Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RATE MY TEAM 19/20

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Damien360

2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Laporte Robertson VVD (Simpson Kelly)
    Mane Rice DeBruyne Fraser (Dendoncker)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Brighton are going to be busy at the back so Ryan and Button make sense

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Overall 3 Liverpool and 3 Man City. A mix after that.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭Damien360

Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
    Mane to Salah
    Fraser to Zaha

Damien360 wrote: »
    2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Laporte is a better catch than Mendy and I think has less injury. It was Robertson or TAA. VVD is a monster.

Mane instead of Salah as I couldn't afford Salah. I think Rice is going to be this year's Gem. I wanted Sterling but DeBruyne is a decent compromise. Missing last season but should be up there for points. Fraser I had last year and seems to pick a lot of points. Another Gem.

I really want Aguero so I'm sticking with him. Ings is in for Long based on advise here. Likely to be main man for penalties. Can't see him scoring much more than that. Jimenez, I hope continues his form but he was a surprise last year and I had him for the whole season.

Any thoughts ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭macraignil

....and Ings will likely be rotated what with Southampton having loads of attacking options.
    Or

Draft 3

Laporte to Walker
    Mane to Salah
    Fraser to Zaha

Like draft 3 the best as Salah could still be on penalties and the other changes might not cost too much in points potential. Added the quote above as I remember having Ings in my team when I read it and have moved him out since. He still could be a great option at that price but would like to see if he will be playing 90minutes regularly first. Also seen someone questioning how Jimenez may not score as much points this season with it being their second season in the Premier league and also they have a tough run of fixtures to start with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,662 ✭✭✭Nuts102

Allison

Laporte VVD Digne Azpi

Fraser Sigurdson Zaha Salah Docoure

Vardy

Button Adams Greenwood Stacey

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

2nd draft

3-4-3

Ryan (Button)
    Aguero Jimenez Ings

Any thoughts ?

2 non playing subs more than likely
    Dendoncker being the playing sub.And they have a STINK start and Europa and you have Jiminez ?
    Which might be ok
    If you didn’t have Declan Rice as a starter??????
    He offers nothing in FF as a midfielder
    And Ings will be injured soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,198 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ryan
    TAA VVD Digne Laporte
    Siggy Salah Sterling Zaha
    Deulofeu King

Button 4.5 tpt 4.0 def 4.5 fwd

Not happy with Ryan, hope the Burnley keeper situation will become clearer. Could downgrade Laporte to a 4.5 and upgrade Ryan but don't see any 4.5 defender I want. The mid speaks for itself, will probably be fairly template. Tielemans/Maddison/Perez instead of Zaha could be done too. Prefer Gerry D to Jota, better fixtures and no Europa. King will no doubt troll us but two decent opening fixtures and can reassess after that. Bench to be decided but will be rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,647 ✭✭✭elefant

I see a couple of teams with Rice in them but as has been mentioned he’s basically useless as an FF midfielder, surely Noble for the same price is a far better bet as he takes penalties?

I have Noble in a few draft teams. He was scoring pretty well for his price at the end of last season.

Only thing is that he's likely to be your cheap midfielder anyway, so you're probably as well saving 4.5 and plumping for Dendoncker.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Personally I'd put Guendouzi as the best cheap mid. He's a very tidy footballer and intelligent for such a young player. He should improve this season and hopefully he can add an attacking threat to his game. The down side is he plays for Arsenal who are erratic but they will do better than Wolves this season who have the added workload of European football.

• Advertisement

Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
    Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
    5ml though .....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,631 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?

Asked this in the other thread too and got no bites but what are people's thoughts on Giroud? He's Chelsea's only striker and he's only 7. Surely he's worth a go?

He is a firm preseason watch for me
    The main issue is he has NEVER nailed down a first team spot at either arsenal or Chelsea

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Arsenal Wolves and Liverpool in their first 4 GWs. I know their fixtures are much kinder after that, but don't see the love for Burnley at the moment.

Rotating keeper

km79 wrote: »

Then I would prob end up going for duffy over Ryan as my 4th defender
    Decent fixtures until gw4 and I will be wildcarding around then
    5ml though .....

Would you go Dunk at 4.5 instead? I'm trying to avoid picking anyone from newly promoted teams straight away. Trying to get a decent structure so can hop on any bandwagons early.

sheroman01 wrote: »

Serious save point potential though!

Would you go Dunk at 4.5 instead? I'm trying to avoid picking anyone from newly promoted teams straight away. Trying to get a decent structure so can hop on any bandwagons early.

No if I’m going for a defender it will be duffy for his goal threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Serious save point potential though!
    hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Giroud may be Chelseas only striker in the game atm but surely Abraham and Batman are available to them? They should both be looking to stake a claim for first choice striker in pre season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Giroud may be Chelseas only striker in the game atm but surely Abraham and Batman are available to them? They should both be looking to stake a claim for first choice striker in pre season.

Yes I thought Abraham was staying put myself

Batman started and scored..........
    Kenedy set it up !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Ryan
    Laporte - Robertson - Digne
    Mane - BSilva - Siggy - Perez
    Firmino - Vardy - King

Button - Kelly - Diop - Dendoncker

3 pool coverage - Not totally sold on firmino
    no sterling / downgraded to bsilva to upgrade elsewhere
    could drop laporte to walker to free up 0.5 to spend elsewhere - maybe heaton as rotating keeper / perez to zaha
    Everton and Bournemouth coverage for their good openings
    Double leicester as well...hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

First go:

Ederson (4.0)
    Robertson - TAA - Laporte - Dunk (Lascelles)
    Salah - Zaha - Perez - Sterling (Dendoncker)
    Jota - King (4.5)

Wanted to pick premium defenders + keeper so I could pretty much just set and forget the back 5 and not worry about the fixtures.
    Salah and Sterling for the captaincy for most weeks.

Even if Zaha doesn't end up at Arsenal I think I'll keep him in.
    Might swap Sterling to KDB and get Digne / Coleman instead of Dunk or else upgrade Perez.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Despite my best intentions, the tinkering has started –

Here’s my preliminary troops

Ryan | Button

Digne | VVD | Laporte | Robertson | Rico

Fraser | Salah | Siggy | Lucas Moura | Dendoncker

Chicarito | Vardy | King

Will be aiming for a reasonably flexible formation – switching between 442 and 443 depending on fixtures.

*Keepers – will probably go with the Brighton duo and hope for save points; Lloris was my other main option but think the money can be better spent elsewhere

*Defence – standard FPL template really; Robertson gets the nod ahead of TAA as more nailed on imho. Rico will be perma 3rd sub – if he ever makes my team something has gone drastically wrong.

*Midfield
    – Salah and Siggy and possibly Fraser definites at this stage for me. Dendoncker will probably stay as 5th choice either way and should be a viable option if needed as 2nd sub. Not 100% on Moura at all really, will see how Spurs are shaping up in pre-season. Zaha is an alternative pending where his head is at, and may look at Pulisic also. A Chelsea fan here at work has bigged him up but possibly too many unknowns at Chelsea early doors (??)

*Strikers – Vardy is a dead cert for me, the other places are up for grabs still really. Arnie leaving and Chicarito getting the No.9 jersey makes him appealing; I have a mixed history with King…and not overly happy with a Bournmouth attacking double up as they can be so flaky. Benteke might be a punt if he has a good pre-season, and possibly a Chelsea striker – no sign of Batshuayi in the game yet (??)

Anyway, will try to leave it alone for a week or two now – all feedback welcome

I like it Cartman
    Similar to my thinking at moment

• Registered Users Posts: 35,852 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i like it, and i've looked at similar, but i can't shake the idea that I need a City attacker.

premium defence, plus Salah/Mane and Vardy is making it tricky though.

I just can't see past Salah/Sterling captaincy rotation

GW1-GW11

NOR/sou/bou/BHA/NEW/WAT/shu/WOL/cry/AVL/avl

Managed to squeeze Vardy in but meant sacrificing Siggy and Laporte...not sure if I'm happy losing those two

Pope (Button)
    VVD TAA Digne (Rico Kelly)
    Tielemans Zaha Sterling Salah (Dendoncker)
    Vardy King Chicharito

Bench is dreadful though so this 11 might be a non runner.

• I don’t like it Cartman.

I don’t like weekly choices re starting 11 and I don’t like the idea of benching 6.0m (minimum) every week.

It’s one formation only for me and obviously change that formation if my FT’s dictate change.

Also looks like a hit waiting to happen if you need to raise funds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Screw Attack

Did a rough draft:

GKs: Ederson, Matthew Ryan

DEF: Matt Doherty, van Dijk, Lucas Digne, Max Aarons, El Mohamady

MID: Ayoze Perez, Bernardo Silva, Mane, Zaha, Nathan Redmond

FW: Lazazette, Shane Long, Deulofeu

Advertisement