Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Finn "Prince Devitt" Bálor Thread (Raw Spoilers ahoy!)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,636 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

To be honest to him he has always been ripped but now that he is hitting the gyms he is getting a bit bigger and how ripped he is stands out way more on a big dude.

They used to be hitting the bars everynight when on the road but these days it's more youtube/podcast channels, gaming or gymming it up wrestlers spend their time with. He had to leave his legos in florida and needs something to replace it, the gym it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

It's a shame as I thought he had one of the best physiques in the place as he was. It's weird as I would of thought maintaining such a physique would have been harder than pumping weights for hours a day. Not that I'm disrespecting pumping weights or the work that goes into it, but Finn had the type of body that would have demanded discipline in a lot of aspects of his life.

Based on the pic Loughc posted he's looking more generic now (by WWE standards).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

To be honest to him he has always been ripped but now that he is hitting the gyms he is getting a bit bigger and how ripped he is stands out way more on a big dude.

They used to be hitting the bars everynight when on the road but these days it's more youtube/podcast channels, gaming or gymming it up wrestlers spend their time with. He had to leave his legos in florida and needs something to replace it, the gym it is.

Given he apparently has Cathy as well I can think of other ways of passing the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,278 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pentecost wrote: »
    Given he apparently has Cathy as well I can think of other ways of passing the time.

She doesn't go on the road so releasing all the pent up stuff in the gym :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

She doesn't go on the road so releasing all the pent up stuff in the gym :pac:

That sounds messy

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Finn is not that big. Ripped but not a big guy at all.

He had a bigger frame back in New Japan, when he went to heavyweight, than in his WWE run.

That Finn pic is also not him in his pasty white skin tone, the wee bit of colour pops everything. He probably been out in the sun.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,994 ✭✭✭Shapey Fiend

I know feck all about this kind of thing but I think the Japanese style is to just do exercise without much equipment. Do 200 bajillion squats and pressups then call it a day. He's probably getting into doing weights now which would give you a different look. Presume the WWE docs are throwing any sort of borderline legal performance enhancers at them like sweets as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

100% achievable naturally, especially if it's your job to be in shape. (And if your boss highly values that aspect!)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Roman and seth seem to enjoy finn anyway

https://twitter.com/botchedmoves/status/972978171552333824?s=19

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Honestly think he looked more jacked in New Japan, back when he moved to heavyweight. Looking back on some of thefootage and pics back with Bad Luck Fale and when he was the real rock n rolla anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

i wish my body looked a 10th that good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Thank god for the man or woman who thought finn how to style himself

https://twitter.com/ZaQ5322/status/976950216350994432?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 84,901 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

sky88 wrote: »

Looks like someone Lulu Walsh would put in a boyband on Your A Star in the 00s :p

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Looks like someone Lulu Walsh would put in a boyband on Your A Star in the 00s :p

More like an extra out of a irish panto production of Guys and Dolls

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sky88 wrote: »

Its more like when you get invited to your first underage party when you were like 14

Back full time to NXT, help ratings, a good move, less money or more?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,073 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

I'd love to see Finn win the rumble and fight The Fiend at wrestlemania next year Demon Vs Fiend inferno main event

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

Same downside, assume he'll be doing European, Asian and Australian tours too. I'd hope he got some incentive to move other than less house shows but strikes me as the type who'd be happy to not have to do as much of the manic travel for more time at home with the new wife!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,170 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Total ratings move to help squash AEW. Debuts just after the first match as AEW has their debut show too. Totally trying to keep/grab viewers to their NXT product.

As for the same or more money? It's no secret that you make money on house shows in WWE. Selling merch etc. So if he is in NXT full time he won't have the same house show money. But WWE would reward him in some other way. As he is Finn Balor, not joe jobber told to go back down to NXT.

My predictions is he is in for a big money run after he leaves NXT. Probably some big mania match.

Looks like Edge wants a match with Finn and vice versa, when is Edge due back in ring? Could it happen?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,437 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Looks like Edge wants a match with Finn and vice versa, when is Edge due back in ring? Could it happen?

I'd be all for that. I don't know when he's back but edge had surgery not long after he tore his tricep. Of course it could happen. I think edge has enough pull in WWE to get whatever match he wants.

Finn Balor is once again a WWE SmackDown Superstar.

WWE has officially moved Balor to the SmackDown roster following last night’s return during the live SmackDown from the Toyota Center in Houston.

What's his contract deal with WWE, he is wasted on Raw

I'd say he is very happy in the WWE where ever they want to use him in the mid/lower card role and go out do the job and rake in the money from all those action figures and wait for them to release him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He's a shoo in for AEW at some stage if he's interested in going there. He's the type of guy Tony Khan loves to sign, and he would shine in a more wrestling based environment. Hard to know what his contract situation is, he may have signed a new one for his second stint on the main roster. If that was a 3 year deal it could be up later this year.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Only reported today Vince says he doesn’t sell on terms of box office or merchandise and he will no longer push him. He’s there to get over Vince’s flavour of the month.

They also won’t want him to go to AEW but how they could possibly get him to resign is beyond me.

A reported guaranteed basic salary of $850k a year and he spent the last couple of years working on that salary down in NXT that's is some coin he was raking in with no traveling in those two years.

Roll out of bed and head to the performance centre train all day and and do TV once a week from there.

Probably hitting the million a year mark when Merch Sales, Video Games Sales ,TV and PPV Premium Live Events even the NXT ones come into play not bad for working part time for 2 and a bit years down there.

Edit Just saw his Mrs got fired by Fox Sports last Decemeber so he might be very happy to do a Nakamura keep the head down and do what Vince wants and make good money.

Post edited by Agent Coulson on

Who are the big merc sellers, Roman and New Day?

It is a shame Vince does not see potential in Finn only as a jobber

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Hes a grand in ring performer, but he does nothing others in AEW do better than him. Hes plenty of physical charsima but vocally hes a black hole. Dont think AEW needs him with their already bloated roster, esp with the likes of Keith Lee, Johnny Gargano and Shane Strickland available too, who would have a bigger upside than Finn.

Hes best of staying in WWE financially.

Advertisement