Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas out of season 2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

otnomart wrote: »
    'Christmas in June' at Leopardstown Racecourse.
    Is anyone going ?
    If Yes, please report back !
    https://www.buzz.ie/entertainment/christmas-movie-drive-cinema-experience-coming-dublin-next-month-326232

So, did anyone go ?
    How was it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

TRS30 wrote: »
    That is serious amount of time for tinsel to last! Guess they made things better back then :)

The only decoration I have older than that, is a Christmas log that you put a candle in, that I made when I was in primary school and my Dad kept and gave to me when I moved into my first house.

In spite of all my moves, including leaving the Uk fr Ireland I still have a pretty artificial greenery and ribbon hanging ball decoration. Very well made and realistic

I bought it in Woolworths in Kirkwall, Orkney in... 1992 .. Still as good as it ever was and it brings me comfort in many ways .

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I saw a sign for Christmas trees today, it was in an empty lot. :) Either they're reeeeaaaally planning ahead, or they're a tad late.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

Saw this when away and had to take a pic

5D67A633-81A7-479E-AE30-FE6187769A7F.jpeg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,033 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Lying by the pool in sunny corralejo in Fuerteventura and 'when a child is born' is played over the hotel sound system... did not expect that!!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    Lying by the pool in sunny corralejo in Fuerteventura and 'when a child is born' is played over the hotel sound system... did not expect that!!

Ha ha this reminds me about a week ago I was flicking through the music channels and one of them was showing the "greatest power ballads of all time" and on came Frankie Goes to Hollywood- The Power of Love.
    I thought it was so random for the last week in June :)

Ha ha this reminds me about a week ago I was flicking through the music channels and one of them was showing the "greatest power ballads of all time" and on came Frankie Goes to Hollywood- The Power of Love.
    I thought it was so random for the last week in June :)

Serious power ballads that. Might be known to bang that out in the car :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Hi Christmas peeps!

I’m looking at #christmasinjuly on Instagram and there’s some great pics of people (mostly in Australia) with their Christmas trees up, at Christmas parties wearing Christmas jumpers, with Christmas lights in the street and there’s even an ice rink in an Aussie town with people skating on it! :D

Wife was on Ali’s express last night and bought a Christmas out fit with ‘1st Christmas’ for youngest elf and matching pjs for all 5 of us :D

Watching top of the pops from 1987 last night and it finished up with fairytale of New York in the TOTP studio. Shane McGowan was so out of it his lip synching was unbelievably bad, not that he'd have cared LOL.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

DvB wrote: »
    Watching top of the pops from 1987 last night and it finished up with fairytale of New York in the TOTP studio. Shane McGowan was so out of it his lip synching was unbelievably bad, not that he'd have cared LOL.

Ha ha, saw that alright. One of the music channels had on the Top Ten songs of 2003 the other night and at number ten was The Darkness - Christmas Time.
    Don't know whats going on but I seem to be clicking onto Christmas songs a lot lately :)

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Movies 24 channel is showing Christmas Movies weekdays from 11:00am in July.

Just had a look at yesterday’s showings and they had movies on from 11 until evening

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

Original Miracle on 34th street on film 4 now.

Sitting watching Christmas Paw Patrol DVD with Elf no 2. Family bonding at it finest haha

My wife got the email from work with their christmas work party details...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Oooh, nearly work Christmas party planning time! :D

Die hard 2 on e4 at 9pm. For those that consider the first 2 die hard movies as christmas films.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭otnomart

A pub in Bristol claims to have become the first in Britain to put up its Christmas tree

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/christmas/pub-christmas-tree-summer-heatwave-bristol-uk-weather-a9017361.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

When I was in Rome last week there were quite a few bar's which had garland and lights around their entrance, I think it was laziness but still counts.

Definitely counts! We take what we can get here. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 11,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

I spotted a parked bicycle yesterday with tinsel on the spokes of the front wheel, pink and silver :D

miamee wrote: »
    I spotted a parked bicycle yesterday with tinsel on the spokes of the front wheel, pink and silver :D

Great spot and also very inventive way to celebrate the festive season.

Last 'non-Christmassy' Rudolph day tomorrow!

By the next one, the BT Christmas shop will be open, then it's the BER months and we're into the home stretch. :)

I'm wearing my socks that have cactuseses cacti on them wearing santa hats. Think that's a good mix of festive and heatwave. :pac:

Ah no, missed rudolph day AGAIN!! My crimbo socks collection has pretty much remained untouched since January!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,209 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Yesterday in Homebase I saw Santa's sleigh (a full-sized, MDF one, with bells and holly and everything) on a shelf in Homebase. :D

I wished I had my phone with me to take a photo!

MUVQ91T.jpg?1

It's officially autumn/winter! :D

Got an email from our GAA club about our christmas ball/party for end of november. At €60 a ticket they obviously need to start pushing it early.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Jude13

6718be90-fc0b-4330-bc2f-22be317f8254-original.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds

I have seen this all summer during my flights, the Grinch, on multiple airlines.

Meeting in work today with all the directors to run through the current job list and we're into the time of year when christmas is being referenced frequently on programmes/schedules... remember that happening last year and thanks to the workload the weeks flying by, judging by this year's workload it's looking like being even busier this year... so crimbo before you know it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭milli milli

Netflix have a good few Christmas films that they don’t seem to have removed since last Christmas!
    Watched ‘Christmas with the Kranks’ the other night.

It is just over 18 weeks to Christmas!
    We are getting to that part of the year, where we’ll start to see Christmas things appearing in the shops! Just checked my phone and I have pictures of Christmas cards and all their lovely traditional Christmas food (stollen and spiced biscuits) in store in September! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement