Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

McDonalds - 50c Shamrock Shake

Options
  • 14-03-2014 11:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,401 ✭✭✭✭

Edit: Shamrock Shake 50c today only.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Every year I say I want to get one of these and I never do, today is the day my friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,317 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

Get a Shamrock Shake for 50c - today only - with the McDonald’s Ireland app.

Just show the promotional picture to the staff in your nearest restaurant. But hurry, you’ve only got until the end of today!

I suppose they won't really ask to see the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Feckless Rogue

Etnies wrote: »
    Every year I say I want to get one of these and I never do, today is the day my friends.

Godspeed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

The app that they say isnt compatible with my device. Both of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,075 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Reminds me of when Chief Wiggum is shot in the Simpsons, they find his lung is full of Shamrock Shake. :)

Wonder will they sell me a gallon.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

what flavour are the shamrock shakes? I don't think i've had one in 20 years.. can't remember at all

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

what flavour are the shamrock shakes? I don't think i've had one in 20 years.. can't remember at all

Some sort of mint. I think I'm going to get one, just so I can have a small taste of what it was like to be eight. Used to love them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Vanilla mint would be my description going on memory from last year.

Will take the kids over the weekend.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

The only way this is a bargain for me is if they pay me 50 cent to have one.

syklops wrote: »
    The only way this is a bargain for me is if they pay me 50 cent to have one.

There is a special place in hell for people like you. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

To be fair they are bleedin jaysus godawful.

To be fair they are bleedin jaysus godawful.

Boooooooooooooo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭cena

Is this offer app only.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Is the app only available on android? I can't find it on the App Store.

The app its available on my nexus 7 tablet

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭rosieirl

I squealed with delight when I got the app notification this morning. My colleagues smiled patiently at my explanation but couldn't hide the contempt in their eyes. Who'd have thought shamrock shakes could polarize a nation?! Me, I love them. But just one, once a year, thanks.

I got one this afternoon. They are as yummy as I remember. Not as green or minty as I remember though.

I had my app, but I'd say you can just ask for the 50c Shamrock Shake at the counter? It's not even a voucher or swipe thingy. It's just an ad on the promotions section of theMcD app. It's for today only.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 518 ✭✭✭mjv2ydratu679c

Are these not made from ground up leprechauns?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

To be fair, I can see them extending this for St Patrick's Day. They'll want to cash in on the footfall of drunk people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,969 ✭✭✭✭syklops

There is a special place in hell for people like you. :mad:

People who don't like mint milkshakes?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

If it ain't made of shamrock or a shamrock derivative, then it is misleading..

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Went in with the girlfriend today, she loves them, I think they're alright. Sound OP! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

People saying they had one 20 years ago. I never had a shamrock shake in my life. How did I miss out on these for the past 29 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Had one last week and to be honest it tastes like Colgate and not in a good way. It doesn't taste like mint.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

Love these thanks op!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Yes, I have it on Android. McDonald'sIE

not on in Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,035 ✭✭✭OU812

No... Can't believe I missed this. I wait all year for the shamrock shakes & allow myself one a week while they're available (they're 486 calories each).

Oh well have to pay full price.

As mentioned above they're not as minty or green as they used to be, and unfortunately they don't do the mint sundae anymore either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

How much are these now that the 50c special is over?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

T-Maxx wrote: »
    How much are these now that the 50c special is over?

I think €2.20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

They're definitely not worth 2.20.

Told herself about them and made me go up to get them! Two for €1 was fine but not €2.20 for one!
    On another note, when I asked the guy on the counter, he claimed not to know anything about it, until I took out my phone and showed him the app...:confused:

Advertisement