Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Illness benefit problems since new form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

irishfemme wrote: »
    What day is illness benefit paid exactly? Got half payment from 27th - on thur 30th jan. and now, full payment on saturday 1st feb. (due on monday 3rd Feb).
    I assumed the thursday payment was from monday -wed ? Half payment?
    And every payment would run from thursday to Wednesday like JB?
    I was expecting next payment on thur, the 6th of feb.
    I am soo confused, also, I am not being paid for my child dependants.

It's different for every person. I get paid every Friday and i am on Monthly certs.
    But if you read back there have been so many issues. It's a minefield to be honest.

I'm not sure about child dependents but as One more troy mentioned contact them on twitter on Monday and they will call you back really quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

What day is illness benefit paid exactly? Got half payment from 27th - on thur 30th jan. and now, full payment on saturday 1st feb. (due on monday 3rd Feb).

What kind of weekly income gross less PRSI does your partner have?

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭irishfemme

Non, we dont live together. They never pick up their phone, so no point calling. I will email them.
    splinter65 wrote: »
    What kind of weekly income gross less PRSI does your partner have?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Non, we dont live together. They never pick up their phone, so no point calling. I will email them.

Twitter is the only way to get through to them. They usually call same day

Thanks, I guess I would join twitter so....
    Twitter is the only way to get through to them. They usually call same day

• Advertisement

Thanks, I guess I would join twitter so....

@welfare_ie

Thats the account you need

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Pay Dirt

Any help appreciated.

Normal payday is every Friday into my bank a/c.

Due to a mix up in certs I only got paid for 2 days on Friday 24th (Approx. 60 euro)

I called notifying them to which they said the remaining balance (140 euro) would go into my account on Tuesday 28th and my normal weekly payment would resume as of last Friday.

I didn't receive my 140 owed to me that Tuesday, instead it went into my account this past Friday however there was no sign of this weeks normal payment.

Anyone able to shed some light on what's going on?

Pay Dirt wrote: »
    Any help appreciated.

Normal payday is every Friday into my bank a/c.

Due to a mix up in certs I only got paid for 2 days on Friday 24th (Approx. 60 euro)

I called notifying them to which they said the remaining balance (140 euro) would go into my account on Tuesday 28th and my normal weekly payment would resume as of last Friday.

I didn't receive my 140 owed to me that Tuesday, instead it went into my account this past Friday however there was no sign of this weeks normal payment.

Anyone able to shed some light on what's going on?

Can't shed any light and i don't think they can either, not being funny by the way.
    Just message them on twitter and they will arrange someone to call up and it's usually very quick too.

BohsCeltic wrote: »
    Can't shed any light and i don't think they can either, not being funny by the way.
    Just message them on twitter and they will arrange someone to call up and it's usually very quick too.

1,000 posts show how inept the welfare system is

• Advertisement

I figured this out, I only had 3 waiting days on my IB claim as supposed to the 6 days, as I was on MB.

Awaiting their response on twitter, my dependants were not added.

My claim was dealt with within 10 workings days... so, seems they are on top of things.

They replied to me on Twitter and said they'd get someone to call but they still haven't :-(

They replied to me on Twitter and said they'd get someone to call but they still haven't :-(

Don't worry they will call - if you don't hear anything today get back on twitter tomorrow

I got through to them myself as they weren't calling

I spoke to a extremely rude and confrontational woman who couldn't give me an explanation as to why I didn't receive a payment last week, mumbled something about escalating it to another department or supervisor that would take 5 working days while all the while giving me no resolution and justification for leaving me with absolutely no payment.

When she couldn't give me an explanation she mumbled something about them possibly paying me for 2 weeks instead of 1 at the start of my claim last year, that I was in debt for that week, that it's now come to light, and they've taken the payment back.

If this is the case, can they do that? Give me no prior warning, just decide to stop a payment without any notification whatsoever?

For the record I 100% did not receive any double payment, this is something you would remember. Also she saidmy normal payment will resume this Friday so its not as if theres an investigation into my claim- they've just stopped a full week and resumed with the payment

Just seems like they've stopped this payment, with no consideration or notification - obviously we all have bills to pay and living expenses so to just stop a week like this seems ridiculous

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Check your bank statements to make sure you did not receive any double payments in the past.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭claregal1

ibsupportcc@welfare.ie
    Hi guys that's the email address for the call centre ..if you know the name of the person you were talking to , address it to the attention of and it will be sent to that person .
    I too was having difficulty where they said they weren't receiving my forms etc. I eventually got through to a lady that gave me that email address and her first name and my claim was dealt with and back payment etc received within 3 working days .

hawthorne wrote: »
    Check your bank statements to make sure you did not receive any double payments in the past.

100% I did not receive any double payment

I got through to them myself as they weren't calling

I spoke to a extremely rude and confrontational woman who couldn't give me an explanation as to why I didn't receive a payment last week, mumbled something about escalating it to another department or supervisor that would take 5 working days while all the while giving me no resolution and justification for leaving me with absolutely no payment.

When she couldn't give me an explanation she mumbled something about them possibly paying me for 2 weeks instead of 1 at the start of my claim last year, that I was in debt for that week, that it's now come to light, and they've taken the payment back.

If this is the case, can they do that? Give me no prior warning, just decide to stop a payment without any notification whatsoever?

For the record I 100% did not receive any double payment, this is something you would remember. Also she saidmy normal payment will resume this Friday so its not as if theres an investigation into my claim- they've just stopped a full week and resumed with the payment

Just seems like they've stopped this payment, with no consideration or notification - obviously we all have bills to pay and living expenses so to just stop a week like this seems ridiculous

That doesn't sound right. I don't think they communicate to each other at all. They messed up my payment many times. Their suggestion was to borrow from family or friends. Then the worst one, Being told i can just eat cornflakes untill my payment comes through.

It's like some of them forget that we are human. I've being paying PRSI since i was 16. You would think it was their own money ffs.

That doesn't sound right. I don't think they communicate to each other at all. They messed up my payment many times. Their suggestion was to borrow from family or friends. Then the worst one, Being told i can just eat cornflakes untill my payment comes through.

It's like some of them forget that we are human. I've being paying PRSI since i was 16. You would think it was their own money ffs.
    Every call is recorded . I know this because I worked in the Revenue Call Centre and calls can and will be played back if you make a complaint. All IT need is your phone number to trace a call .
    That's disgraceful customer service....

claregal1 wrote: »
    Every call is recorded . I know this because I worked in the Revenue Call Centre and calls can and will be played back if you make a complaint. All IT need is your phone number to trace a call .
    That's disgraceful customer service....

This wasn't over the phone. This was face to face to a community welfare officer. I do not know how i managed to keep my calm.

• Advertisement

This wasn't over the phone. This was face to face to a community welfare officer. I do not know how i managed to keep my calm.

I would still make a complaint, that's awful.
    I'm shocked at that to be honest .

I've now had 6 back and forths on Twitter in the last 36 hours with each message being an assurance it's been passed on to the relevant department and I would get a call - still nothing

Unfortunately, I didn't get a call back too but my issue has been resolved.
    I've now had 6 back and forths on Twitter in the last 36 hours with each message being an assurance it's been passed on to the relevant department and I would get a call - still nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭splinter65

Did you not go to the CWO to apply for an SWA?

splinter65 wrote: »
    Did you not go to the CWO to apply for an SWA?

Can the CWO pay me?

I heard you now have to make an appointment with them in advanced?

I'm based in Dublin City Centre and the CWO sit daily

Can the CWO pay me?

I heard you now have to make an appointment with them in advanced?

I'm based in Dublin City Centre and the CWO sit daily

See this is the problem. When the IB dept. called me they advised me to go to the CWO to get SWA. They wouldn't give it to me. And being sick it wasn't easy for me to go to their office too.

My local intreo centre just requires you to take a ticket on arrival and wait to be seen. But the last was a wasted journey.

See this is the problem. When the IB dept. called me they advised me to go to the CWO to get SWA. They wouldn't give it to me. And being sick it wasn't easy for me to go to their office too.

My local intreo centre just requires you to take a ticket on arrival and wait to be seen. But the last was a wasted journey.

My Intreo Centre is just round the corner and CWO sits from 10-12 daily so I will pop in tomorrow and ask for SWA Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭gnarbarian

Hi there, I wonder can anyone help because I'm stressed that my money wont come in next week.. So my IB cert runs out on Sunday 1st of March and I was with my doctor last week who told me that he is putting me on another 6 month cert but he has to do it all online now and there is no more actual paper certs to send off anymore?
    He asked me to ring into the GP office on tues or wednesday (which I did) to remind him to put the cert through.. I have already received a text from IB telling me that if I am to continue receiving IB that I must send in my next cert by the 2nd of March, but as I mentioned earlier that certs are no longer needed to be sent in?
    Maybe its just me and I'm stressing for nothing. Has anyone else dealt with their doctor doing it online and not sending off a cert to IB and how did it go?

When will the increase to €305 be made available does anyone know?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

When will the increase to €305 be made available does anyone know?

My understanding is that it's only for those who are on a 14 day isolation - but I could be wrong.
    Either way the legislation needs to be introduced, pass the Dail and Seanad, and be enacted first.

Advertisement