Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Kildare GAA General Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Lemlin, why don't you let Kildare worry about our own problems and focus on your own county's issues? Your take on the financial issues is completely ill informed. Kildare's current debt is mainly down to the outlay on the Hawkfield complex - nothing to do with McGeeney, Johnston or any other nonsense you are trying to link it to. The €300,000 from Croke Park is not a loan so it does not have to be repaid. It was an advance on money that was due to be paid to the Kildare County Board later this year. If you're going to have a cut at Kildare you could at least get your facts straight.

I think the day Seanie Johnston pulls on a white shirt will not be a proud day for Kildare football but it's done now and there's no point in continually going over the ins and outs and the rights and wrongs of it. He won't play this year anyway so it's not going to be an issue again until next January or February.

As for the match on Sunday, great to hear Leper is back training after his operation. I can't see him featuring from the start but it would be great if we could get 15-20 mins from him. Only change from the Offaly match I can see happening is Daryl in for Eoin Doyle.

I often do focus on my own county's issues (as you'll see by looking at the Cavan GAA thread) but I was requested to post on this thread by a Kildare user and that is what I am doing.

As I said above, can we park the Johnston issue. I'm commenting on Kildare GAA here and, to be honest, ye all seem to be very touchy regarding the subject when it is questioned. You again have focused on the Johnston issue, despite me asking for it to be left at the door, and ignored the majority of my post and the questions I raised. Again, the bury the head in the sand mentality arises. There's a giant elephant in the room and everyone seems to be ignoring it in Kildare.

Regarding linking the outlay to McGeeney or any other nonsense. I was pointing to an article I read and to numerous comments I have heard regarding the high costs Kildare senior team run up each year. The county is in €286,000 of debt according to an article I've linked below and yet €600,000 is still being spent on the senior team and €750,000 was spent last year. I don't need to attempt to link it to anything because journalists, such as the one in the article I posted, are already doing so. I've also heard it mentioneed by pundits like Joe Brolley and Colm O'Rourke.

I was indeed incorrect in my first post in that I didn't get my head around the repayment plan. I don't claim to be an expert in Kildare GAA and that is why I am asking these questions. The €300,000 is an advance payment but Kildare GAA do owe €286,000 and have to repay it by 2017:

http://www.leinsterleader.ie/sport/gaelic-games/financial-plan-to-rescue-kildare-gaa-unveiled-1-3746715

So, I'll ask again, what are your thoughts on these debts being run up? And, again I'll ask, have Kildare had any recent success at underage level which points towards development for the future? I really don't see why it's seen as negative that I'm asking questions which I thought the general GAA public of Kildare should be asking.

I am a fan of McGeeney and his coaching methods but I do think you have to ask at what expense is he improving Kildare. To me, it looks to be short term and I'd be worried about the future once he leaves.

This is a Kildare GAA thread and I'm discussing Kildare GAA so I fail to see the issue everyone has.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,101 ✭✭✭klairondavis

As I said, the main reason for the debt are the repayments on Hawkfield which I think cost roughly in the region of €4m. That debt should be serviced within the next 5 years and it is a complex that will pay for itself in time. It is an asset that will benefit Kildare GAA for the next 50 years.

The debt and the senior football team are two completely seperate issues. Club Kildare funds a significant proportion of the various county teams' expenses and one of the good things to come out of the recent financial difficulties is that they're to forge a closer relationship with the County Board.

Kildare have definitely been getting their act together at underage level in recent years. They've put a strong development team system in place that was needed for the past 20 years. This was neglected during the Micko years when the whole thing was done on a wing and a prayer. That team relied on the u21 team from 1991/2 with the odd exceptional youngster being introduced in the latter years - Earley, Doyle, Fennin. It is no wonder that the senior team went to pot under Nolan and Crofton because the players were not there from the underage teams of the late 90s.

McGeeney's team is built on the Leinster winning u21 team of 2004 (McLoughlin, Foley, Kavanagh, Flynn, Lynch, O'Neill, O'Connor) and the u21 panel of 2008 that reached the All-Ireland (O'Flaherty, McGrillen, Smith, White). Kildare have had good u21 teams throughout the last decade but the real improvement has been at minor level where we couldn't beat our way out of a paper bag until Brian Murphy took over the reins in 2009. While yet to deliver a provincial title, his teams in recent years have been consistently competitive and are already producing players for the senior team (Padraig Fogarty, Fionnn Dowling, Eoin Doyle). All three have played championship in the last two years with Fogarty making a match winning cameo in the league final. The minor team this year have been impressive so far and face Dublin in a few weeks in the Leinster semi-final.

Colleges football in Kildare is also on the up. The VEC team lost to Cork by a point in the All-Ireland this year. Maynooth, Clane, Patricians of Newbridge and Athy have all had good runs in various colleges competitions in recent years. The Edenderry team that won the Hogan Cup was also largely made up of lads from west Kildare clubs. The NUI Maynooth team that made the Sigerson final this year also had a large Kildare representation (Shane Connolly, Karl O'Brien, Sean Hurley, Tommy Moolick, Shaun Fahey). The Kildare juniors were in the All-Ireland final last year only losing out to Cork after extra time and they face your own county in the Leinster Final on Wednesday evening. I think it is fair to say that Kildare football is in a far healthier state than it was 10 years ago and with migration trends and a young population the potential is there to progress further in the next ten years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

^^ Brilliant post!

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭To Alcohol

Yep. Top post. Talk about being on the ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭splashthecash

+ 1 - klairondavis dead on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

if Kildare County are 300,000 in debt (as opposed to that figure as a yearly defecit on the current account to cover for player expenses etc) then its not actually such a big deal considering they have the cashflow to cover repayments and can scale back on team expenses if needs be. And should they progress they'll have a few paydays in croke park to ease the burdon.

To put it in perspective, Mullaghoran Club in Cavan were 1.2 million in debt the last it was reported.
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/local/mullahoran-gaa-confident-about-payment-of-debts-1-1957167 which is a far more serious situation !

As I said, the main reason for the debt are the repayments on Hawkfield which I think cost roughly in the region of €4m. That debt should be serviced within the next 5 years and it is a complex that will pay for itself in time. It is an asset that will benefit Kildare GAA for the next 50 years.

The debt and the senior football team are two completely seperate issues. Club Kildare funds a significant proportion of the various county teams' expenses and one of the good things to come out of the recent financial difficulties is that they're to forge a closer relationship with the County Board.

Kildare have definitely been getting their act together at underage level in recent years. They've put a strong development team system in place that was needed for the past 20 years. This was neglected during the Micko years when the whole thing was done on a wing and a prayer. That team relied on the u21 team from 1991/2 with the odd exceptional youngster being introduced in the latter years - Earley, Doyle, Fennin. It is no wonder that the senior team went to pot under Nolan and Crofton because the players were not there from the underage teams of the late 90s.

McGeeney's team is built on the Leinster winning u21 team of 2004 (McLoughlin, Foley, Kavanagh, Flynn, Lynch, O'Neill, O'Connor) and the u21 panel of 2008 that reached the All-Ireland (O'Flaherty, McGrillen, Smith, White). Kildare have had good u21 teams throughout the last decade but the real improvement has been at minor level where we couldn't beat our way out of a paper bag until Brian Murphy took over the reins in 2009. While yet to deliver a provincial title, his teams in recent years have been consistently competitive and are already producing players for the senior team (Padraig Fogarty, Fionnn Dowling, Eoin Doyle). All three have played championship in the last two years with Fogarty making a match winning cameo in the league final. The minor team this year have been impressive so far and face Dublin in a few weeks in the Leinster semi-final.

Colleges football in Kildare is also on the up. The VEC team lost to Cork by a point in the All-Ireland this year. Maynooth, Clane, Patricians of Newbridge and Athy have all had good runs in various colleges competitions in recent years. The Edenderry team that won the Hogan Cup was also largely made up of lads from west Kildare clubs. The NUI Maynooth team that made the Sigerson final this year also had a large Kildare representation (Shane Connolly, Karl O'Brien, Sean Hurley, Tommy Moolick, Shaun Fahey). The Kildare juniors were in the All-Ireland final last year only losing out to Cork after extra time and they face your own county in the Leinster Final on Wednesday evening. I think it is fair to say that Kildare football is in a far healthier state than it was 10 years ago and with migration trends and a young population the potential is there to progress further in the next ten years.

Many thanks for the reply because its exactly what I was looking for. I've heard this argument a number of times mentioned on the Sunday Game and other shows by pundits in relation to KIldare and their debt. I was not aware of the development of the Hawkfield complex. One question I would still have is why wasn't this money put into an actual stadium? Hawkfield is a development complex from what I see.

Kildare's best pitch is Newbridge and I really think that playing a huge amount of games in Croke Park, particularly in the past, has been to the detriment of other provincial pitches in Leinster. The fact that plans are afoot to replace Parnell Park with another pitch in Dublin has to be annoying for other counties. I know when Meath people came down to Breffni Park last year they couldn't believe that their county ground was Pairc Tailteann.

In relation to the underage teams, I'm hopeful of the same for Cavan. We've had a number of players involved in winning Sigerson Cup teams in the past (Ronan Flanagan, Michael Lyng, Sean Johnston, Raymond Cullivan, Paddy Brady, John Tierney, Jack Brady) but it hasn't carried through to the senior teams to be honest. I'd be more hopeful with the secondary school teams. Virginia College in Virginia won two All-Irelands back about 5 years ago and a number of the successful Cavan U21 panel, now moving up to senior level, were part of these teams including the likes of Eugene Keating, Jack Brady, Fergal Flanagan, Damien Barkey and James McEnroe. Population is also a huge factor as you say. Kildare's population doubled in the 90s and early 2000s and now stands at 209,000. That can only help ye when it comes to fielding a top team.

That said, and it is my own opinion, I still don't think Kildare deserve to be counted as 4th favourites for the All-Ireland. I do think that Kerry, Cork and Tyrone have slipped backwards but I would rate Donegal above KIldare to be honest and I'd also argue that Mayo could give Kildare a run for their money. In five years Kildare have not beaten one of the top teams. I expect them to dispose of Meath easily enough this weekend but Dublin will be the real test in the final. Twice in recent years Kildare haven't been able to cope with Dublin until they were reduced to 14 men. It's unfortunate for Kildare that this team peaked around the time when Dublin did. A few years back when Leinster was weak ye could have had a number of Leinster titles.

if Kildare County are 300,000 in debt (as opposed to that figure as a yearly defecit on the current account to cover for player expenses etc) then its not actually such a big deal considering they have the cashflow to cover repayments and can scale back on team expenses if needs be. And should they progress they'll have a few paydays in croke park to ease the burdon.

To put it in perspective, Mullaghoran Club in Cavan were 1.2 million in debt the last it was reported.
    http://www.longfordleader.ie/news/local/mullahoran-gaa-confident-about-payment-of-debts-1-1957167 which is a far more serious situation !

Mullahoran are suffering on the pitch because of that debt also, although we'll leave that one for the Cavan discussion thread.

There are a number of clubs around the country who took out large loans in the "boom". I know of one in Meath which owes 2 to 3 million and is in serious bother.

To be honest though, I've heard mention of the Kildare debt alot by pundits and that is why it intrigued me. Joe Brolley and Colm O'Rourke both made mention of it last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,205 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

He are Donegal a better side than Kildare? They could only manage a six point win over a poor Cavan side hardly world beaters

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

He are Donegal a better side than Kildare? They could only manage a six point win over a poor Cavan side hardly world beaters
    Personally, I think Donegal are just ahead of Kildare in the pecking order at the moment but we won't really know where every county stands until the beginning of August.

Poor old Seanie faces a dilemma tonight as to who he should support!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

It's pretty close. With full squads at a neutral venue I'd have Kildare slight favourites but wouldn't be backing them -1.

Well, for a start, the two teams met last year and Donegal won.

Secondly, Donegal were in Division 1 this year of the league and are a Division 1 team. Kildare are next year but weren't this year.

Donegal won a very tough province in Ulster last year, beating Tyrone along the way, and look like they could repeat the feat this year.

Donegal gave Dublin a tougher match last year than Kildare have in two attempts. As I've said previously, Kildare only look like matching the Dubs when they are reduced to 14 players.

I saw both teams play last year. Donegal against Cavan and Meath against Kildare. I realise you could argue that Donegal had easier opposition but Kildare did not look a top team against Meath. I found them rather ordinary to be honest. Good players, working effortlessly, but Johnny Doyle was the only player who looked top class that day I thought.

I rate the Donegal team and I don't criticise them for playing in a system which suits them. As well as their system which makes them difficult for any team to play, they have outstanding players. Players like Murphy, McFadden, McGee, Gallagher and McBrearty are top players.

In regards to the Cavan game, Donegal never moved out of first gear against Cavan. They never had to. After getting the goal and going six points up, they comfortably stayed within that margin for the rest of the game. Look at the hiding that they gave a good Derry team a few weeks later.

Other than on the basis that Donegal didn't bother troubling themselves with giving Cavan a hiding, in what regard would you rate Kildare as better than Donegal?

dcr22B wrote: »
    Personally, I think Donegal are just ahead of Kildare in the pecking order at the moment but we won't really know where every county stands until the beginning of August.

Poor old Seanie faces a dilemma tonight as to who he should support!

He's a Kildare player so will be supporting Kildare.

I expect Kildare to win. Gave Cavan a good hiding at this stage of the competition last year and Cavan don't look as good as last year's team.

Lemlin wrote: »
    Well, for a start, the two teams met last year and Donegal won.

Secondly, Donegal were in Division 1 this year of the league and are a Division 1 team. Kildare are now but weren't this year.

Donegal won a very tough province in Ulster last year, beating Tyrone along the way, and look like they could repeat the feat this year.

I rate the Donegal team and I don't criticise them for playing in a system which suits them. As well as their system which makes them difficult for any team to play, they have outstanding players. Players like Murphy, McFadden, McGee, Gallagher and McBrearty are top players.

In regards to the Cavan game, Donegal never moved out of first gear against Cavan. They never had to. After getting the goal and going six points up, they comfortably stayed within that margin for the rest of the game. Look at the hiding that they gave a good Derry team a few weeks later.
    Donegal are no doubt a fine side with some great players but tbh I think Kildare would beat them in a close game I imagine..

To be fair ulster is generally one of the tougher provinces but is it as strong as it has been over last ten years or so?

Donegal are no doubt a fine side with some great players but tbh I think Kildare would beat them in a close game I imagine..

To be fair ulster is generally one of the tougher provinces but is it as strong as it has been over last ten years or so?

But can I ask what is your basis for your assertion that Kildare would beat them? I've given multiple reasons above as to why I feel Donegal would so your response is rather sparse to be honest.

No, it isn't as strong. Tyrone and Armagh have both gone backwards. However, Ulster was the only province with 3 teams in Division 1 of the league this year. That was followed with three in Division 2. So 66% of the teams in Ulster are in the upper echelons of the Football League. I don't think too many other provinces can say that.

Many thanks for the reply because its exactly what I was looking for. I've heard this argument a number of times mentioned on the Sunday Game and other shows by pundits in relation to KIldare and their debt. I was not aware of the development of the Hawkfield complex. One question I would still have is why wasn't this money put into an actual stadium? Hawkfield is a development complex from what I see.

Kildare's best pitch is Newbridge and I really think that playing a huge amount of games in Croke Park, particularly in the past, has been to the detriment of other provincial pitches in Leinster. The fact that plans are afoot to replace Parnell Park with another pitch in Dublin has to be annoying for other counties. I know when Meath people came down to Breffni Park last year they couldn't believe that their county ground was Pairc Tailteann.

There were plans for a new stadium on the outskirts of Newbridge but that was to be funded by the sale of St Conleth's Park for development. That obviously hit the rocks with the property crash in 2007/2008. Newbridge is a complete dump but it still serves it's purpose for league and club games. Most Leinster Championship games take place either in Portlaoise or Croke Park so pumping millions we don't have into a redeveloped or new stadium that would only be filled possibly only once or twice a year would be quite an unwise move. It's debatable whether St Conleth's could be redeveloped anyway because of the space constraints with it being smack bang in the middle of the town.

Hawkfield on the other hand is a fabulous asset that benefits all Kildare inter-county teams. It would have been great had both projects been completed but the county board clearly made the right choice.

Also the Leinster Council and Croke Park seem determined to build another 30,000ish ground on the outskirts of Dublin in the medium term. As a result, it is highly unlikely that Kildare or Meath would get much, if any, financial assistance to redevelop their own stadia. There was speculation a few months ago that any new stadium around the M50 would serve as a home ground for Kildare, Meath, Wicklow and Louth! :eek:

Which player's nickname is Chalky?

But can I ask what is your basis for your assertion that Kildare would beat them? I've given multiple reasons above as to why I feel Donegal would so your response is rather sparse to be honest.

No, it isn't as strong. Tyrone and Armagh have both gone backwards. However, Ulster was the only province with 3 teams in Division 1 of the league this year. That was followed with three in Division 2. So 66% of the teams in Ulster are in the upper echelons of the Football League. I don't think too many other provinces can say that.

There was nothing between Kildare and Donegal last year. We played them in both league and championship and both games finished in a draw after 70 mins. I've no doubt that Donegal have progressed since last year but they have lost a super footballer in Kevin Cassidy while Kildare have welcomed back two former All Stars in Peter Kelly and Dermot Earley along with Mikey Conway who is now finally back to full fitness after three years. If they were to meet again tomorrow I doubt the bookies would be offering anymore than a 1 point handicap to either team.

From a Kildare point of view the 1/4 final last year still stings. Leaving aside Tomás's goal legitimate goal that was ruled out which would have left Donegal with a mountain to climb, I think the fact that it was Kildare's fourth game in successive weeks that ultimately told in the end. Kildare were running on fumes in extra time whereas Donegal were fresher and had a little bit left in the tank. Obviously Kildare have only ourselves to blame for ending up having to go the backdoor route but I don't think we have any reason to fear Donegal were we to meet them later this year.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Which player's nickname is Chalky?

Gary White

• Advertisement

There was nothing between Kildare and Donegal last year. We played them in both league and championship and both games finished in a draw after 70 mins. I've no doubt that Donegal have progressed since last year but they have lost a super footballer in Kevin Cassidy while Kildare have welcomed back two former All Stars in Peter Kelly and Dermot Earley along with Mikey Conway who is now finally back to full fitness after three years. If they were to meet again tomorrow I doubt the bookies would be offering anymore than a 1 point handicap to either team.

From a Kildare point of view the 1/4 final last year still stings. Leaving aside Tomás's goal legitimate goal that was ruled out which would have left Donegal with a mountain to climb, I think the fact that it was Kildare's fourth game in successive weeks that ultimately told in the end. Kildare were running on fumes in extra time whereas Donegal were fresher and had a little bit left in the tank. Obviously Kildare have only ourselves to blame for ending up having to go the backdoor route but I don't think we have any reason to fear Donegal were we to meet them later this year.

Many thanks for the educated response but I was pushing Dark-Knight because he generally tends to give the opposite :D

I'd agree totally. There is very little between the two sides but, as per the reasons given above, I'd fancy Donegal to shade it.

It could go either way though as you say.

Kildare's panel this year is amazing. On top of a very good team they've named for this weekend they've got Daryl Flynn, Hugh Lynch, Dermot Earley, Leper, Alan Smith, Gary White, Ronan Sweeney and even potentially Sean Johnston.

From last year's team, that let's not forget were very hard done by referee-wise at vital stages, they're able to bring back Peter Kelly who is an amazing defender along with adding back in Hugh Lynch thus freeing John Doyle into a forward line that was at times leaderless. Mikey Conway is looking like a real re-emerging talent for them and Padraig O'Neill has improved a fair bit as well.

Donegal also seem to have improved although their performances in the league make me cautious of saying by exactly how much, but their panel remains fairly limited outside a great first fifteen and they've lost a defender as good as Kildare have gained by having Kelly back in Kevin Cassidy.

Kildare were the better team in the QF last year for much of the game, and with what's looking like a much stronger panel this year I think they're still stronger than a Donegal team that has also improved.

Many thanks for the educated response but I was pushing Dark-Knight because he generally tends to give the opposite :D

I'd agree totally. There is very little between the two sides but, as per the reasons given above, I'd fancy Donegal to shade it.

It could go either way though as you say.

You have some cheek trying to insult me like this!!!

Your so full of **** lemlin every year to pick a county to try wind up its normally Dublin from years past and now u choose Kildare why don't you crawl back under your bridge you twoll oops sorry troll :D

Also the reason I generally don't elaborate here is I use an iPhone not a pc or laptop and I find it a pain in the ass to type on it but sure you coming from CIIAAAVAAAN must be über intelligent eh??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭lilywhites28

Good article and good points made by Darragh O' Se in relation to Seanie Johnston.
    http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/sport/2012/0627/1224318804363.html

• Registered Users Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Just on a related note .. the end piece regarding the standard of refereeing was also interesting. I find matches refereed by both Marty & Michael quite frustrating to watch .. to put it mildly ..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭celt262

Double post from my iphone :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,368 ✭✭✭celt262

Also the reason I generally don't elaborate here is I use an iPhone not a pc or laptop and I find it a pain in the ass to type on it but sure you coming from CIIAAAVAAAN must be über intelligent eh??

How is any of that relevant to the thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,697 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Team to play against meath has been announced. Would worry about midfield -

1. Shane Connolly St. Laurence’s

2. Hugh McGrillen Celbridge

3. Michael Foley Athy

4. Peter Kelly Two Mile House

5. Eoin Doyle Naas

6. Morgan O’Flaherty Carbury

7. Ollie Lyons Celbridge

8. Emmet Bolton Eadestown

9. Robert Kelly Straffan

10. James Kavanagh Ballymore

11. Mikey Conway Nurney

12. Padraig O’Neill St. Laurence’s

13. John Doyle Allenwood

14. Tomás O’Connor Clane

15. Eoghan O’Flaherty Carbury

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,383 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

Also the Leinster Council and Croke Park seem determined to build another 30,000ish ground on the outskirts of Dublin in the medium term. As a result, it is highly unlikely that Kildare or Meath would get much, if any, financial assistance to redevelop their own stadia. There was speculation a few months ago that any new stadium around the M50 would serve as a home ground for Kildare, Meath, Wicklow and Louth! :eek:
    I think this plan is one of the reasons that the GAA has cut the maximum attendance of both St. Conleth's and Páirc Tailteann. Amazingly, PT's official capacity is only 10000 now, despite 20000 easily fitting into it in the Meath - Kildare game last year and it's capacity being 30000 at the start of 2011. Apparently the grass banks at both ends are too dangerous and have been closed off this year :rolleyes: Meanwhile, Walsh Park in Waterford has grass banks surrounding three sides of the pitch which were fully open to the public this year in the NHL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,820 ✭✭✭munchkin_utd

I think this plan is one of the reasons that the GAA has cut the maximum attendance of both St. Conleth's and Páirc Tailteann. Amazingly, PT's official capacity is only 10000 now, despite 20000 easily fitting into it in the Meath - Kildare game last year and it's capacity being 30000 at the start of 2011. Apparently the grass banks at both ends are too dangerous and have been closed off this year :rolleyes: Meanwhile, Walsh Park in Waterford has grass banks surrounding three sides of the pitch which were fully open to the public this year in the NHL.
    actually, it wasnt "the GAA" who came to the conclusions but rather "Dublin consultancy firm Michael Slattery & Associates, a fire safety engineering firm."
    http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/navan/articles/2011/11/23/4007850-serious-safety-issues-revealed-by-audit-at-pairc-tailteann/

the problem with getting in outside people who know what they are talking about is that they might do their job and point out uncomfortable truths!

Advertisement