Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless Earphones

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

Suckit wrote: »
    The TT-BH060 are on amazon Germany for €39.99 + shipping with code WVK8RRFU
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MFPJK16
    great deal I recommend

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

smilerf wrote: »
    great deal I recommend

Very often (Lightning deals every week or so) they are for 45 GBP with shipping on Amazon.co.uk.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,141 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If everything I read online wasn't about his the BH060 predecessors weren't nearly all better than I'd jump on that cos they look alot sexier than the other Tao models.

noodler wrote: »
    If everything I read online wasn't about his the BH060 predecessors weren't nearly all better than I'd jump on that cos they look alot sexier than the other Tao models.

They are not bad, with two caveats: they do clamp rather hard, might be a bit uncomfortable. And often you'd get a faulty pair...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

Thanks for all the info in this thread.
    I'll be needing to replace soon, so I'm going to get order in for the Tiso i5.
    I'll report back on then when they arrive

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

QCY QS1 are also down to $16.78 (€14.90) until 14th of July
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32930424839.html

and

QCY T2C/T1S TWS are down to $19.60 (€17.40)
    https://www.joybuy.com/600887661.html

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My MD301's are gone as my dopey of a son broke them!
    So now they're his, after a little Sugru love to fix them up.

So I'm after another pair of Over-ear headphones.
    Might splurge a bit and go full ANC this time if some good deal comes up over Prime day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭smilerf

banie01 wrote: »
    My MD301's are gone as my dopey of a son broke them!
    So now they're his, after a little Sugru love to fix them up.

So I'm after another pair of Over-ear headphones.
    Might splurge a bit and go full ANC this time if some good deal comes up over Prime day.
    can fully recommend Taotronics Bh60

• Registered Users Posts: 16,440 ✭✭✭✭banie01

smilerf wrote: »
    can fully recommend Taotronics Bh60

Have those and a pair of the bh47s and a pair of BH22s in my cart at the moment and bouncing between reviews of each.
    The BH60's were my original 1st choice when I bought the MD301's.

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭padjocollins

Suckit wrote: »
    The TT-BH060 are on amazon Germany for €39.99 + shipping with code WVK8RRFU
    https://www.amazon.de/dp/B07MFPJK16

got em on sat, love them. I'll be buying another pair for my child if there is a promotion running again , so someone please dm me if one comes up. thanks

• Advertisement

Hey all, keeping an eye on prime day for deals on headphones.

Does anyone know if things will keep getting added or if what I want isn't discounted now then it's probably not getting discounted at all?

Hey all, keeping an eye on prime day for deals on headphones.

Does anyone know if things will keep getting added or if what I want isn't discounted now then it's probably not getting discounted at all?

BH046 (https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07PCMWZ9N?psc=1) will be on sale from 13:10.

grogi wrote: »

How do you know the timetable??

How do you know the timetable??

485344.png

Figure the rest yourself ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭Tazium

New Sony's being released on the 8th, available for preorder on Amazon now. Reviews are entirely positive with a single notable being no IPX/Sweat resistance noted in the specs.

Not cheap at 249 Euros, but on paper are among the best of the premium brands.

https://www.whathifi.com/reviews/sony-wf-1000xm3
    https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/5/20682334/sony-wf-1000xm3-wireless-earbuds-hands-on-preview-features

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sony-WF-1000XM3-Cancelling-Headphones-connection-Silver/dp/B07T2FGG2Z?th=1

The Mixcder HD901 are on sale on aliexpress for $16.08 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33000448551.html
    They are the same as the Ausdom M09 also on sale for $16.49 https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32854607161.html
    Reviews on them are middle.. I haven't seen any negative reviews. For the price they seem decent.
    Around €14.
    This was the synopsis of the best review I saw, most in depth and test performed etc.
    Summary:
    Simple but outwardly attractive headphones with a medium sound.
    I was pleased with the strict black design without any bright elements, ease and comfort to wear them (there is no squeezing or discomfort), excellent autonomy (up to 20 hours at maximum volume), good and stable reception. But the sound is heavy, without deep bass, without high frequencies. Passive insulation is weak, so the sounds of the environment are well heard. to finish, they are worth the asking price, but no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Any recommendations for running headphones from aliexpress lads?

I got the Tiso earbuds as a recommendation here and they’ve been great but not for running imo.

Thanks

edit, €20 is the max I want to spend if possible

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I got the Tiso earbuds as a recommendation here and they’ve been great but not for running imo.

Thanks

Ah don't say that! I ordered a pair based on the good reviews for running. They landed in Ireland yesterday too.

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Ah don't say that! I ordered a pair based on the good reviews for running. They landed in Ireland yesterday too.

Just a personal opinion. To be fair I currently use a jvc wired ones that wrap around my ear so maybe im just used to them being really secured in place.

Might be grand for you. Good earbuds though.

• Advertisement

Bose SoundLink Around-Ear Wireless Bluetooth Headphones II are on sale on amazon for £129 (€143) at the moment.
    Good price for them. I think it's the lowest they have ever been.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0117RGD0K
    also on amazon Italy for €139 + shipping if they sell out on UK
    https://www.amazon.it/dp/B0117RGD0K

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Thanks

BaZmO* wrote: »

I ordered them too! Wanted them specifically for running. Mine landed in Ireland a week ago but the message on the tracker is:

"Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance"

Anyone have any idea how on how long this usually takes?

I ordered them too! Wanted them specifically for running. Mine landed in Ireland a week ago but the message on the tracker is:

"Arrived in destination country; awaiting customs clearance"

Anyone have any idea how on how long this usually takes?

Mine didn’t get any hassle from customs. Sure they’re only €18 or whatever they were.

Does customs not only get interested at around the €40 mark?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

25 euro. Hey need to make sure they are the declared value. Sure anyone could out a sticker for 15 quid on a 200 euro smartphone. Doesn't mean it gets through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Mine didn’t get any hassle from customs. Sure they’re only €18 or whatever they were.

RossieMan wrote: »
    25 euro. Hey need to make sure they are the declared value. Sure anyone could out a sticker for 15 quid on a 200 euro smartphone. Doesn't mean it gets through.

Yeah, there shouldn't be any customs charge but I suppose they have to do random checks just in case the value is under declared.
    I'm assuming there's a serious backlog; as it's in Ireland a week now.
    I don't suppose I can contact customs about it? It's only one parcel. It's not as if I'm running a business.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭xckjoo

Yeah, there shouldn't be any customs charge but I suppose they have to do random checks just in case the value is under declared.
    I'm assuming there's a serious backlog; as it's in Ireland a week now.
    I don't suppose I can contact customs about it? It's only one parcel. It's not as if I'm running a business.
    Just sit tight and wait. They have a job to do and as you said, it's only one parcel. It's one of the trade-offs you face if you're buying cheap from China. Time or money.

It's often worth looking for resellers from within the EU. You might pay a bit more but you should get it faster and without the risk of customs delays or unexpected VAT bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭bobbyg

RossieMan wrote: »

Is that on the total order or the individual items? I am going to buy two pair of earphones from AliExpress and wondering if it would be better to buy them separately?

bobbyg wrote: »
    Is that on the total order or the individual items? I am going to buy two pair of earphones from AliExpress and wondering if it would be better to buy them separately?
    Total order including shipping.
    If coming from different sellers they will be shipped individually. I don't ever remember getting two items or more in one parcel from Aliexpress. even from the same seller now that I think of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

Got my Tiso I4 yesterday from Aliexpress. Took less than 2 weeks and they paired fine and fully charged out of the box.

Sound quality is good so far and they are staying in my ears quite well although I may play around with other ear buds to get more comfort but so far so good. I have also walked 35 feet away from my desk and still played the music with no issue.

my only gripes are the buttons need a little more pressure than expected to press, so it feels like I'm wedging the earbud right down my ear canal and its a shame they couldnt set volume controls on the buds but its a small matter

For the price, I'm happy with the device so next is to check the battery life

Advertisement