Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PayPlay.FM in windows media player??

Options
  • 22-04-2007 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭

Noticed yesterday when i opened up WMP that there's a new button at the top of screen, next to Sync, labeled PayPlay.FM

If you click on it an online shop thing pops up in the window... Is this something from Microsoft? Or have i gone and gotten some dodgy plug-in or something???

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,005 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Not alone m8, ive got it too, i find it very annoying it cannot be removed, the ugly pink stands out and is annoying, hopefully someone will have a fix :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭Fabio

It's ugly as ****....!

I suppose there's no way one can chnage it....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

I noticed this too recently, there is a way to remove it go into regedit and delete this key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MediaPlayer\Services\PayPlay.FM

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

And does it come from Windows???

Not sure I understand the question ?

Do you mean where it came from as far as I can tell it's comes with WMP either through an update to WMP or a re-install of the application not totally sure though as usually those stores where limited to North America and the like and not available here.

It's not spyware or anything like that just in case your worried.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I dont have it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

Got it here as well, I spent ages running virus and spyware scans. If ever I needed a reason to start using winamp for my music this was it, what were they thinking?

I's actually normal for WMP in North America they get a link to Urge the MTV music store by default as if you look in that area you can manually add more stores to WMP.

As for our location didn't have any stores or this Pay Play now does offer services in out area is the reason why it probably appears in the partner section.

It was always there in WMP you only see the media guide button is there if no stores are listed, again it's not spyware it just a link to a online store where you can buy music like iTunes,Yahoo, Napster etc.

Also instead of messing with the registry if you click the drop down box button in that area and select media guide it will then remember Media Guide as the preference for that area so that's another way to get rid of the pink icon.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

8T8 wrote:
    Also instead of messing with the registry if you click the drop down box button in that area and select media guide it will then remember Media Guide as the preference for that area so that's another way to get rid of the pink icon.

That worked... Nice one...

Advertisement