Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Saturday/Sunday Wintry Potential

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭kittyn

ECMWF screenshots I took this morning, showing a sleet/snow marginal situation through the midlands overnight. Snowline down to around 100-150 metres. However, the Harmonie says no and ibstead has rain for places like Mullingar (100 m and right in the middle of the blue).

Haven't had much more of a look since but would be surprised to see anything at lowest levels.

Snow for me on those charts whoo .....

• Registered Users Posts: 23,433 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Hailstones. It's a sign.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,023 ✭✭✭Donegal Storm

Overnight snow has all melted but frequent squally hail showers in Letterkenny all day

• Registered Users Posts: 10,054 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Kerry and Limerick

West to northwest winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65km/h and gusts of 90 to 110kmh, strongest in coastal areas.

Valid: Sunday 10 March 2019 04:00 to Sunday 10 March 2019 23:59

Issued: Saturday 09 March 2019 13:00

Updated: Saturday 09 March 2019

AROME signal for widespread sleet and snow across a good part of Leinster first thing tomorrow morning. Clearing to showers through the morning.

3441_ifu0.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Any realtime hints as to the tracking of the low pressure vs what the models are showing for this evening?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Will molls gap be out of bounds tomorrow morning?
    I'm traveling from kenmare to Killarney.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,701 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

not much snow is forecast away from the north-west, very little if anything in the Greater Dublin region.

45-780UK.GIF?09-12

• Registered Users Posts: 41 smurph6

Doing a cycle in Cork city tomorrow morning. Will the weather be ok down here for it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,981 ✭✭✭squarecircles

Status Yellow - Wind warning for Donegal, Galway, Leitrim, Mayo, Sligo, Clare, Kerry and Limerick

West to northwest winds will reach mean speeds of 50 to 65km/h and gusts of 90 to 110kmh, strongest in coastal areas.
    Valid: Sunday 10 March 2019 04:00 to Sunday 10 March 2019 23:59
    Issued: Saturday 09 March 2019 13:00
    Updated: Saturday 09 March 2019 14:05

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,114 ✭✭✭pad199207

Certainly nothing of too much notice for Greater Dublin overnight tonight. Tomorrow is looking raw and bitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Tacklebox

The wind has dropped in Clare, the lake over the road is like a sheet of glass.
    Temperature is not too bad but the sky has that brown snowy tinge about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ha Met Error not willing to take any chances this weekend!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

AROME shows the tell tale signs of big convective gusts moving across the country during tomorrow, would expect loads of big blustery hail and wintry showers.

I think the models especially the ECM showing less lying snow for tomorrow, that doesn't mean driving conditions won't be tricky at times especially under one of those big showers. Indeed they can be the most dangerous as you can happen upon one in a moment as your flying up the motorway and previous years have seen a few pile ups after heavy hail showers.

anim_obn7.gif

anim_lna4.gif

anim_ins6.gif

GEAECzn.png

lHsHTfl.png

wZantRD.png

I4wsesQ.png

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Snow Garden

Amazing hailstones at around 3am last night in Galway. Really heavy and loud. Thunder and lightning as well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 11,803 Mod ✭✭✭✭Meteorite58

The progression of the cold airmass.

Temps staying up above freezing tomorrow night in most places it would seem, the wind helping there. Windchill is another thing though, skinning!

DWdiDLa.png

gNnBlhn.png

cfjGaVu.png

rQswokm.png

arpegeuk-43-24-0_ner9.png

arpegeuk-43-33-0_eut3.png

The EURO 4 's take on the weather tomorrow, similar to the ECM but probably showing more wintry stuff and lying snow I would think tomorrow night , probably more so over higher ground but showing snow on lower ground also.

fKtiCv4.gif

UdiHxS1.gif

This is it's idea of the amount of snow that might fall , not what will be on the ground as a lot of it will melt.

2Ub0IQs.gif

kU5Qdn2.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 33,722 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

5.2C in Kilkenny city at the moment, 3.7C on the nearby hills.

Temperatures as expected continuing to fall.

3.9C now here near Tralee, dropping slowly all day and evening from a high of 10.1C

6.4mm of rain

Breeze picking up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Rain at the moment,persipation needs too increase to get a cooling effect.

• Advertisement

3.9C now here near Tralee, dropping slowly all day and evening from a high of 10.1C

6.4mm of rain

Breeze picking up

Do you think molls gap will be passable tomorrow morning?
    I'm heading back from kenmare!

Latest update on Met Eireann really backs away from anything wintry.

Down to 4.2c here in Kildare. May see some sleet if the fall continues tonight.

Do you think molls gap will be passable tomorrow morning?
    I'm heading back from kenmare!

I myself wouldent chance it. I would go around by Kilgarvan.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,871 ✭✭✭pauldry

pad199207 wrote: »
    Latest update on Met Eireann really backs away from anything wintry.

Thats very bold of them

Might as well go to bed so. You may think its very hard for them to forecast snow but the actual forecast for today changed 4 times in the last week. If theres a strong jet they might as well go on holidays as it totally unpredictable even in realtime as opposed to slightly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

Amazing the respect given to Met Eireann forecasts. Their forecasts change because the editor changes!! If we put all 5 presenters on TV tonight we would ser 5 different forecasts

I have the beer ready just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Amazing the respect given to Met Eireann forecasts. Their forecasts change because the editor changes!! If we put all 5 presenters on TV tonight we would ser 5 different forecasts

What’s your prediction JS?!

What’s your prediction JS?!

Will be a nice 23C with a a plenty count :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,426 ✭✭✭ZX7R

pad199207 wrote: »
    Down to 4.2c here in Kildare. May see some sleet if the fall continues tonight.

Sleet on the windscreen of van maynooth

Advertisement