number to complete payment whereas before it would just go straight through and be taken from credit

unless it's still working for other people?

Haven't used it in a while. will try it on friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭2lazytogetup

all these ways to spend excess credit seem to be disappearing - Deerzer, spotify, and someone suggesting parking by text is going.

I would suggest donating your excess to charity as per the first post. And you can feel good and justify not donating cash to a work a colleagues run or another charity. As in you are saving yourself the cash cause if you donate credit that is probably going to go to waste then you internally (inside your mind) justify not throwing a tenner next time someone is looking for money.

Thats what i did.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

My Mario kart tour gold pass is still working away perfectly from Three credit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Hi all,

I'm looking to conduct a little feasibility study into a way of converting excess credit into something more useful.

I have a working prototype so if anyone is interested can you send me a PM and I can go through it with them?
    A small group would be more manageable for now, as its still a "Work In Progress", hence keeping it to PM's.
    It's nothing shady so no issues there! (You can check my adverts feedback if still unsure - https://www.adverts.ie/member/51222)

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

B00MSTICK wrote: »
    Hi all,

I'm looking to conduct a little feasibility study into a way of converting excess credit into something more useful.

I have a working prototype so if anyone is interested can you send me a PM and I can go through it with them?
    A small group would be more manageable for now, as its still a "Work In Progress", hence keeping it to PM's.
    It's nothing shady so no issues there! (You can check my adverts feedback if still unsure - https://www.adverts.ie/member/51222)

Thanks

I wouldn't waste your time, hmvgamecredit couldn't make it work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

If I remember correctly, hmvgamecredit were experiencing a lot of problems with scammers. Not sure how though.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Western Lowland Gorilla

It's the OneDrive app that you subscribe to, and then that gives you access to the full Office 365

Don't see an option. I'm already signed in and subscribed so I assume it'll only work with a new account that hasnt subscribed already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

Thanks for the info. interesting reading.
    I've tried to look at similar but didn't get too far. Indeed it seems many of these ideas did fail - meaning I'm probably overlooking something major.

Personally I used to spend the excess credit on League of Legends points - this resulted in about a 25-30% return on phone credit/cash value, so I feel there has to be a better option.

Thanks again for the feedback

I checked out the YouTube Premium subscription during the week, but the only option presented to me was pay by credit card, whereas Google Music had no problems defaulting to 3 credit (once the trial month is over) for 9.99.

Is the option for YouTube Premium at 11.99 no longer available for pay by credit?

The only way I could find the subscription option was to go in via the YouTube app, rather than via Play Store?

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

Try the YouTube Music app to see if it gives the option. I think that's the App I originally signed up to YouTube Premium from my 3 credit.

I would think so, yes.

Haven't used it in a while. will try it on friday.

did you try the parking tag parking?

glasso wrote: »
    did you try the parking tag parking?

My car broke down and I had to change plans unfortunately

My car broke down and I had to change plans unfortunately

cheers. you could always just send a text for the minimum minutes to test it out even if you're at home!

Looks like DisneyLife (currently €6.99 per month by credit) will be getting re-branded to Disney+, so I don't see them doing away with the pay by credit when it's launched.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/disneylife-disney-plus-uk-plans-134202447.html

I might sign up for the free week before the launch, and then cancel if it doesn't work before the first charge hits.

I checked out the YouTube Premium subscription during the week, but the only option presented to me was pay by credit card, whereas Google Music had no problems defaulting to 3 credit (once the trial month is over) for 9.99.

Is the option for YouTube Premium at 11.99 no longer available for pay by credit?

The only way I could find the subscription option was to go in via the YouTube app, rather than via Play Store?
    editorsean wrote: »
    Try the YouTube Music app to see if it gives the option. I think that's the App I originally signed up to YouTube Premium from my 3 credit.

I tested this again using the YouTube Music app, went to the payment section and under "Select payment method" I only see...

- Add credit or debit card
    - Add PayPal

So I assume we can remove YouTube Premium from the list of services new members can pay for with credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 Boler

I tested this again using the YouTube Music app, went to the payment section and under "Select payment method" I only see...

- Add credit or debit card
    - Add PayPal

So I assume we can remove YouTube Premium from the list of services new members can pay for with credit.

3 pay option is available for me again, just updated my payment method through the YouTube app.

Boler wrote: »
    3 pay option is available for me again, just updated my payment method through the YouTube app.

I think key word there is "again"

Perhaps if you had it before it's still permitted to renew that way.

NADA for me, but to be honest it's no biggie as my main attraction to it is the music which I have access to via Google Music which I can pay for with credit.

Also I'm interested in the Disney+ now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭gingernut79

Disney+ launches 24th March, I assume Disney Life will be no more then. Fingers crossed the new one can be paid for from credit, it's €7 a month

I tried a bunch of times to sign up with credit just now, and I thought I had managed it but its like it doesn't recognise it at all, and was still looking for CC details before I could get to the content.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I tried a bunch of times to sign up with credit just now, and I thought I had managed it but its like it doesn't recognise it at all, and was still looking for CC details before I could get to the content.

Is there an app available? :)

I opened the Disney Life app there.

Logged in, it said I wasn't subscribed and I clicked the "Re-subscribe" button (odd it says Re-subscribe as I had never subscribed previously)

The "Google Play" overlay appears with "G Pay: 3" as an option, so it still seems to be available for me.

It's odd why some people can get access to paying via credit where others don't (for example I can't pay for YouTube Premium like this)

Note: I used the same email for the Disney Life account as my email with the Google Pay account, so check this is the case

• Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

Which VPN apps support carrier billing these days lads? Have €10 left credit but PIA seems to be more than that now for a month... Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

Having similar problems, I'm assuming it's that they are taking no new members till the new service launches .. maybe?

Having similar problems, I'm assuming it's that they are taking no new members till the new service launches .. maybe?

So you can't actually create an account on the Disney Life app?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭pl4ichjgy17zwd

carbsy wrote:
    Which VPN apps support carrier billing these days lads? Have €10 left credit but PIA seems to be more than that now for a month... Cheers!

I still only pay 7.52

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,082 ✭✭✭carbsy

I still only pay 7.52

Hmmm I'll have to try it again then! Thx

Advertisement