Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭montgo

Pinky,

You can transfer/upload your results from Ancestry, etc free of charge but you have to pay $19 (normal price) in order to have full use of FTDNA's tools. So this offer is aimed at non FTDNA customers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,609 Mod ✭✭✭✭pinkypinky

Ah! Thanks.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Ancestry: Buy one month’s Premium Membership by 17 October – with access to more than 1 billion UK records – for £1.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

2x free tickets to Back To Our Past inside delivery copies of the Irish Times today if not all copies - only found the envelope now. Also the same for the Ideal Homes Show the week after

From memory, free tickets for BTOP are never hard to find anyway

Yeah, I don't know how they make any money on BTOP.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭tabbey

pinkypinky wrote: »
    Yeah, I don't know how they make any money on BTOP.

They make plenty of money from the stand holders.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Ancestry: Buy one month’s Premium Membership by 17 October – with access to more than 1 billion UK records – for £1.

Is there a code for this? All I have is the £13.99 option for one month

OU812 wrote: »
    Is there a code for this? All I have is the £13.99 option for one month
    I just click on the link in the email and it takes me straight to the offer. I have previously registered an account (although not subbed).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

I just click on the link in the email and it takes me straight to the offer. I have previously registered an account (although not subbed).

It must be a specific direct marketing campaign. I'm also registered but did not get an email.

It must be a specific direct marketing campaign. I'm also registered but did not get an email.
    Ah I see... bad luck guys :P

• Advertisement

Ahem, if people want to PM me, I *may* be able to assist in this ticketing matter.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭BowWow

Ancestry DNA Test Kit - €59.99

MyHeritage DNA Test Kit - €49.99

Ancestry 20% off subscriptions for New and Returning customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

Is there any way to get that Show Offer online anywhere? I'd like to buy a couple of the Ancestry DNA kits as presents.

That offer was only for the show. But maybe wait for US Thanksgiving. They often do deals at holiday periods.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sesame

That offer was only for the show. But maybe wait for US Thanksgiving. They often do deal at holiday periods.

Good idea, I'll hold off for a couple of weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

Hadn't really been interested in DNA tests up to recently but with Christmas coming up and no other ideas for presents for ourselves we may just give it a go. Roll on Thanksgiving, 23rd November!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,033 ✭✭✭OU812

Ancestry DNA kit is currently €59.

Does anyine know if I bought the My heritage kit, could I use the results on Ancestry?

I don't think Ancestry allows transfers from any other sites.

I transferred the opposite way (Ancestry to MyHeritage) for someone but the matches are pathetic. Something like 7 in total and the top one is estimated to be "1st to 5th cousin". That particular match is on other sites and he shares a surname with the paternal grandmother, so I was able to pin him down as a third cousin with a small bit of work.

Genealogy Forum Mod

Wow! Seems an amazing deal! I might even order some for cousins who don't want to spend any money:) Need to check if one can upload the results from MyHeritage to Gedmatch.

Save 55% and enjoy the lowest price EVER on MyHeritage DNA.
    Give your loved ones the perfect gift. With MyHeritage DNA, they will discover their ethnic origins and make new family connections.
    Buy as many kits as you want for ONLY €39 each! They make truly unique holiday gifts.
    Enjoy free shipping for orders of 2+ kits.

FTDNA also has some great offers for Black Friday.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Advertisement

One month of World Package from FMP for €3.74!

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

montgo wrote: »
    One month of World Package from FMP for €3.74!

Is there a discount code?

Click here. The discount was automatic, no code apparently required.

Don't forget to unclick the automatic renewal or at least cancel it before month ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭hjr

montgo wrote: »
    Click here. The discount was automatic, no code apparently required.

Thanks Montgo! You've just cost me €3.74 and my wife may not see me for the next few weeks but into the deep I go!

It's only a bargain if you'll use it! Really tempted by the irishnewsarchives offer but I don't use it all the time and €10 for a day is very reasonable when I do need it.

I upgraded a Y DNA test that has been essentially useless from 12 to 37 markers. There's more I could do there but didn't want to commit lots of money to it. In general, I find autosomal more worth while.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,108 ✭✭✭pedroeibar1

It's only a bargain if you'll use it! Really tempted by the irishnewsarchives offer but I don't use it all the time and €10 for a day is very reasonable when I do need it.

I upgraded a Y DNA test that has been essentially useless from 12 to 37 markers. There's more I could do there but didn't want to commit lots of money to it. In general, I find autosomal more worth while.

I've subscribed, (thanks Montgo, it did not work without your link). It's less than the price of a pint, so any little bit of use justifies it. FWIW my FTDNA 37 marker Y-DNA did nothing for my research, nor did the autosomal from Ancestry.

Can we try keep this thread just for offers please? Pedro has posted about why it didn't work for him in the DNA thread before I think.

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Junipers

Lost of Black Friday deals listed by Claire Santry http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-genealogy-special-offers.html

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Junipers wrote: »
    Lost of Black Friday deals listed by Claire Santry http://www.irish-genealogy-toolkit.com/Irish-genealogy-special-offers.html

The rootsireland one mentioned by Claire is worth getting. What I liked was they allowed me to add the reduced subscription on to the end of my current one. Often these deals are only for new subscribers.

Advertisement