Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Leather sofa - where to buy advice

• 15-01-2021 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi!

We are moving to our new house soon and looking at furnishing it, starting with a good sofa and a good bed.

I'm particularly interested in getting a good leather sofa. Natuzzi seems to be a well promoted brand with great designs but I have checked reviews and it looks like the quality doesn't live up to expectations.

Have you any experience with Natuzzi? Do you recommend any other brands/companies?

Many thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭Wyldwood

My tuppence worth.. I spent a lot of money on a Natuzzi leather suite a number of years ago and within a very short space of time the reclining mechanism went on one side of a sofa. They did repair it but had to take it away and it took a while to do. The leather on the couches (dark red) started to show wear after about two years. All adults in the house at that stage so no reason for the wear. Natuzzi didn't want to know. By the time it was 5 years old it was ready to be dumped.

I would never buy Natuzzi again and just as an aside, I wouldn't buy leather either. It can be very cold to sit on and not as comfy as a nice upholstered suite. If you're worried about stains then pay a few euro extra to get Scotchgard and you'll have no issues.

Best of luck with the new house, exciting times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 332 ✭✭deathbomber

Actually Natuzzi are a top brand, however most if not all the "versions" sold in Ireland are their budget versions. Still they should not wear as bad as the poster has said. I think their good stuff starts fro. Circa 8k and beyond

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dpham178

Wyldwood wrote: »
    My tuppence worth.. I spent a lot of money on a Natuzzi leather suite a number of years ago and within a very short space of time the reclining mechanism went on one side of a sofa. They did repair it but had to take it away and it took a while to do. The leather on the couches (dark red) started to show wear after about two years. All adults in the house at that stage so no reason for the wear. Natuzzi didn't want to know. By the time it was 5 years old it was ready to be dumped.

I would never buy Natuzzi again and just as an aside, I wouldn't buy leather either. It can be very cold to sit on and not as comfy as a nice upholstered suite. If you're worried about stains then pay a few euro extra to get Scotchgard and you'll have no issues.

Best of luck with the new house, exciting times.

Thanks for sharing your experience. They are really handsome pieces of furniture but as you said 3 year of shelf life doesn't sound great. Price paid is one thing but the annoyance from having a poor quality looking furniture in your living room after 2 years is what matters.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 dpham178

Actually Natuzzi are a top brand, however most if not all the "versions" sold in Ireland are their budget versions. Still they should not wear as bad as the poster has said. I think their good stuff starts fro. Circa 8k and beyond

The good Natuzzi stuff you said can only get from stores in Italy and get shipped to Ireland I think. I read that info somewhere too... Unfortunately I can extend my budget to 5k at most.

Do you recommend any Irish sofa stockers?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

dpham178 wrote: »
    Thanks for sharing your experience. They are really handsome pieces of furniture but as you said 3 year of shelf life doesn't sound great. Price paid is one thing but the annoyance from having a poor quality looking furniture in your living room after 2 years is what matters.

Nattuzi leather ==== genuine Italian/Chinese!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,248 ✭✭✭✭fits

We got a second hand finline suite for free on adverts and I could not fault it. And it gets dogs abuse here with twin boys in the house that live to jump on it. It’s Probably close to 15 years old. It still looks good too. I’d definitely recommend them based on our experience. Ours is cloth but I think we will invest in leather with them in next couple of years.

https://www.finlinefurniture.ie/

Advertisement