Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vesta Living - Clongriffin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 oldglory78

Hello everyone,

I wonder could anyone help me with a question regarding orientation of the apartments. I assumed most apartments were South facing. Does anyone have a North facing one? How is it in terms of light? I have lived in North facing apartments before and they were quite dark so I am not sure I would take one given the expensive rents in the complex.

Hope everyone is safe and well and enjoying their homes.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭Fompi

oldglory78 wrote: »
    Hello everyone,

I wonder could anyone help me with a question regarding orientation of the apartments. I assumed most apartments were South facing. Does anyone have a North facing one? How is it in terms of light? I have lived in North facing apartments before and they were quite dark so I am not sure I would take one given the expensive rents in the complex.

Hope everyone is safe and well and enjoying their homes.

Thanks

Ok so on the layout of the apartments, the north is a the top of the image and south at the bottom.
    I've also been in a really dark house facing north-east so I chose on purpose an apartment with a south/west orientation.
    The light is absolutely AMAZING and I think I've put the heater on only 2 or 3 times since mid-february.
    But... today it's really warm outside and I'm roasting :D I have all the blinds down and windows open, hahaha. No regret though! That's exactly what I wanted but I guess it will be a bit too warm in the 2 days of Summer we'll have.

Thanks Fompi, glad to hear that!

When you say image: do you mean the floor plan when selecting the apartment?

oldglory78 wrote: »
    Thanks Fompi, glad to hear that!

When you say image: do you mean the floor plan when selecting the apartment?

yes!

Here, look, on a random apartment I found, I added the orientation. So this apartment would see the sun rise everyday (with probably a view on Howth if there is no other building in the way) and will get the light all day, but in the living room only.

Thanks Fompi, that is really helpful!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Stannie

Hey guys,

I’m looking for a room to rent for about three months. I’m here on business and I normally commute to and from the uk but obviously with COVID-19 this isn’t inline with the UK and Ireland’s guidelines. I’m currently staying in A hotel in Dublin but I could really do with a base for at least three months. Is there anybody on here that has a double room available to rent for at least 3 months? I will keep myself to myself as long as I have access to the Wi-Fi for business! Sorry if I’m breaking any rules on here but I thought I would ask the question. Stay safe guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Anyone else get the message about the delayed move-in dates?

Anyone else get the message about the delayed move-in dates?

I was actually wondering about that because I can see from my window that everything stopped in building 31, is that your one? I'm wondering if building 33 is ready though?

Oh... I have friends moving in in Block 33... I'm not sure they know about the delay :( I was hoping 33 would be ready.... I'd say it's going to be a big problem for people who gave their notice already :(

Mr.S wrote: »
    I could be wrong, the block itself is finished but depending on which apartment they have, it might not be ready and furnished.

I won't tell them anything then, dont want to stress them out for no reason. I can see in block 31 that they put all the boxes/mattresses in the apartments, it must be so frustrating to be so close to having it done...

• Advertisement

Just get them to contact Vesta - I've found them every helpful. If they are to be delayed, they would get contacted!

They've contacted them already regarding the amount to pay (deposit + partial rent of April) but they don't seem to reply as fast as usual. This whole thing must be so frustrating for Vesta as they've always been on track, which is quite rare!

Hey Fompi, we're due to be moving in to 33 on one of the upper floors :(

why the sad face? Is it delayed? It's not delayed for my friend, their apartment is ready

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ms Sally

We are due to move into block 31 on May 1st... Hoping that there won't be huge delays !! Hard to know what will happen. Random question but are BBQs allowed ? Just before we go buying one!
    Thanks,
    Faye

Haha ok thanks, we are on the ground floor so have a terrace instead of a balcony but I know some apartments don't allow them as the smoke rises and can cause problems for apartments above !! I'll send them a mail and ask about it :)
    It's not specifically in the house rules, but generally BBQ'ing on small balconies with timber flooring isn't recommended :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

Hey all, myself and the partner moved into block 33 today! Delighted with the place it's beautiful. Few small marks and scuffs here and there and some questionable paintwork but lovely otherwise.

Two things im finding is the mattress is incredibly hard. I feel like I'm lying on the ground. I'm 8 stone and it's almost like I'm too light to sink into the memory foam. Did anyone else have an issue with mattress?

Also how do we get the "landlord password" for the pinergy app? We put the code and the meter number in but haven't got any further because it asked for landlord password. Contacted vesta but no reply, will run out electricity tonight otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 bigfeckineejit

Hey all, myself and the partner moved into block 33 today! Delighted with the place it's beautiful. Few small marks and scuffs here and there and some questionable paintwork but lovely otherwise.

Two things im finding is the mattress is incredibly hard. I feel like I'm lying on the ground. I'm 8 stone and it's almost like I'm too light to sink into the memory foam. Did anyone else have an issue with mattress?

Also how do we get the "landlord password" for the pinergy app? We put the code and the meter number in but haven't got any further because it asked for landlord password. Contacted vesta but no reply, will run out electricity tonight otherwise.

Have you tried 0000 or 1234? They're usually the default passwords for these things.

I found the mattress really comfortable and not hard at all, weird!?
    And yes I agree that the paint work is very questionable, I have stains on the floor that I can't get rid of, same on the radiators... It's a shame because it's otherwise beautiful indeed.

The password for the Pinergy app has something to do with the park name, but I forgot... fathercollins, collinspark... try a few combinations

• Registered Users Posts: 24 PinkSpark

That’s the first thing we noticed too, little scuffs and paint on the floor, bathroom tiles and door handles. Definitely looks like a rush job with the painting but not a big deal.

I agree about that Mattress, I was expecting it to be softer but it’s actually really comfortable to sleep on.

You probably have the password sorted by now but I’m pretty sure it’s ‘collinspark’

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Mackers42

Just moved in, is it possible to turn off or turn down ventilation noise? Place not as clean as hoped but really nice

Do you mean the noise from the hot-press? That's the water heater.

Thanks, yeah it’s the noise coming from the heat recovery unit. It controls the aircon. It’s fine really just a little noisy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 OutlanderWitch

Mackers42 wrote: »
    Thanks, yeah it’s the noise coming from the heat recovery unit. It controls the aircon. It’s fine really just a little noisy.

Mine is also quite noisy, especially in bedroom. I'm a very light sleeper so I've started turning it off at night time. Only thing is you will wake up with a dry mouth/throat as the air gets kinda stale when it's not on. Sometimes I leave the window open instead as it's quieter than having the vent running.

To turn it off watch the screen until it says the speed ( itll either display the word automatic, speed 1 2 3 or off). Press the middle button on the unit and it'll pause on the option and start flashing. When it's flashing press the left button and this will cycle through the diff options. Speed 1 is the lightest and whitest, 3 is loudest, off is off obviously. Once you reach your desired option again press the middle button once more to save your preference.

Mine is also quite noisy, especially in bedroom. I'm a very light sleeper so I've started turning it off at night time. Only thing is you will wake up with a dry mouth/throat as the air gets kinda stale when it's not on. Sometimes I leave the window open instead as it's quieter than having the vent running.

To turn it off watch the screen until it says the speed ( itll either display the word automatic, speed 1 2 3 or off). Press the middle button on the unit and it'll pause on the option and start flashing. When it's flashing press the left button and this will cycle through the diff options. Speed 1 is the lightest and whitest, 3 is loudest, off is off obviously. Once you reach your desired option again press the middle button once more to save your preference.

Thank you so much!

A very stupid question - I thought that controlled the hot water, so if turned off, what are you turning off - fresh air circulated in the apartment?

Yep

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Jimmy Gian

Hi Lads,
    Had anyone to move in these first days of April and he couldn’t make it because he is stuck overseas?

Did Vesta offer you any kind of help about this situation or you are paying for an apartment that you haven’t even seen in-person?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KP247

Hi All, Another question for those already moved in. Are there drawers in the apartments (bedrooms) - for clothes. In general, have you found that there was further items required in terms of furniture - just wanting to put a list together. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 KP247

There’s a small wardrobe in each bedroom, and the beds have storage space.

We put a wardrobe in the storage room, I think most apartments have that - check your floor plan!

We also bought general things like side tables / bookshelfs, lamp shades etc.

Get a bin as there none integrated in the kitchen.

Thanks! Will add those to the list.

Hey,
    Just wondering how long was it before Vesta got in touch again before moving into the apartment? We are due to move on May 1st but haven't heard any update yet and hoping all is still running on-time with current restrictions in place.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Dedgunns

Hey,
    Just wondering how long was it before Vesta got in touch again before moving into the apartment? We are due to move on May 1st but haven't heard any update yet and hoping all is still running on-time with current restrictions in place.
    Thanks

We were due to move in April 15th. Under current restrictions all construction has ceased. So move in dates are now delayed indefinitely....and it’s looking like current restrictions are going to be extended for another few weeks...

I've moved 2 months ago and I never saw the heat recovery unit before you guys talked about it :o Never heard a single noise either although I'm a really light sleeper too. So I just checked and mine is on speed 1. But what does it do exactly? Blow air through the ceiling vents? Hot air or normal air?

Regarding the furniture, I needed to add quite a lot (I have lots of books) and it was really tricky, they've designed the apartments in a way that makes it difficult to add anything. Radiators and mirrors in the bedrooms are where you would have put a piece of furniture. But after lots of measurements taken, calculations and browsing on furniture websites, I've managed to add everything I needed. The hallways are so wide you can add a lot in there! My one looks like a library now :D
    As for the wardrobes, I found them really small and I needed to add chests of drawers.

• Advertisement

Hey is anyone finding the apartments quite warm?

Advertisement