Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android and iPhone Design

• 17-11-2020 1:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

I need to create an Android and iOS app. I need to create an app for a festival that will show events that are happening at the festival. I have all the details and design I need. I'm just wondering what's the best way to do it?

I have HTML, CSS and JavaScript experience.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Nolic wrote: »
    I need to create an Android and iOS app. I need to create an app for a festival that will show events that are happening at the festival. I have all the details and design I need. I'm just wondering what's the best way to do it?

I have HTML, CSS and JavaScript experience.
    Phonegap or cordova

Essentially the app is a Web view wrapped around a webapp

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Nolic

Just checked PhoneGap there - Adobe has discontinued PhoneGap Build and ended investment in PhoneGap and Apache Cordova.
    This website is no longer being updated.

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭jumbone

Nolic wrote: »
    Just checked PhoneGap there - Adobe has discontinued PhoneGap Build and ended investment in PhoneGap and Apache Cordova.
    This website is no longer being updated.

Adobe ending investment in Cordova does not mean cordova is dead, last release was August 4, 2020

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Is it a throwaway app or will it live on and need maintenance and TLC later?

Look at ways to use the same code on both platforms (cross-platform apps) like Xamarin.Forms

FN_01.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

If it's a one off, it might be worth taking a look at one of the app builders if the requirements are fairly straightforward.

Something like AppGyver

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Nolic

The App wll be used only for the festival but will need to be updated every year for the festival. It's basically a schedule for the festival. A day to day programme.

Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'd develop it in Xamarin.Forms and try to future proof it so when it grows from just a schedule to also include ticket sales etc you already have provision for that.

There are already templates you could look at and reuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Flutter

Advertisement