Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Flights and 4 nights in Vegas for €353

• 24-01-2018 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Came across this in case anybody looking for a last min holiday deal. There are a few different options, and the hotels are decent.

https://www.expedia.ie/last-minute-deals

Comments

Cheaper and more flexible if booked separately. Flights are €275 at time of posting. Booking hotel separately works out about 10% cheaper. (More dates here.)

Also don't forget resort fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Shout

Just to let you guys know that we got the bargain of the century! Booked the flights and now staying at the Luxor Las Vegas on Super bowl day. On flights and accommodation it cost us 373 each. That boils down to 93 euros for each leg of the journey -dublin-Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Las vegas and cost nada for the hotel. We also did the $20 trick for an upgrade and got that too. My husband is now very impressed with me! Thanks for the deal guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Thegalwayman

Shout wrote: »
    Just to let you guys know that we got the bargain of the century! Booked the flights and now staying at the Luxor Las Vegas on Super bowl day. On flights and accommodation it cost us 373 each. That boils down to 93 euros for each leg of the journey -dublin-Philadelphia and Philadelphia to Las vegas and cost nada for the hotel. We also did the $20 trick for an upgrade and got that too. My husband is now very impressed with me! Thanks for the deal guys!

What type of room were you upgraded to?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭cupthehand1

What's the $20 upgrade trick...........? :confused:

What's the $20 upgrade trick...........? :confused:

http://www.frontdesktip.com/faq/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8 Shout

We got an upgrade from the pyramid rooms which are a bit dated to a room on the ground floor of the East tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Got a flight over Easter for €239. Travelling around to LA, San Diego and Tijuana as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭higster

Was that using Expedia link? Thinking of something similar for mid Nov thurs out mon back but talking guts of €650 each for flights and hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭JDMC2

Hey well done!
    How did it cost ‘nada’ for the hotel?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭nc6000

Does that really work ? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,927 ✭✭✭✭rob316

nc6000 wrote: »

Absolutely. Comping is a huge thing in Vegas hotels, the absolute worse you can be told is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

10 years ago - yes.

Nowadays - rarely.

I was there last year and that’s what most of the yanks/visitors were telling me. One of my mates goes every year to play in the World Series of poker. Never worked for him either.

Have to be lucky.

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    10 years ago - yes.

Nowadays - rarely.

I was there last year and that’s what most of the yanks/visitors were telling me. One of my mates goes every year to play in the World Series of poker. Never worked for him either.

Have to be lucky.

I would imagine a lot of the good rooms are taken during the WSOP and that they would want to keep any remaining good rooms free for tournament winners that feel like splashing the cash that night.

But I agree with you, it definitely works less than it used to. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭jhammer

Generally Irish people don't have the balls to try it. I believe it all depends on the actual availability and the person checking you in but I have heard success rate is dwindling.

Advertisement