Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New Dublin Bus Route to feed Luas @ Broombridge

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Driver route training started this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

www.dublinbuses.com states the new route will be the 40E starting next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭madnessnmayhem

I've clicked on the link and it says page cannot be displayed you sure you have the right link?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,907 ✭✭✭Stephen15

http://dublinbuses.com here's the right link I think the OP made the mistake of putting in a www.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Stephen15 wrote: »
    http://dublinbuses.com here's the right link I think the OP made the mistake of putting in a www.

Thanks. I've edited to remove the inactive hyperlink.

• Advertisement

Still having problems accessing the site the site cannot be reached or has moved

Mystery solved for some reason it's not working on my Android I went to a computer and the link work

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

40E, wonder how much of Finglas it will cover en route to LUAS Broombridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

40E, wonder how much of Finglas it will cover en route to LUAS Broombridge.

I really want to see the route and timetable.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,299 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This site works like a joke. It works one day for me & then it falls down the next. What is the problem with it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

This site works like a joke. It works one day for me & then it falls down the next. What is the problem with it?

What is the provenance of that site? It looks like an enthusiast's site - which is cool, but do they have any particular insight into Dublin Bus?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,925 ✭✭✭GM228

devnull wrote: »
    The route hasn't started yet and the last I heard suggested it would be sometime in March.

Still only in discussion and no set date according to the NTA today:-
    6. Start date for new bus service to Luas Broombridge stop

The route for this service remains under discussion with Dublin Bus, and no start date has been confirmed

(From Finglas South combined resident facebook page) New route 40E is due to start a the end of april from information got so far the bus will operate between every 20 to 30 minutes and will have the following route from tyrellstown to cappagh hospital to the church of the annunciation right onto cardiffsbridge road right into deanstown then onto the ratoah road past scribblestown into cabra and into broombridge via the current 120 route . unfortunatly the bus will not serve the finglas area properly as promised which is a major letdown and will only really have the benefit for people going to the luas from cappagh colaiste ide and scribblestown but not to the village or charlestown which is what was needed

(From Finglas South combined resident facebook page) New route 40E is due to start a the end of april from information got so far the bus will operate between every 20 to 30 minutes and will have the following route from tyrellstown to cappagh hospital to the church of the annunciation right onto cardiffsbridge road right into deanstown then onto the ratoah road past scribblestown into cabra and into broombridge via the current 120 route . unfortunatly the bus will not serve the finglas area properly as promised which is a major letdown and will only really have the benefit for people going to the luas from cappagh colaiste ide and scribblestown but not to the village or charlestown which is what was needed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭KD345

unfortunatly the bus will not serve the finglas area properly as promised which is a major letdown and will only really have the benefit for people going to the luas from cappagh colaiste ide and scribblestown but not to the village or charlestown which is what was needed

Finglas Village and Charlestown already have a link to the LUAS Green Line by taking the 140 to Broadstone. The 140 runs at a higher frequency than the 40D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭Technocentral

KD345 wrote:
    Finglas Village and Charlestown already have a link to the LUAS Green Line by taking the 140 to Broadstone. The 140 runs at a higher frequency than the 40D.

Except is Impossible to get on in peak morning times!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭thomasj

Will be interesting to see what the fallback plan is , in the event of antisocial behaviour near the cardiffsbridge road.

So now we're in May, any idea on when new route will start?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭scouserstation

So now we're in May, any idea on when new route will start?

Just recently seen them doing test runs along this route so its still in the pipeline, I would suspect when they announced this route they did not realise just how much was involved with running a bus along the Rathoath road, traffic in the morning times can be horrendous and there is no provision to put in any bus lanes along this route

Perhaps they could end awarding the route to Go-Ahead when they get up and running instead of DB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

Perhaps they could end awarding the route to Go-Ahead when they get up and running instead of DB.

Indeed,you could be on to something here.........:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GUVT1NZtZPo

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

From South Finglas residents fb page (News heard today that new route 40E has been cancelled for he foreseeable future as i find out more i will let you know)

Anyone know any truth in this

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭ax586

From South Finglas residents fb page (News heard today that new route 40E has been cancelled for he foreseeable future as i find out more i will let you know)

Anyone know any truth in this

Apparently it’s the NTA that pulled it not DB

ax586 wrote: »
    Apparently it’s the NTA that pulled it not DB

From Roisin Shortall The NTA Have contacted me to say that they have finally decided the route for the new 40E service that will operate to and from Broombridge Luas Station.

The route will be:

Tyrellstown - West Finglas - Broombridge.

I am still awaiting details of the schedule for this service and when it will commence, as soon as I have these I will make sure to post them here.

Any update on this?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

This route will commence on 7th October 2018.

It will be facilitated by the redeployment of spare Dublin Bus vehicles and Dublin Bus drivers from routes which transfer to Go-Ahead Ireland the same day.

This route will commence on 7th October 2018.

It will be facilitated by the redeployment of spare Dublin Bus vehicles and Dublin Bus drivers from routes which transfer to Go-Ahead Ireland the same day.

How is that meant to work? All the DB routes going to GA on the 7th October are all Donnybrook routes. I assume this bus route is going to be operated by either Phibsboro or Harristown so will Donnybrook drivers have to move.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,582 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

How is that meant to work? All the DB routes going to GA on the 7th October are all Donnybrook routes. I assume this bus route is going to be operated by either Phibsboro or Harristown so will Donnybrook drivers have to move.

From what I have heard there are other changes which will take place that day.

The other changes may well involve Donnybrook running more of the buses on a particular route than they do today, to allow vehicles in Harristown for instance, to be used on services such as the 40E.

From what I have heard there are other changes which will take place that day.

The other changes may well involve Donnybrook running more of the buses on a particular route than they do today, to allow vehicles in Harristown for instance, to be used on services such as the 40E.

Yes apparently all 14s will be going to Donnybrook from Summerhill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭ITV2

the 15 too. date not confirmed.

Advertisement