Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Burger King BOGOFs and app deals

• 31-01-2019 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Some good ones there at the moment folks

BOGOF Big King
    BOGOF Cheeseburger
    €1 chilli cheese bites (4)
    €1 chicken nuggets (4)
    €1 onion rings (5)
    €5 for various burger and fries deals - includes Whopper, Chicken royale, Bacon double cheese
    €1 coffee
    €2 oreo shake
    €3 for Big King, extra long cheeseburger, long seasoned chicken
    €6 for two kids meals
    €11 two whopper or chicken royale meals

Each offer is one use only but they update them now and again. Once you go into an offer you've 15 mins to use it.

Even if you won't eat two burgers yourself you can always buy say two Big Kings for the €3.35 and give one away, sadly there's often rough sleepers not too far from my local BK

Also if you can be bothered afterwards you can do a survey with your receipt at www.bk-feedback-eire.com and get a free whopper, chicken royale or veggie burger when you buy regular fries & drink. It's something like €4.20 for the fries and drink.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

A fine filly of a deal, must trott down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

123654789 wrote: »
    Some good ones there at the moment folks

BOGOF Big King
    BOGOF Cheeseburger
    €1 chilli cheese bites (4)
    €1 chicken nuggets (4)
    €1 onion rings (5)
    €5 for various burger and fries deals - includes Whopper, Chicken royale, Bacon double cheese
    €1 coffee
    €2 oreo shake
    €3 for Big King, extra long cheeseburger, long seasoned chicken
    €6 for two kids meals
    €11 two whopper or chicken royale meals

Each offer is one use only but they update them now and again. Once you go into an offer you've 15 mins to use it.

Even if you won't eat two burgers yourself you can always buy say two Big Kings for the €3.35 and give one away, sadly there's often rough sleepers not too far from my local BK
    That going to run for you think? Haven't been near one in year's,but might treat my teen and myself

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Sorry

I have money and taste.

I eat at Supermacs.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,090 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

About twenty furlongs

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Superfin

What's the story with the app? Just downloaded it, won't let me sign up and it doesn't recognise my postcode? Hmmm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭123654789

App is on my phone a while now but I vaguely recall postcode hassle too - I might have put in BT1 1AA, you could try that?

That going to run for you think? Haven't been near one in year's,but might treat my teen and myself

I was last there before christmas and the offers were different then so I don't know how often they change them. There's always more on the way though!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Coolaboy

The app doesn't want to work for me!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 hearsay

Bk hasnt been the same since they took out the horse meat :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭fdevine

Coolaboy wrote: »
    The app doesn't want to work for me!!!

No issues at all with the app, or with using my Eircode for signing up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,111 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I've never had a Big King, must check them out :D

It's a Big Mac that isn't called a Big Mac :D
    It will totally look exactly like this!
    18492_BK_Web_BIGKING_500x540px-1.png

• Registered Users Posts: 40 mick8

Two Whooper meals for 11e is a good value compared to McDonalds, hope they will bring back their smartphone app back..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,865 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Remember when we had that hacked McDonald's app that let you choose what prize you wanted in the Christmas burgers range? Good times, don't think I've been in a McDonald's since that binging session.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,109 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

qqzJUaC.gif

ny7ecWv.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

bazz26 wrote: »
    qqzJUaC.gif

ny7ecWv.gif

I totally get this guy. We should clone him and let a legion of them off to clean up the streets!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

123654789 wrote: »
    It's a Big Mac that isn't called a Big Mac :D

Big king is bigger, has about 15% more calories than a big mac, I think it has 2 x 2oz patties (a quarter pound) while mcdonalds bugers are 1.6oz, which is 1/10th of a pound each.

big macs have seemingly always had these small burgers as standard. The larger big mac is being sold again, and can be got with bacon. When it came out last time loads were saying it was the size big macs used to be, but it certainly was not. Peoples are likely remembering them as kids when they had small hands, similar to creme eggs. Also they are just used to bigger burgers being commonplace nowadays. I can remember frozen quarter pounders coming out and people thought they were huge.

Mcds have the double bacon cheeseburger for 2.50 which is pretty good. THey are putting the touch screen menus in most places, you can customise the burgers so they will be made fresh. You always could ask for different things but I would have been embarrassed of sounding really fussy asking for eurosaver burgers and listing out all the extras.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭magentis

rubadub wrote: »
    Big king is bigger, has about 15% more calories than a big mac, I think it has 2 x 2oz patties (a quarter pound) while mcdonalds bugers are 1.6oz, which is 1/10th of a pound each.

big macs have seemingly always had these small burgers as standard. The larger big mac is being sold again, and can be got with bacon. When it came out last time loads were saying it was the size big macs used to be, but it certainly was not. Peoples are likely remembering them as kids when they had small hands, similar to creme eggs. Also they are just used to bigger burgers being commonplace nowadays. I can remember frozen quarter pounders coming out and people thought they were huge.

Mcds have the double bacon cheeseburger for 2.50 which is pretty good. THey are putting the touch screen menus in most places, you can customise the burgers so they will be made fresh. You always could ask for different things but I would have been embarrassed of sounding really fussy asking for eurosaver burgers and listing out all the extras.

I do it all the time.

Eurosaver burgers with extra pickles.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,220 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Wouldn't be going near those touch screen ordering systems myself having read what they found on 100% of the ones in the U.K.

People do worse than than that apparantly :pac::pac: Things like this

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/deals/deals-hunter/2018/11/mcdonalds-hacks/
    Eg:
    £1.70 off a DIY ‘Big Mac’
    Instead of ordering a £3.19 Big Mac, save £1.70 by creating my MoneySaving version. It isn’t the same, but comes close (minus a piece of bread and the Big Mac-specific sauce):

To do it, order a £1.49 Double Cheeseburger and add the following free extras to have the ingredients of a Big Mac: shredded lettuce, onions, pickles, mustard and mayonnaise (for a makeshift Big Mac sauce). The add-ons won’t cost extra, so although you might miss the distinctive taste of a real Big Mac – and that iconic middle tier of bread – I reckon the 55% saving you can make every time is worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Alright Ronald. Pack it in!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Birneybau wrote: »
    Wouldn't be going near those touch screen ordering systems myself having read what they found on 100% of the ones in the U.K.

Errr..what?

Like people's horrible fingerprints and germs all over them?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

OmegaGene wrote: »
    They swabbed the screens and found s**t on them but if you swan anything and test it you will probably get the same results, it was just a click bait story on a slow news day run by a red top tabloid

Same could be said for anything: door handles, taps, cash .. nothing is clean

• Registered Users Posts: 3,517 ✭✭✭Hoboo

2 regular steakhouse meals 12 euro is savage.

Large double steakhouse meal is the best burger meal you can get in any fast food joint, that's just under a tenner.

Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 11,900 ✭✭✭✭GBX

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Yes that’s why I said it was just click bait but people believe anything once it goes online

Missed that part! Oops .. anyway let's eat all the burgers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Birneybau wrote: »
    God just copped it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

If you clear cache and data on the android app, the vouchers reappear. You don't even need to register or login.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Hoboo wrote: »
    2 regular steakhouse meals 12 euro is savage.

Large double steakhouse meal is the best burger meal you can get in any fast food joint, that's just under a tenner.

Thanks OP

Never heard of it, why is it so good?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,929 ✭✭✭Monokne

Sorry

I have money and taste.

I eat at Supermacs.

I don't know if you can really be superior when it comes to fast food! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Dante7 wrote: »
    If you clear cache and data on the android app, the vouchers reappear. You don't even need to register or login.

How to do that on iphone?

Advertisement