Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Male long hair question

• 14-11-2019 5:23pm

I've had long hair a few times before, but I'm in my 40s now, and I enjoy having my hair just above my shoulders. I don't tend to visit hairdressers often since I'm in China, and they tend to want to give Korean boy cuts. Horrible. Long hair is extremely unfashionable here so they cut oddly regardless of what I tell them. Thankfully, being older, my hair doesn't grow as fast as it used to.

The only problem is that it naturally splits down the middle so that the hair falls to either ear. I'd like to have it set up to go backwards, similar to when it's tied up in a pony tail, but a little loose. At the same time I want it free rather than tied. Not sure how to explain it better. :o

I've seen a variety of guys who seem to be able to do it, but I've no idea how they're doing it. It doesn't look as flaky with hair spray or gel, and I haven't seen any hair clips.

So... am I missing something obvious? Or is it just a good hair cut?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Maybe try You Tube. There might be some there that explain how to do it or even Google it.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

You'd have to blow dry it that way. Most people have hair which falls into a natural parting - if you want it to sit differently, you have to get it that way while it's wet and set it with the dryer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

I have long hair in a pony tail down to around the middle of my back, and still I have to use a pomade type substance on my hair from the front of my hairline to close enough to where the hair is tied, so that the hair on my head is neat.

I have fairly curly hair, I don't know what your hair is like obviously, but a pomade would be a good option.

You can put Layrite in when your hair is wet, and it will mostly hold it whatever way you want. There's a ton of other options on the market, I just prefer this one. It is relatively expensive stuff though.

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

I’m a Dapper Dan man !

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I think a good hair cut and some product, like pomade or light wax as someone else mentioned. If your hair is pretty much the same length all over you'll find it hard to just brush back, you'd need some shorter layers around the front. Have you tried a hair dresser opposed to a barber, I don't know where exactly you live but maybe travel to a bigger city that would have trendier salons?

Always good to bring a pic, it sounds like you're trying to get a bit of a Bradley Cooper going on, but maybe a bit longer?

bushy-beard-bradley-cooper-hairstyles.jpg

• Advertisement

Thanks folks. The advice is Appreciated

Advertisement