Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

FRAGRANCE SPLITS - *SEPTEMBER 2022*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,527 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Updated 5/11/19 :

Notes
    Last few bits of stuff to clear out of the way before the new list of winter stuff due to previous participants in the coming days. Nearly everything in hand and featuring new stuff from Atkinsons, Bvlgari, Chanel, Dior, Lubin, Maison Margiela, Mancera, Miller Harris, Nasomotto, Parfums de Marly, Mugler, Tiziana Terenzi, Tom Ford and more.......

Bottle sizes
    Glass bottles: 10ml, 25 / 30 ml (same bottle), 50ml.
    Plastic bottles: 10ml, 20ml.

Note 20ml splits are available in plastic bottles only

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 5/112019:

Creed - Aventus: new flacon due today @ €85 per 50ml.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

MAISON FRANCIS KURKDJIAN

One sniff of a sample and I knew I was splitting this. This is not an in your face, hard oud – rather it’s soft and smooth. Cedar and saffron take centre stage, against a background of creamy oud. Very unisex and easy to wear. RRP €195 / 75ml.
    €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, or €50.50 for 25ml. Only 25ml left.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Medium availability on the following: 30 - 40ml left *in hand*

Montale - Spicy Aoud
    A typical Montale medicinal oud in the background, with saffron and orange leading the charge. Dark and smooth. Unisex, but leaning feminine to my nose. RRP €65 / 50ml.
    €12.50 €10 for 10ml, €24 €20 for 20ml, or €34 €28 for 30ml. 40ml available. Prices reduced!
    ................................................................................................................

Last chance on the following - 20ml or less left *in hand*

Etat Libre d'Orange - Vierges et Toreros
    Creamy cognac, leather, nutmeg and spices. For me, this is pretty close to Maison Marliega’s Jazz Club – if you missed that, you could do worse than pick this up. RRP €135 / 100ml.
    €14 €12 for 10ml. Lsat 10ml available. Price reduced!

................................................................................................................

Parfums MDCI
    Rare availability from this highly regarded boutique French house. I have one 10ml available of each of the following: Chypre Palatin (male), Cuir Cavalier (male) and Fetes Persanes (unisex). All very well reviewed.
    €25 for 10ml.

Atkinson's - The Odd Fellow's Bouquet
    English house Atkinson’s is perhaps best described as a slightly more playful Penhaglion’s. Apparently inspired by Lawrence of Arabia, this fragrance is designed to evoke the fireside luxuries of a London gentlemen’s club in days gone by. So expect leather, tobacco, amber, and booze....plenty of booze. You’ll see plenty of comparisons to Tom Ford’s Tobacco Vanille but they’re pretty wide of the mark IMHO except in the most general sense. One reviewer mentions a hookah pipe – that’s a better example to me. RRP €130 / 100ml.
    €12.50 €10 for 10ml. One only (plastic). Price reduced!

Updated list coming next few days with some new wintry goodies, including the first listing for super high end brand Roja Parfums!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

OH would kill me if I bought anymore but still like to look :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Updated list coming next few days with some new wintry goodies, including the first listing for super high end brand Roja Parfums!
    Turns on email notifications :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Stick me down for 20mls Pat, cheers

• Advertisement

BTW forgot to mention that the list went out to previous participants end of last week - should be in your Junk if you didn't see it. Will be adding a few more to that though on Boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,380 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

Received my Tobacco Vanille Today

All perfect and the presentation excellent as always

Good Job Pat

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

Updated 16/11/19 :

Bottle sizes

Shipping
    Courier: €12.50 for up to 5 or 6 bottles depending on size. This option must be used for glass bottles.
    An Post: €4.50 - only available for plastic bottles (10 / 20ml). Max seven 10ml or three 20ml bottles. Not tracked or insured!

Further details are in the OP of this thread. Full payment details will be provided by PM / email - I take Revolut, bank transfer, or PayPal.

I also have the following available in hand as of 16/11/2019:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml (due week of 18th Nov)
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Oud eau de parfum: Creamy, smooth oud and cedar. €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, or €50.50 for 25ml. Only 25ml left.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 extrait de parfum: one off opportunity to grab this cult sweetie. NB this is the extrait, not weaker EdP. €41 for 10ml (glass). One only.
    Montale - Spicy Aoud: Dark oud with soft saffron and orange. Unisex leaning feminine. €10 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, or €28 for 30ml.[/b] 40ml available. Prices reduced.
    MDCI Parfums - Fetes Persanes: Rare opportunity to pick this up, €25 for 10ml, one only.
    Jo Malone - Poppy & Barley: one only 10ml available (week of 2/12) @ €15. Female scent.
    Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: An intense oriental, featuring leather, oud and rum. Well worth a try. €12.50/10ml, €23.50/20ml, or €33.50/30ml. 30ml available.
    Miller Harris - Etui Noir: Surprisingly light leather / smoke / incense. Unisex. €11.50/10ml, €21.50/20ml, or €30.50/30ml. 30ml available.
    Tiziana Terenzi - Ecstasy: Church style incense, with spruce and pine. Great performance. €15/10ml, €27.50/20ml, or €40.50/30ml. 30ml available.

CREED
    375x500.41698.jpg

Viking *open split*
    Already have 500ml of this gone, hoping to do another 250ml. More mature than its famous sibling Aventus, this is a warming mix of woods and spices. Effortlessly wearable in all situations (office included), this is preferred by some (myself included) over its big brother. RRP €220 / 50ml.
    €90 for 50ml.

TOM FORD
    495477.jpg

Tobacco Vanille *on the way*
    Y’all know this one I’m sure – it’s a stone cold classic. A heavy, sweet mix of tobacco and vanilla (obviously!) that lasts and lasts – now for a fantastic price. RRP €188 / 50ml.
    €38.50 for 20ml, €47.50 for 25ml, or €84.50 for 50ml. Only 50ml left!

Jasmin Rouge *open split*
    Highly rated jasmin and ylang ylang based female perfume. RRP €188 for 50ml.
    €24 for 10ml, €46.50 for 20ml, €69 for 30ml, or €105 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

LUBIN
    375x500.16493.jpg

Akkad *in hand*
    Amber, olibanum, elemi, styrax, labdanum, clary sage – this sounds like it’d be right at home in the lineup of Amouage or Xerjoff. And those are good reference points – Akkad is an eastern style warm spicy amber. Very high quality and a safe unisex. I gave this an all day run recently and it really is very good - couldn't stop smelling my wrist! RRP €160 / 100ml
    €20 for 10ml, €37.50 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml or €84 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in attractive original 100ml bottle and box.

PARFUMS DE MARLY
    375x500.11771.jpg

Godolphin *in hand*
    This is PdM’s big leather scent – their version of Tuscan Leather. Pretty straightforward addictive leather in the vein of the Tom Ford, although the closest comparator is probably Acqua di Parma’s Colonia Leather. RRP ~€160 / 75ml.
    €19 for 10ml, €33.50 for 20ml, €42 for 25ml, €76.50 for 50ml, or €95.50 for 75ml. 75ml portion comes in original 125ml bottle and box.

NASOMATTO
    375x500.12130.jpg

Pardon *in hand*
    I’ve been asked to feature Nasomatto plenty of times.....so here you are! Pardon is perhaps their best, with dark chocolate leading the charge, supported by oud, sandalwood, sweet tonka and spices. Another extrait so super performance. Nasomatto only sell in 30ml bottles (but still at a high price!) so I’m splitting this a bit differently to usual. I’ve stuck 1ml volumes into sample tubes (plain label) for the bargain price of €5.50 – these are only available as an add on to another order. RRP €124 / 30ml
    €5.50 for 1ml Add on to other order only - plastic sample bottle and plain label.

MANCERA
    495478.jpg

Royal Vanilla *in hand*
    Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. Being a Mancera, performance is guaranteed. A cosy winter scent.
    €13 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, €34 for 30ml, or €53 for 60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    Mancera's Aventus alternative. Obvious comparisons with the Creed here, but this is a bit thicker and jammier. Cheaper too!
    €12.50 for 10ml, €23 for 20ml, €32.50 for 30ml, or or €49 for 60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

ROJA PARFUMS
    375x500.57876.jpg

Enigma Parfum Cologne *open split*
    Shrouded in a swirl of Cognac and Tobacco, a suave figure sits cool and composed at the bar of a private members’ club - where the scent of Woods and Leather pervade. Dressed in a way that defies the club rules, this alluring presence is definitely unexpected. Why is he here? How did he get in? You cannot take your eye off this mysterious man. Warm touches of spice blend with soft Vanilla and Benzoin, which create a sense of ambiguity - nothing is quite what it seems.”. Roja have released several of their most popular scents in a new 'parfum cologne' concentration - these appear to be replacing the current eaux de parfums so presumably are around that strength. Reports on Enigma PC suggest it's a slightly fresher take than the original, and longevity is good. What's for sure though is that it is a LOT cheaper than the shockingly expensive extrait.
    €33 for 10ml, €65 for 20ml, €96 for 30ml, or €150.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box. Bottle unavailable for first split; will need enough for a second split to make another available.
    Also: €33 for 7.5ml official travel atomiser (boxed). One only! RRP €46+.

BERDOUES
    234722-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Arz E-Rab *in hand*
    A bit of belter from under the radar brand Berdoues. Notes for this list cedar, ginger and iris. I get the first two but not the iris - seems to be a good dash of lemon and pepper in there too. Pushing more towards Spring material here, but for the price this is really very good and a pretty safe wear.
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

THIERRY MUGLER
    375x500.6103.jpg

Pure Malt*in hand*
    Sibling to Pure Havane, the star here is whiskey malt. It’s well in the background (behind vanilla and fruity notes) though so don’t fret about stinking of booze.
    €11 for 10ml, €20.50 for 20ml, or €30 for 30ml.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭Bullocks

Hi Pat can I take the 10ml of Jo Malone and 30 ml of the Tiziana Terenzi - Ecstasy please.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,858 ✭✭✭Soarer

Alright Pat.

I'll take the 50ml of the Jasmin, and you may as well through in a bit of Pardon while you're at it.

Sound.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Received my order from Pat last week.Great service as always .

Folks, I'm out of the country tomorrow returning Saturday evening - please forgive any delayed responses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Folks, I'm out of the country tomorrow returning Saturday evening - please forgive any delayed responses.

No probs Pat, enjoy the trip. I will check your list and put in a couple of fillers to my TF order on hold :)

No probs Pat, enjoy the trip. I will check your list and put in a couple of fillers to my TF order on hold :)

Hehe....I'm back already! Unfortunately I'm at work now rather than gallivanting :(.

I'll email you a current list - kinda cleared out last week or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,588 ✭✭✭Kat1170

Hi Pat, pm'd you an alternative for the Viking.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Trizo

Received first thing this morning Pat , top class as usual , Cheers !

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭EarlyStorms

I've been crazy busy but just reporting that I received my latest package last week and as usual everything was brilliant. I'm set up for the winter months now, thanks Pat!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Yep, perfect as always. That Maison Margiella Coffee Break is delightful! :)

I've been crazy busy but just reporting that I received my latest package last week and as usual everything was brilliant. I'm set up for the winter months now, thanks Pat!

Cheers dude!

...........................................................................................

Will post an updated list of what's left tomorrow I'd say. If anyone is looking for anything else before Christmas, get yizzer requests in soon! Pretty much full up for boxes going out next week and the following week. Last deliveries week of 16th December but if you're stuck let me know!

Already have a selection of heavy hitters lined up for the New Year, and the Revolut card is preparing to take a battering on Black Friday. Expect to see listings of brand new releases from Parfums de Marly and Acqua di Parma, as well as unlisted stuff from Amouage and Penhaglion's, plus first time for some Bond No 9.......and even some Irish fragrances begorrah! Plus a red hot cult favourite handmade using quasi illegal ingredients by a man who looks like Borat!

Thinking of shaking up the format a bit too and going with a two monthly (or even monthly) smaller list of new stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭AmberGold

Any Ladies Aventus Pat?

• Advertisement

AmberGold wrote: »
    Any Ladies Aventus Pat?

No current plans. Considering getting Creed Spring Flower in alright, probably after New Year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Caroleia

Pat, Ecstacy, Antaeus and Coffee Break arrived safely today. All are perfect Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

Hello Pat,

Can you put me down for:

Parfums de marly - Godolphin - 25ml

Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt - 30ml
    Aventus - 50ml

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

Hi Pat,

New customer here. Can you put me down for Aventus - 50ml please?

Im just going to see what else you post up today and maybe make additions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Pat, any Viking left?

adox wrote: »
    Hi Pat,

New customer here. Can you put me down for Aventus - 50ml please?

Im just going to see what else you post up today and maybe make additions.
    Sure. Update with what's left coming later (hopefully).
    jim o doom wrote: »
    Pat, any Viking left?

All gone I'm afraid.......however, believe it or not you're the second person to ask for one this morning so maybe there's some more interest? If so, I'll get another 250ml in - but let me know quick! Packages from France are very slow at the moment so it's pretty tight to get it in, split, and shipped out in time for Christmas. It'd be €90 for 50ml (RRP for a retail 50ml bottle is €220).

Creed Viking - 50ml €90.

I'm actually wearing Viking today - bloody hell it's good! Rate it higher than Aventus personally, especially in colder weather.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Hey Pat, I'm definitely interested in a 50ml of viking, but there's no crazy rush on it, it's for myself - but whenever you get it in I am up for it before xmas, after xmas.. it's all good.

Same for wood and spice (at some stage next year hopefully!).

Cheers!

Updated 28/11/19 :

Notes
    I've a lot of stuff going out over the next couple of weeks (Christmas rush!) so some new requests may not ship until the week of 16th December. If you're stuck though, just let me know.

Bottle sizes

Shipping

I also have the following available in hand as of 28/11/2019:

Creed - Aventus: €85 per 50ml (due week of 9th Dec)
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Oud eau de parfum: Creamy, smooth oud and cedar. €22.50 for 10ml, €40.50 for 20ml, or €50.50 for 25ml. Only 25ml left.
    Maison Francis Kurkdjian - Baccarat Rouge 540 extrait de parfum: one off opportunity to grab this cult sweetie. NB this is the extrait, not weaker EdP. €41 for 10ml (glass). One only.
    Montale - Spicy Aoud: Dark oud with soft saffron and orange. Unisex leaning feminine. €10 for 10ml, €20 for 20ml, or €28 for 30ml.[/b] 40ml available. Prices reduced.
    MDCI Parfums - Fetes Persanes: Rare opportunity to pick this up, €25 for 10ml, one only.
    Bvlgari - Man: Black Orient: An intense oriental, featuring leather, oud and rum. Well worth a try. €12.50/10ml, €23.50/20ml, or €33.50/30ml. 30ml available.
    Miller Harris - Etui Noir: Surprisingly light leather / smoke / incense. Unisex. €11.50/10ml, €21.50/20ml, or €30.50/30ml. 30ml available.
    Parfums de Marly - Godolphin: PdM's version of Tuscan Leather - and it's a good 'un. Last 10ml left @ €19.
    Thierry Mugler - Pure Malt: whiskey notes but not overly boozy. €11 for 10ml, or €20.50 for 20ml. 20ml left.

CREED
    375x500.41698.jpg

Viking *open split*
    Already have a couple of bottles of this gone, hoping to do another 250ml. More mature than its famous sibling Aventus, this is a warming mix of woods and spices. Effortlessly wearable in all situations (office included), this is preferred by some (myself included) over its big brother. RRP €220 / 50ml.
    €90 for 50ml. Three slots available.

TOM FORD
    496396.jpg

Soleil Neige *open split*
    Brand new from Tom Ford. "Soleil Neige is the bright side of Soleil, a polar expression to Soleil Blanc’s solar floral. Radiant with winter light, the scent mimics the shimmer of sun on snow." With notes of bergamot, carrot seed and jasmine, the new Private Blend Soleil Neige Eau de Parfum is a citral-floral-musk scent. RRP €188.
    Note 1: this is listed as unisex but I suspect leans feminine.
    Note 2: move quick! To get this price, I have to order the decanter by tomorrow Friday 29th!

€47 for 20ml (plastic), €58 for 25ml or €107 for 50ml.

LUBIN
    375x500.16493.jpg

Akkad *in hand*
    Amber, olibanum, elemi, styrax, labdanum, clary sage – this sounds like it’d be right at home in the lineup of Amouage or Xerjoff. And those are good reference points – Akkad is an eastern style warm spicy amber. Very high quality and a safe unisex. I gave this an all day run recently and it really is very good - couldn't stop smelling my wrist! Very high Fragrantica rating at 4.42 / 5. Some reviews:

"Amazing amber! Most incredible dry down of a fragrance ever! Deliciously addictive sticky resinous amber accord with a powdery vanilla. It has an airy aromatic opening with the mandarin, bergamot, cardamom and clary sage."

"The best amber scent I have ever smelled. Cuts thru the cold air like a knife. When I wear this I know that no one smells better."

"Sensual, perfectly unisex with moderate sillage and projection, the fragrance slowly and very surreptitiously evolves on your skin. A true triumph of modern perfumery."

"Smokey,spicey with some sweetness. This smells exactly how it should. Deep,rich and warm. The complexity outshines any of the CDG Incense Series scents IMO. Majority of the notes are detected and this is easier to wear. Much more of a cold weather scent that is versatile enough for women and men, day or night. Performance is excellent."

€20 for 10ml, €37.50 for 20ml, €55 for 30ml or €84 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in attractive original 100ml bottle and box.

NASOMATTO
    375x500.12130.jpg

Pardon *in hand*
    I’ve been asked to feature Nasomatto plenty of times.....so here you are! Pardon is perhaps their best, with dark chocolate leading the charge, supported by oud, sandalwood, sweet tonka and spices. Another extrait so super performance. Nasomatto only sell in 30ml bottles (but still at a high price!) so I’m splitting this a bit differently to usual. I’ve stuck 1ml volumes into sample tubes (plain label) for the bargain price of €5.50 – these are only available as an add on to another order. RRP €124 / 30ml
    €5.50 for 1ml Add on to other order only - plastic sample bottle and plain label. Three left.

MANCERA
    496397.jpg

Royal Vanilla *in hand*
    Opens with soft, warm vanilla before toughening up with patchouli and amber. Being a Mancera, performance is guaranteed. A cosy winter scent.
    €13 for 10ml, €24 for 20ml, €34 for 30ml, or €48 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

Cedrat Boise *in hand*
    Mancera's Aventus alternative. Obvious comparisons with the Creed here, but this is a bit thicker and jammier. Cheaper too!
    €12.50 for 10ml, €23 for 20ml, €32.50 for 30ml, or or €49 for 60ml. 60ml portion comes in original 120ml bottle and box.

ROJA PARFUMS
    375x500.57876.jpg

Enigma Parfum Cologne *in hand*
    Shrouded in a swirl of Cognac and Tobacco, a suave figure sits cool and composed at the bar of a private members’ club - where the scent of Woods and Leather pervade. Dressed in a way that defies the club rules, this alluring presence is definitely unexpected. Why is he here? How did he get in? You cannot take your eye off this mysterious man. Warm touches of spice blend with soft Vanilla and Benzoin, which create a sense of ambiguity - nothing is quite what it seems.”. Roja have released several of their most popular scents in a new 'parfum cologne' concentration - these appear to be replacing the current eaux de parfums so presumably are around that strength. Reports on Enigma PC suggest it's a slightly fresher take than the original, and longevity is good. What's for sure though is that it is a LOT cheaper than the shockingly expensive extrait.
    €33 for 7.5ml official glass travel atomiser (boxed). One only! RRP €46+.

BERDOUES
    234722-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Arz E-Rab *in hand*
    A bit of belter from under the radar brand Berdoues. Notes for this list cedar, ginger and iris. I get the first two but not the iris - seems to be a good dash of lemon and pepper in there too. Pushing more towards Spring material here, but for the price this is really very good and a pretty safe wear.
    €12 for 10ml, €22 for 20ml, €31.50 for 30ml, or €42.50 for 50ml. 50ml portion comes in original 100ml bottle and box.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

• Registered Users Posts: 19,015 ✭✭✭✭adox

PM sent Pat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭uncle_sam_ie

Pat could I get 50 ml of Creed Aventus please.

Advertisement