Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Heroes of the Storm (HoTS) General Chat Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭dibkins

Bought Abathur over the weekend, holy crap he is fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

dibkins wrote: »

How are you all playing this?! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Alpha invites, luck of the draw. Very polished though from what i have played.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭delta36

dibkins wrote: »

I'm surprised to hear that heroes are available for purchase, considering it's in alpha, however polished it may be.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Companion box

Transactions need testing too, the whole thing is synced to your bnet wallet so nothing is lost if things are reset or broken.

• Advertisement

BeerWolf wrote: »
    How are you all playing this?! :o

I know someone who knows someone who got me into the alpha!

All the purchases you make are refunded to your bliz wallet when it enters beta (or maybe when it is released fully). Things are kinda expensive.

I bought the starter 10 hero pack. I'm also sorely tempted to get this:

skin-abathur-pjs-choochoo-so-damn-cute-ahhhhh.jpg

Edit: I caved and got it.

I have now unlocked the cutsey aeroplane version \o/

Also, so glad they did away with the runes. Illidan with shields was...scary.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Will Blizzard actually bother releasing this? Zero hype or anticipation. Its even deader than Starcraft at this stage.

Orizio wrote: »
    Will Blizzard actually bother releasing this? Zero hype or anticipation. Its even deader than Starcraft at this stage.

It is still only in closed alpha. I imagine they'd wait a bit closer to knowing when it was coming out before trying to build hype. If I recall, hype was only really built for Hearthstone was there was talk of an open beta.

Hearthstone filled a niche and offered something relatively new. HotS hasn't even gotten these two things going for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭julan

Really looks cool

So, apparently my 3 stack got streamed to 500 people on a crushing defeat last night. Oops.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Got a key for the alpha.

Whats this like at the moment?

I haven't played some WoW expansion came out:P Generally great though. Just dive in and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭ferrigan101

Is this into Beta yet? Just noticed a mate on Real id playing it....

Not till Jan, but they are sending out waves of Alpha invites the last few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

Is anyone playing this? I've been in since Alpha but only started playing recently. Its in closed beta now. It's the first time i've really tried a MOBA and at the moment i'm rubbish!

Anyway I'm interested in playing with others if around. I'll dig out my battle tag when I get home.

[edit]battle tag is Woden#1375[/edit]

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have a spare key if anyone wants one, PM me.

EDIT: Gone already!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ah missed yet another key,keen to play this.
    Is it noob friendly?

Dcully wrote: »
    Is it noob friendly?

Very.

• Advertisement

I decided to buy the founders pack and take a punt and im really enjoying it.
    Win / Loss isnt good something like 3 wins to 7 losses so far but im doing ok in terms of takedowns / deaths as im pretty cautious.

Havent enjoyed a MOBA as much as this.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I decided to buy the founders pack and take a punt and im really enjoying it.
    Win / Loss isnt good something like 3 wins to 7 losses so far but im doing ok in terms of takedowns / deaths as im pretty cautious.

Havent enjoyed a MOBA as much as this.

Got an invite to the beta last night and played a few games. I like what they are doing with the focus on objective control, but the team levels and the feeling that i can't outplay my lane opponent with superior mechanics make it feel somewhat shallow. Will give it a few more tries as i enjoy the range of maps and the familiar Blizzard Heroes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Game is strangely addictive. Why, i don't know

Its blizzards dark magic at work :P

I cant get enough of it, its insanely addictive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Its blizzards dark magic at work :P

I cant get enough of it, its insanely addictive.

It's great fun. Even if they seem incapable of understanding that stitches needs proper nerfs.

Played a quick game as abarhur today and one of the guys was rocking with the Vikings. So many possibilities my head still hurts from it. Had to Valla it up after it to relax.

Its got that Blizzard polish. Plus its much easier and quicker than LoL/DOTA and so it doesn't make you feel as bad.

I'm already beginning to lose interest in it after a couple of weeks though. The maps don't help - that one with the ship is awful gameplay wise, as is the haunted mines.

Can you use abathur ult on vikings?

Anyone up for some bonus xp playing with a friend add me Cully#2309

Got into the beta (unless it's become open and I just didn't realise), looking forward to see what it's like.

FYI for anyone else, I didn't get an email telling me I was in the beta, it just appeared as downloadable in the Blizzard launcher.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I got into the Alpha last year and played for a bit. I returned this week and its a lot of fun. Balance changes are good. They tend to nerf the guys who need it. They need to work on Illidan at the moment. He's incredibly strong. The pro's complain about zeratul but he has a high skill cap....random pug Zeratuls are always garbage. A monkey can play Illidan to a high level.

The matchmaking needs work too. If your team has a support and the other doesn't, it's a walkover. They need to fix that. I've started to just play Uther to ensure my team always has a healer.

Advertisement