Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Irish Rail Discount Codes [Do not ask for codes!]

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

ballooba wrote: »
    It's quite annoying people bumping this thread to ask if there are new codes when there clearly aren't. The thread has been quite efficient in announcing valid codes when they exist. I'm assuming I'm not the only person who has a subscription to the thread for this very reason.

Agreed, I've altered the title. Please report any requests and they'll be deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

To celebrate Clerys, Dublin grand reopening today, we would like to offer our customers 10% off bookings made on www.irishrail.ie until midnight, just use promo code CLRY2663

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭deiseindublin

I was delighted to see a code and then went to book a Cork - Dublin return at weekend, 10% offer not brilliant really but then saw you are bussed from Thurles to Cork City.

No thanks, direct bus is faster and less than half the price!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I was delighted to see a code and then went to book a Cork - Dublin return at weekend, 10% offer not brilliant really but then saw you are bussed from Thurles to Cork City.

No thanks, direct bus is faster and less than half the price!
    What days are they using the bus and for what reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

Has anyone tried signing up to that Shopper Discounts and rewards thing? It offered me €15 off irishrail.ie but it def sounds a bit scammy

Complete the 3 easy steps below to get your €10 cash back voucher if you sign up for all the cash back rewards of Shopper Discounts and Rewards, a premier online savings service FREE for the next 30 days and only €12 per month thereafter.

Try all the benefits for the next 30 days FREE and see how much you save! There's no obligation to continue. If you are completely satisfied, do nothing and you'll be able to enjoy ongoing savings for only €12 a month and of course you have our Guarantee as described in the Offer and Billing Details! Retailers and discounts are updated often, so visit the Shopper Discounts and Rewards website regularly to get the most out of your membership. You can save up to €300 every month!

I got a pop up offering €15 off my next Irish Rail journey if I join it. Then I got the above very similar offer after an ebay purchase. I'm wondering if you can play this one - sign up for the free trial, book train tickets, cancel the free trial. Don't wanna get burnt though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

It's not a scam, but you have to cancel direct debit before you get charged. ( that's the catch)

crayon80 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried signing up to that Shopper Discounts and rewards thing? It offered me €15 off irishrail.ie but it def sounds a bit scammy

Complete the 3 easy steps below to get your €10 cash back voucher if you sign up for all the cash back rewards of Shopper Discounts and Rewards, a premier online savings service FREE for the next 30 days and only €12 per month thereafter.

Try all the benefits for the next 30 days FREE and see how much you save! There's no obligation to continue. If you are completely satisfied, do nothing and you'll be able to enjoy ongoing savings for only €12 a month and of course you have our Guarantee as described in the Offer and Billing Details! Retailers and discounts are updated often, so visit the Shopper Discounts and Rewards website regularly to get the most out of your membership. You can save up to €300 every month!

I got a pop up offering €15 off my next Irish Rail journey if I join it. Then I got the above very similar offer after an ebay purchase. I'm wondering if you can play this one - sign up for the free trial, book train tickets, cancel the free trial. Don't wanna get burnt though!

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭crayon80

Thanks a mill sharpish, that's what I read it as too but was checking just to be sure! I think I can trust myself to do that alright :D

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,731 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

crayon80 wrote: »
    Thanks a mill sharpish, that's what I read it as too but was checking just to be sure! I think I can trust myself to do that alright :D

I tried them for a month recently. Signed up using a prepaid credit card with almost nothing on it to cover me just in case. Got €15 and €10 back for two train journeys I booked and also bought a couple of Argos vouchers from them (€20 for a €25 voucher). They didn't really have anything else worthwhile for me so I cancelled the day before I would've been charged and that involved a hassle-free two minute call to a 1800 number.

One thing to note though, it's run by Loyaltybuild, the company at the centre of the recent major data-theft cyber-crime so obviously I was well happy I had decided to sign up with my prepaid credit card!!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

10% discount for signing up to an Irish Rail newsletter
    - code won't be released until next week.

From their Facebook page today:
    Sign up to our newsletter to get a 10% discount code next week & be among the first to hear about our competitions & offers http://www.irishrail.ie/newsletter Like & Share so family & friends can Sign up too!!!

Better than nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Peadar06

Iarnród Éireann would like to wish all our customers a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

We thank you for your ongoing patronage and are offering you all 10% off our online fares when you book on www.irishrail.ie before 11am Friday 20th December using promotional code Xmas2718.

Why not book a fanastic few days away with our hotels partner irishrailhotels.ie who have great rates starting at €39 pps per adult with up to 2 kids under 12 staying for free.

Treat your loved ones and book your New Year escape today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

I know your not suppose to ask but no ones posted here yet this year..........any codes going at all anyone?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 665 ✭✭✭philthrill69

I know your not suppose to ask but no ones posted here yet this year..........any codes going at all anyone?
    Bye bye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

They had a €9.99 sale on. No need for codes and a sale really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,012 ✭✭✭stop animal cruelty

either one or the other will do

• Registered Users Posts: 4,486 ✭✭✭Mountjoy Mugger

They had, as in HAD. That sale is now over.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭dellzbellz

Just received the newsletter...

Enjoy 10% off

Book your train ticket online before 3pm tomorrow(Wednesday 19th March) and get 10% off with voucher code NL2725

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

€9.99 promotion back on again, book by 31st May, travel by 30th July

• Registered Users Posts: 2,508 ✭✭✭Lemag

€9.99 promotion back on again, book by 31st May, travel by 30th July
    There are no prices showing up for the june return dates which I've selected. Anyone else experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭Kerry Gooner

Lemag wrote: »
    There are no prices showing up for the june return dates which I've selected. Anyone else experience this?

Also unable to book return trip from Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

Just got this one - valid till midnight tonight

Get 10% off train tickets bought online on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight (Tuesday 3rd June) using voucher code NL2740.

• Advertisement

Get 10% off train tickets bought online on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight (Tuesday 29th July) using voucher code NL2745.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭KingJamsie

Get 10% off train tickets bought online on www.irishrail.ie before midnight tonight (Tuesday 29th July) using voucher code NL2745.

Booked tickets Sunday evening...damn.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Did anyone get it to work? Tried there but no joy!

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭LeNNoX

Eod100, worked fine for me yesterday (used it a few times).

I use Firefox

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Eod100 wrote: »
    Did anyone get it to work? Tried there but no joy!

I think I saw on twitter yesterday that they were having issues with some browsers, might be worth checking and then contacting them to see if they'll let you use it today.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,630 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

LeNNoX wrote: »
    Eod100, worked fine for me yesterday (used it a few times).

I use Firefox
    I think I saw on twitter yesterday that they were having issues with some browsers, might be worth checking and then contacting them to see if they'll let you use it today.

Thanks lads! Ended up avoiding €3 booking and card fee for a €30 train ticket somehow without a code so ended up working out about even!

Yeah - I've noticed the last couple of times I haven't been charged a card fee either.

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Yeah - I've noticed the last couple of times I haven't been charged a card fee either.

I think all booking fees had to be dropped and only the true the transaction cost can be charged, affects all sorts of website across the EU

Christmas Day is just 15 days away and we are offering all our customers 15% off all online bookings before midnight tomorrow 11th December 2014.
    Simply enter promo code XMAS2760 at the end of your transaction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭craggy2

Book by midnight tomorrow, code XMAS2760

Advertisement