Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭triggermortis

Pink Boards jersey spotted around 10.50am this morning close to Blakes Cross. I was in a car and the mrs was driving so couldn't beep.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Not a Jersey sighting, but I did bump into (not literally) Mercian pro on the commute this morning. Lovely chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,272 ✭✭✭Mercian Pro

droidus wrote: »
    Not a Jersey sighting, but I did bump into (not literally) Mercian pro on the commute this morning. Lovely chap.

Good talking to you too droidus. Your cool bike really caught my eye. The combination of the Alfine hub, belt drive and disk brakes looks quite minimalist without going to the extreme of a fixie. Seems like a great combination for a commuter bike.

Couldn't wear cycling gear as I was on an exam board in UCD. Not sure if all the candidates would agree with your last comment 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭droidus

Yeah, it is (IMO) the perfect commuter bike, and yet there you are on a beat up cannondale and 140km in your legs leaving me in the dust after every light!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,467 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Wishbone Ash this evening as I was selling him another Boards top!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,026 ✭✭✭✭neris

ZZ top look a like in pink & green jersey under a yellow gilet yesterday at Sutton Cross about 2:30

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Dipsomaniac

Pink Jersey on Ballyboden road around 8ish this morning

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Seen a pink/black jersey crossing the N11 near Stillorgan yesterday evening, on what looked like the most comfy commuter bike in history

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

^^
    Both could have been me. MTB shorts & single pannier?

And it's a pretty comfy commuter alright, that's my tank.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,339 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

seamus wrote: »
    ^^
    Both could have been me. MTB shorts & single pannier?

And it's a pretty comfy commuter alright, that's my tank.

Yep, silver mudguards and MTB shorts. I waved and then thought, that person doesn't know me, better stop. I also look creepy when I wave as its done with too much enthusiasm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

At about 11.30am this morning, I gave a shout out to a Boardsie on the Garristown- Naul road. I was heading towards Naul.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

Not a jersey spotting but I ran into lennymc on his lovely new Cannondale at the Coombes Connor Memorial on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,937 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Eamonnator wrote: »
    At about 11.30am this morning, I gave a shout out to a Boardsie on the Garristown- Naul road. I was heading towards Naul.
    That was some shout - I'd say the loudest I've ever had! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

That was some shout - I'd say the loudest I've ever had! :D

Years of practice!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Top of old long hill this morning. I couldn't wave, I was too busy winning the Shay Elliott coffee sprint!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 2,130 ✭✭✭wanderer 22

Plastik wrote: »
    Top of old long hill this morning. I couldn't wave, I was too busy winning the Shay Elliott coffee sprint!!

Possibly me, black and pink jersey,red shoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,961 ✭✭✭Plastik

Yeah, the black and pink jersey.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm almost certain I saw a boardsie on the Clontarf/Howth cycle track up around Baldoyle at 5:15pm yesteray. They were heading southbound, as I was heading north.

I'm almost certain I saw a boardsie on the Clontarf/Howth cycle track up around Baldoyle at 5:15pm yesteray. They were heading southbound, as I was heading north.

My Strava tells me it was Wishbone Ash (which is always likely anyway)

Yes, that was myself. Another cyclist overtook me very closely which startled me a bit just as you shouted.

(Someone gave me a shout just a few minutes before that - possibly cdaly?)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭cdaly_

Yes, that was myself. Another cyclist overtook me very closely which startled me a bit just as you shouted.

(Someone gave me a shout just a few minutes before that - possibly cdaly?)

I gave you a shout when we had (unaccountably) stopped at the Wooden Bridge traffic light...

150 cyclists needed as extras for 1998 Tour de France movie in Dublin - I'll throw my chapeau in the ring anyway

http://www.stickybottle.com/latest-news/movie-tour-de-france-dublin-1998/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 47,994 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i am curious about how anal they'll be about people turning up on period-specific bikes. and if they'll be doling out team kit to the extras, who presumably would want to keep them.

It says they are provided (bikes and gear)

Weepsie wrote: »
    It says they are provided (bikes and gear)
    To Keep? :D

Aged 18 - 40!!

That's me out. :(

Oh, eh - sorry, wrong thread!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

colm18 wrote: »
    Oh, eh - sorry, wrong thread!

Would've been a good trick if you managed to get into the movie in Boards kit :)

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

no boards.ie gear but did meet CDALY at the start of the REK 400 Sat morning
    (the sandals were a giveaway:)).

we started with hail showers on the way to Enniskerry and even on the Shay. i hope the feet weren't too cold...
    i was fozen at the end...-3.1C going through Roundwood at 2-3am
    well thats summer cycling;) in Ireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,263 ✭✭✭robyntmorton

N11 at Stillorgan Park Hotel about 5 today - Boardsie shorts (wasnt staring at your ass - honest!) And white helmet, moving at a fair pace.

Couldn't call out without scaring the hell out of everyone on the 155!

Advertisement