Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Map of swimming pools in Dublin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I'm putting together a map of swimming pools in Dublin, I have got 17 in so far, but I'm sure there are a lot more. If anyone has any suggestions of pools I'll try and put them up too.

Wow, what a great idea! Thanks OP!

I've been living in Harold's Cross for 3 years now and I had no idea there was a pool down the road in Terenure! I'm heading there tonight now! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭andywozhere

cosmic wrote: »
    Wow, what a great idea! Thanks OP!

I've been living in Harold's Cross for 3 years now and I had no idea there was a pool down the road in Terenure! I'm heading there tonight now! :D

Glad you like it, hope you had a good swim :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

riverview on beaver rowe in Dublin 4

poisonated wrote: »
    riverview on beaver rowe in Dublin 4

Done.. David Loyd is number 13 (for the moment).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

Few more pools for the list...

Jackie Skelly, Nutgrove Retail Park (Churchtown/Rathfarnham)
    Westwood, Leopardstown race course
    Total Fitness, Blackglen Road, Sandyford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭poisonated

kl
    also friarsland on clonskeagh road and St micheals college across from st vincents university hospital

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

another one in Crumlin: here

also one in Herberton Leisure Centre (not sure if this is public or private)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,696 ✭✭✭trad

Deaf and Dumb school on the Navan Road opposite Ashleaf s/c (Navan Road / Rathoath Road Junction.

Killiney Castle Hotel. Killiney Hill Road

• Registered Users Posts: 1 likeminded

finnstown house hotel has a nice pool

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 whatdahack

nice cheers :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭james1234

Great job.

Swim Ireland have a fairly comprehensive list here not sure if you've checked this out already, lists for all other counties too.

Obviously not quite as good as your map, but you could approach them too to see if they're interested in adding your map.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 speedo

There is a new pool in Ballinteer see below

Martin Cullen TD, Minister for Arts, Sport and Tourism this afternoon (Thursday 7th May 2009) officially opened the new Meadowbrook Sports and leisure facility at Broadford Road, Ballinteer, Dublin 16.

The Meadowbrook Sports and Leisure Facility is run by Dún Laoghaire Leisure Services Ltd, a wholly owned sudsidiary of Dún Laoghaire Rathdown County Council. The new complex includes a25 metre, 6-lane swimming pool, 13m x 9m learner pool, gymnasium, aerobics room, 4 playing pitches, tennis court, squash courts and meeting room.

james1234 wrote: »
    Great job.

Swim Ireland have a fairly comprehensive list here not sure if you've checked this out already, lists for all other counties too.

Obviously not quite as good as your map, but you could approach them too to see if they're interested in adding your map.

I've put the map up on Google Maps... so now anyone can use it on their site :)

Here's the link:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msa=0&msid=107772441202625816207.00046ac3427b908e0d3b8&ie=UTF8&ll=53.37145,-6.291046&spn=0.230643,0.617294&z=11

Will update the rest of those pools this weekend hopefully!

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭presotrader

moved house recently, still finding my bearings. thank you for the list, it was great.
    there should be a new gym opening in Sandyford (BSQ) as well, but not clear when and if they have a pool. also a Crunch in Cherrywood, 100% with a large pool.

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭boksmashoffice

Glenroyal Hotel in Maynooth has 2 swimming pools. One for Kids and One for Adults.
    NUIM also has a pool

regards

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ariidae

There is a 22m pool in the Maldron Hotel on Cardiff Lane, Dublin 2. It is a member only thing though ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Norb

I'm new in Dublin, but love to swim. So thanks for the map. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 cian287

Not sure if it counts but I swam in an endless pool in Ballymount today ?

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭picorette

To update your site:
    Meadowbrook Swimming Pool opened in Ballinteer in 2009.
    Rathmines new pool opened in 2010.
    Both have excellent facilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭annieoburns

Jackie Skelly (or what ever it is now called?) opposite Nutgrove Shopping Centre, beside the Aldi outlet.

• Advertisement

Jackie Skelly (or what ever it is now called?) opposite Nutgrove Shopping Centre, beside the Aldi outlet.

Another good pool, although members only.
    Energie Fitness is the new name.
    www.energiefitness.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 thejimmy

Hi,

Is there an easy way to tell which of these pools are public and/or pay-as-you-go?

No easy way (unless original creator changes it)

For southside local authorities, these are the main public pools (although plenty of the private do pay-as-you-go public swims) :

http://www.dublincity.ie/RECREATIONANDCULTURE/SPORTSFACILITIES/SWIMMINGPOOLS/Pages/swimming_pools.aspx

www.dlrleisureservices.ie/

http://communityservices.southdublin.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=26&Itemid=55

For the northside, Fingal County Council do not provide a list on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciaraciara86

hi there is a small 20m swimming pool on the dart line on lansdowne road just at the back of marian college boys school. it is a public swimming pool and you can have a swim for a fiver and 3yoyos for kids they do one on one lessons with teachers that have been teachin over 20 yrs and group adult lessons and kids lessons,also pay as you go on the best aqua aerobic class that i have ever been too and i have been to a few around dublin and ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 PARANA

The best and longest swimming pool is in Westwood in Clontarf:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ciaraciara86

hey yeah i have to say west wood is great BUT you should check out the lenght of that pool i have heard its not 50m long!!! did u ever wonder how ireland had a "50m pool" and never used it for comps???

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭swimmer_hoop

Rumour is that it's 49.5m long, or 49.9m but was made that way to avoid Galas. I dunno I only trained there once so not sure, only rumours.

Not got the facilities for Galas anyway, even if it was 50m, too shallow for comfortable diving off blocks.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 cftb_11

Castle Park Swim Academy in Dalkey

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Madda

Hi all, I am just after moving to the Dublin 1 area. I was wondering if anyone knows of a swimming pool that I could go to once or twice a week near Tara Street station?

• Advertisement

Hi Madda,

The Markievich is just beside Tara Street Station. It's on Townsend Street. Number 25 on the map . You can either join or pay-as-you-go.

Advertisement