Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2nd grant installment

• 15-01-2011 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭

Any ideas of when this is out??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭ismiseuisce

I get the Mayo grant and as far as I can remember it's usually in by the last week in January or the first week in February. I think that the Mayo grant is usually one of the last ones to come in though.

• Registered Users Posts: 710 ✭✭✭TheReverend

Got mine on the 7th (from wicklow vec)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,538 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

it depends who pays you

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

I get mine from Dublin City Council which pays straight into your bank acc. I asked about it in college and they told me that they send a list of students that are still registered, presumably those that sat xmas exams, to DCC who then pay the second instalment. My exams are next week so I expect it in late January, early February. It's probably different depending on colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Mother Duck

Spoke to Fingal Co Co this morning who advised that 2nd payment would go out between next week and mid February, depending on the colleges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Collected mine today from Wicklow. Cheque was dated 10th of December, yet according to the website it only came in today. :rolleyes:

Also, if anyone is going to collect at the moment, be prepared for a long wait. I have to wait 1hour 45 mins today!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 dee_f

check out the ucd website - it gives the dates of all the cheques

http://www.ucd.ie/registry/adminservices/fees/maintenance_cheques.htm

altho they have no dates before jan 17 - my friend got his longford coco grant last week - im waiting on westmeath still

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭sm124

does anyone hve anyidea of when cork county councils will be out i have rent to pay an they won't even give any idea of whats going on like she told me they'd processed some but noone anywhere seems to have gotten it. :( we got it so early last semester!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InTouch

To those in receipt of Fingal, the aggresso report came through on 11th February last year: I would imagine that it would be the same this year. Though with the delays experienced August- December last year it is hard to say.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Fox McCloud

I was told my grant from cork county council was sent to ucd yesterday, so should be available monday or tuesday I'd imagine..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭Knight990

Hey lads, anyone have any word on when the second payment is due to be paid from South Dublin County Council? I'm studying abroad on an Erasmus year from IT Tallaght and things are starting to get a bit close.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭String

Got a text today from Cork VEC saying my second grant installment will be payed on Friday 28th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Flipping hell, rang DCC but cant get any info out of them!
    Hopefully in the next week and a half or else i'll be doing forfeits for money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

DCC emailed me yesterday stating that the 2nd installment has been transferred to my account.Should have it by Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

El_Drago wrote: »
    DCC emailed me yesterday stating that the 2nd installment has been transferred to my account.Should have it by Friday.

What college you in?

See we're allowed to drop out up until the 31st... so I've a feeling DCC won't be getting a list of re-registered students till after then, so it could be mid-feb before I get mine...

I swear, I dunno what the expect you to live on for the first 3/4 weeks of the semester it's a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 462 ✭✭El_Drago

kthnxbai wrote: »
    What college you in?

See we're allowed to drop out up until the 31st... so I've a feeling DCC won't be getting a list of re-registered students till after then, so it could be mid-feb before I get mine...

I swear, I dunno what the expect you to live on for the first 3/4 weeks of the semester it's a joke

NUI Galway. I reckon that you'll get it in within the next couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭kthnxbai

Well, TCD said they're not sending off the list of re-registered students till the 31st... so it seems like it'll be mid february =/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

DCC grant arrived in my account today

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

DCC grant arrived in my account today

Normally i get mine before you gill :(

Did you get the email first or did it just hit your account?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 ByJove

Hi all, I've contacted Fingal Co. Co. many times over the last two months and no word since before Christmas. All they said then was you'll get one after Christmas and one at Easter. I read typically people got 2nd paym. in Jan, last year was later at beginning of Feb. It's Feb 14th and I'm living abroad for the year of study, need money and timescale to budget! Don't know what to tell my parents......Anyone know what's going on? What's with these lists the colleges are sending to the councils.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

ByJove wrote: »
    Hi all, I've contacted Fingal Co. Co. many times over the last two months and no word since before Christmas. All they said then was you'll get one after Christmas and one at Easter. I read typically people got 2nd paym. in Jan, last year was later at beginning of Feb. It's Feb 14th and I'm living abroad for the year of study, need money and timescale to budget! Don't know what to tell my parents......Anyone know what's going on? What's with these lists the colleges are sending to the councils.

Well I'm waiting for Fingal Co. Council for UCD. Apparently UCD only confirm attendance on 31st January and the second payment should go into accounts this week. I don't know what college you're with but possibly it's the same story so we should receive it this week.

Hi, yeah I forgot to say, I'm with D.I.T (Aungier & Kevin)

sophia25 wrote: »
    Well I'm waiting for Fingal Co. Council for UCD. Apparently UCD only confirm attendance on 31st January and the second payment should go into accounts this week. I don't know what college you're with but possibly it's the same story so we should receive it this week.

Hi, have you or anyone else using Fingal heard anything yet? It's Feb 17th and I'll have more rent due soon...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭sophia25

ByJove wrote: »
    Hi, have you or anyone else using Fingal heard anything yet? It's Feb 17th and I'll have more rent due soon...

I was into Fingal Co. Co. yesterday. They said most 2nd installments have been paid and it is only if they haven't received confirmation from the College that they haven't paid. I was able to prove that myself yesterday and so bypassed them having to hear back from College so am on the next run of payments next Friday. Payment is always put through bank Thurs night/ Friday morning. If I was you I would contact them myself on Monday to get on the list for Friday. Best of luck!:)

Thank you very much :))))))))))

OK FINALLY got a word just this morning, they emailed after my dozen emails and said DIT KEVIN ST. only confirmed details this MORNING of who's staying in the 2nd semester. So I'll be getting paid this Friday 25/Feb.

Advertisement