Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Quad topper

• 23-04-2020 11:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I have a mad idea in my head of buying a quad-drawn topper for my smallholding (c. 30 acres).

Any suggestions/recommendations/opinions on the type I should go for?

Thanks in advance and stay safe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Grow up

Do you really need a quad topper? They can be very expensive and a 3 point linkage one can be got for less than 500 euro. Quad toppers are running €2,000 and up!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Is it a need or a want for one :D We have one & it only gets used a few times a year. Can be hard on petrol too. And the engine makes them quite heavy so you're also liable to sink in soft areas that the quad can go through easily, so you're bogged before you know it.
    Not saying not to buy one but looking back it was probably an impulse buy for us, as the tractor topper is used FAR more often & was less than half the price.

If you're in the market for a topper, might be easier to see if anyone does it in the locality, or see if anyone has a quad topper in the locality. That's pretty much the majority of what ours is used for, other peoples land :o

(Our tractor topper is a malone, can't fault it. Quad one has no brand on it but think we bought off this guy & that's the same one in pic, except ours is yellow)
    https://www.donedeal.ie/mowers-for-sale/quad-mowers-toppers-/22861632?campaign=14

Advertisement