Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Monday 17th June

• 17-06-2019 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

2:45 - Catterick

My only bet of the day. Tricky Dicky rides under a penalty as a result of this win at Pontefract last week. Even with the penalty, he's still below his peak rating and seems to have been reborn under Roger Fell.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭SonOfGoat

I have about 5 or 6 bets lined up. Fairly confident bets too.

2.00 Carlisle, Space Ace. Around 5/2 backing this to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Eagerly awaiting your bet in the 2.30 here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Mostly Harmless

Been busy with real work the last while but there are three I like at Carlisle today.

Jacobs Pillow (3.00) looks to be coming to hand a bit of late and very nicely weighted on best historic form. One of only a few that could get into race behind winner that quickened off an easy lead last time at Pontefract and should get a fairer run race here today. 16s seemed very big and a relative nap for me.

Also ex Irish one Ishebayorgrey (3.30) has been knocking on door in few runs for Jardine and he should go well again with drop back in trip and a testing finish likely to suit running style.

Other one I liked was Roisin Box (4.30), who is also a former Irish trained horse, not set the world alight in two runs for current yard but this is bit easier and has small drop in weights too, first run on softish ground for new yard and not too hard to improve former JJ Murphy ones in my opinion. Price is no great shakes but should be getting involved if not gone at the game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

2:45 - Catterick

My only bet of the day. Tricky Dicky rides under a penalty as a result of this win at Pontefract last week. Even with the penalty, he's still below his peak rating and seems to have been reborn under Roger Fell.

Robbed, very unlucky. Painful.

Keith Dalgleish is after having 3 winners already today. He has a full card still to go at Carlisle. I would back him blind for the rest of the day.

• Advertisement

My banker of the day and it's a lay.

4.15 Catterick, Anyonecanhaveitall around 13/8 on the exchange. Layed it. If this wins it'll really hurt me for ascot but I'm fairly sure this will get beat.

Cwazy Ascot Eve at Windsor Sooopa Doooopa Yankee

5.40 Kaylens Mischief , Broad Appeal
    7.10 Sir Roderic
    7.40 Dominus
    7.40 Diamond Dougal ( how could not back a horse called Diamond Dougal )

one more sleep.

Last bet of the day for me.

This is a bit of info. If you want to make a few bob for ascot lay the following horse. I have it on good authority it won't win today.

4.45 Catterick, Morning Duel, around 1.96 on the exchange. Had a very hefty lay on this. Won't win today.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭PhuckHugh22

SonOfGoat wrote: »
    Last bet of the day for me.

This is a bit of info. If you want to make a few bob for ascot lay the following horse. I have it on good authority it won't win today.

4.45 Catterick, Morning Duel, around 1.96 on the exchange. Had a very hefty lay on this. Won't win today.

I had a look at that race earlier. I was inclined to think he should be opposed but it is an absolutely desperate race. Best of luck with the bet but i found it hard to find something to beat so didnt bother having a bet.

I wasn't going to have a bet but at the price I can't resist.

6.20 Nottingham. Aplomb. Around 7/4, I thought this would be a lot lot shorter. Getting stuck in for the win.

• Advertisement

I think the bookies are playing with peoples heads today.

In the 7.10 Sir Roderic is around 2/1 or 9/4. I have the horse priced up around 7/1. No way should the horse be 5/2 not a chance in hell. That won't win that race. The bookies are playing games today!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

In fairness to you Goat, that's a decent string of bets. Well done.

Advertisement