Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJI Mavic Pro

• 06-12-2016 3:46pm
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Can't find a dedicated "drone" forum on boards, so i figured here might be the best bet!

I'm looking for info on stock, if anyone has an insight, any place i've called has just said "we're the only official DJI dealer in Ireland, so i suggest you drop a deposit with us"

I don't wanna put a deposit with anyone, incase it comes in stock anywhere else.

I know i'm not the only person patiently(impatiently) waiting for one of these?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭bogman

Apple will be stocking them, same price as anyone else "in this country" wouldn't be in a rush, will probably be mid January before they are widely available.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

I ordered mine from DJI on October 8th and received it last Friday. It's an unbelievable piece of kit. I would suggest getting the Fly More Combo or at least addition batteries.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,709 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Dont wanna go the pay now and not get for up to 2 months route, would prefer to just grab one when they are in stock instead of holding up funds with one supplier when another might have one in stock in a few weeks.

100% going to be getting the fly more combo, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,271 ✭✭✭TireeTerror

I just spoke on live chat service on DJI site and they say they have stock of the Mavic. It takes 7-10 working days for payment to be confirmed, then it will be shipped and it would take roughly 3-5 days from then to delivery.

Does this sound right? 7-10 working days to confirm payment?

OSI wrote: »
    Unless you're sending a cheque or bank transfer that sounds like bollocks.

Thats what I thought, I said in the chat "Why does it take so long to confirm payment? It should be confirmed straight away as Im using a debit card. This sounds like you dont have stock and are trying to get the cash in as soon as possible" and she replied "Its company policy".

So I thanked her for her time and said Im not going to be lied to.

• Advertisement

Thats what I thought, I said in the chat "Why does it take so long to confirm payment? It should be confirmed straight away as Im using a debit card. This sounds like you dont have stock and are trying to get the cash in as soon as possible" and she replied "Its company policy".

So I thanked her for her time and said Im not going to be lied to.

I ordered my Mavic on Oct 9th and Payment was confirmed straight away. Got the drone Dec 2nd or so.. Delays surely must have eased by now anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭ozmo

Probably a bad thing to post publicly any favorite spots to fly drones - for fear of them become too popular at that spot...

But If any Mavic or Phantom owners want to PM me we could discuss any good sites tips etc.
    Possibly even meet up some Saturday in Dublin somewhere to fly them.

“Roll it back”

I managed to pick up two Christmas week from Maplin

I just went and ordered it with the fly more thing and also an extra additional battery so that I have 3 of them.

also an extra additional battery so that I have 3 of them.

The fly more already includes 3 batteries... so you will have 4 with that order.

Few other nice bits in the kit also - like the car charger that can recharge faster than the wall socket - and the nifty thing to recharge the controller from the battery - bag is nice too.

“Roll it back”

• Advertisement

Yeah the fly more combo is 100% worth every penny extra, basically for the price of two extra batteries you're getting 500worth of gear! :)

i LOVE the bag, i just wish it was about 10% bigger, it can be a little tight.

ozmo wrote: »
    The fly more already includes 3 batteries... so you will have 4 with that order.

Few other nice bits in the kit also - like the car charger that can recharge faster than the wall socket - and the nifty thing to recharge the controller from the battery - bag is nice too.

The car charger is faster than the wall socket? How on earth does that work?

Oh cool now I have 4 batteries. Its €300 extra for the combo pack, so its the price of 3 batteries, not 2.

Really looking forward to getting it. Ive thought about a drone ever since they first came out but held back for many reasons. This will be the first time Ive ever actually touched a drone, so its going to be so exciting when the postman arrives. Lets hope I dont smash it within 20 seconds like I did 10 years ago when I bought an RC plane!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 wheresmyphone

Which branch of Maplins did you pick them up from eeloe?

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

In light of the PO's initial comment regarding a dedicated "Drone Forum" could the Administrators/Moderators see their way clear to opening such a forum and leaving the Modelling Forum to those who want to discuss actual modelling as these are two quite different interests.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

In light of the PO's initial comment regarding a dedicated "Drone Forum" could the Administrators/Moderators see their way clear to opening such a forum and leaving the Modelling Forum to those who want to discuss actual modelling as these are two quite different interests.

Would we want to post this in Forum Requests?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

I rang Maplins in Dublin and the young lad on the phone said "VGA to Mavic Pro? I don't think we have those but you can check our website..."

Tried the Limerick branch and the sales assistant said they have 69 pre-orders in for it :(

Dying to get one before my trip to Cape Town in March!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

http://touch.boards.ie/forum/461
    Forum Requests.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭scart

ftse100 wrote: »
    I ordered mine from DJI on October 8th and received it last Friday. It's an unbelievable piece of kit. I would suggest getting the Fly More Combo or at least addition batteries.

Was your order shipped from USA.
    Were you charged for Custom Duties/VAT?

Just got my tracking email......courier tells me I should have it by Thursday! OMG so excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Any update on stock levels?

I'm contemplating getting a pal in P.A to ship one over for me , but would prefer to buy direct from here or the UK if i can.

• Advertisement

I think shipping is within a week now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭luisspellcast

I ordered mine the start of January and got it about 3 weeks later; did it online- was post from NL if I'm not mistaken ( as this is the extension of the email I was told to contact about one of the batteries that is malfunctioning )

If anyone is planning to buy one, I advise the Combo; I saw 2 batteries fully charge give me a 30min session and I'm guessing the strong winds were the main cause of it;

I've read a lot of stories of people with the 1 battery alone having to return due to malfunctioning;

There's a few extra props and the chargers too; save money for a decent size and good cat mini-SD card;

I opened my bag and used it once; the drone is so portable that it'll be travelling on my backpack/camelback anymore rather than on its leather case; it's a nice touch to add value, but I won't use it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭maw

mine arrives tomorrow via UK, ordered on Tuesday! can't wait apart from poxy weather which will keep me grounded this weekend id say

Be sure to download "UAV Forecast" on apple store.

It can tell you the windspeed etc- and gives you a rating of how good it is out to fly.

Tomorrow actually gets the thumbs up with low winds and no rain midday.

Bringing my drone with me for a lunchtime flight in the park :)

“Roll it back”

ozmo wrote: »
    Be sure to download "UAV Forecast" on apple store.

It can tell you the windspeed etc- and gives you a rating of how good it is out to fly.

Tomorrow actually gets the thumbs up with low winds and no rain midday.

Bringing my drone with me for a lunchtime flight in the park :)

oh, thanks - thats a good one to have

am i right that as the Mavic is <1Kg it does not need to be registered with IAA?

maw wrote: »
    am i right that as the Mavic is <1Kg it does not need to be registered with IAA?

Yes, no need to register it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

maw wrote: »
    mine arrives tomorrow via UK, ordered on Tuesday! can't wait apart from poxy weather which will keep me grounded this weekend id say

Who did you order off maw??

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭eladnova

Hey guys
    Thinking about getting a Mavic Pro sometime in 2017.

Wondered if anyone here flys regularly in Dublin (a park etc)

I'd love to see one "in real life" and see the interface etc. I don't need / want to try it in person. Just interested in the various filming / tracking options and seeing how easy / hard it is. etc

I saw a guy flying a drone in Stephen's Green a few weeks ago but didn't want to bother him and actually I was suprised at the size of the audience he had.

• Advertisement

I done a test of the Active Track feature last weekend. The tracking is set to my Discovery (Red one).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Y-zx5zCppo

Advertisement