Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy M20 EUR166.98

• 26-04-2020 4:37pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Been looking around for a replacement mobile as I broke my current one during the lockdown.

Found the Samsung Galaxy M20 on Amazon Spain @ EUR 159.99 + 6.99 shipping
    It says envivo gratis, but I think that only accounts for the Spanish mainland.

Can't really argue with a Samsung M20 @ 166.98 (incl. of shipping).

Note- this is the 4Gb RAM/64Gb ROM black version only- other colours or specs are more expensive.

Link here: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07NDWWN5F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

Ordered one this morning as a replacement for my wifes Nokia 7 plus.

Looks great value for the money and a great battery in it.
    Can't go wrong for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 36,161 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Use an A20E as a work phone which is the cheaper version of the M20. Very solid handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,350 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Its seem like a lot of new phone it has no headphone jack, might be a deal breaker for some.
    The M30s for 199eur could be better value?

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Used the M20 for a few months, the Battery life Is phenomenal!

asking for a discount code?

edit- never mind, sorted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Been looking around for a replacement mobile as I broke my current one during the lockdown.

Found the Samsung Galaxy M20 on Amazon Spain @ EUR 159.99 + 6.99 shipping
    It says envivo gratis, but I think that only accounts for the Spanish mainland.

Can't really argue with a Samsung M20 @ 166.98 (incl. of shipping).

Note- this is the 4Gb RAM/64Gb ROM black version only- other colours or specs are more expensive.

Link here: https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B07NDWWN5F

Is this a brand new phone or refurbished? I'm looking to replace my s7 as the battery is going and can't justify the price of an s10 but this looks similar spec to the s7.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Cucullan wrote: »
    Is this a brand new phone or refurbished? I'm looking to replace my s7 as the battery is going and can't justify the price of an s10 but this looks similar spec to the s7.

Brandnew- warranty is with Amazon, who are very easy to deal with.

I can't comment on how this compares to an S7- other than batterywise- you should get 2 days out of this- whereas the wifey never gets more than 14-16 hours on her S7.

Only downside- its shipping from Spain- and in the current climate it could very well take its own sweet time getting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

I can't comment on how this compares to an S7- other than batterywise- you should get 2 days out of this- whereas the wifey never gets more than 14-16 hours on her S7.

Only downside- its shipping from Spain- and in the current climate it could very well take its own sweet time getting here.

I meant to say it's similar in spec to the M30s which is what I'm thinking of getting. For €200 I think I'll take a chance, did you order the M20? How long was delivery?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,003 ✭✭✭iggy

I ordered mine on the 26th April and it got despatched today so hopefully have it in next few days

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Anyone have this phone now and willing to share any opinions on it. Looks like a great phone, and still available for that price.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Anyone have this phone now and willing to share any opinions on it. Looks like a great phone, and still available for that price.

Arrived today.
    First impressions- my 9 year old did a 2 hour video call with two of her friends from school, and the battery was still over 80% (though the phone was running hot). Photo quality decent in bright sunlight (this afternoon)- can't speak for what its low light photography is like.
    Wifi is very decent on it- parts of the house that are normally blackspots have ok signal strength (and it happily picked up our home network from out in the carpark).
    Screen quality is decent (from someone moving from a Motorola G7+)
    Notch is less pronounced than on a Motorola- but still very noticeable

Moving from a Motorola G7+ its a definitive improvement but I'm guessing the improvement is in battery life and to a lesser extent screen quality.

I'm happy with it (so far)- hopefully it stays that way.

Arrived today.
    First impressions- my 9 year old did a 2 hour video call with two of her friends from school, and the battery was still over 80% (though the phone was running hot). Photo quality decent in bright sunlight (this afternoon)- can't speak for what its low light photography is like.
    Wifi is very decent on it- parts of the house that are normally blackspots have ok signal strength (and it happily picked up our home network from out in the carpark).
    Screen quality is decent (from someone moving from a Motorola G7+)
    Notch is less pronounced than on a Motorola- but still very noticeable

Moving from a Motorola G7+ its a definitive improvement but I'm guessing the improvement is in battery life and to a lesser extent screen quality.

I'm happy with it (so far)- hopefully it stays that way.

Perfect summation thanks.

This is down to 140 + 6 euro postage now, blue or black available.

Edit: apologies 150 total. Postage is 8 euro, and phone goes up to 142 when delivery is to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brodam

It states Spanish version....what does that mean precisely and does it make a difference?

many thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

brodam wrote: »
    It states Spanish version....what does that mean precisely and does it make a difference?

many thanks

The only difference is probably the charger will be 2pin EU type. It will most likely SM-M205FN/DS that you receive which is the EU version.

brodam wrote: »

many thanks

I think, but don't know, amazon es label the global/EU version of phones as Spanish. Its worked OK in Ireland according to a few posts up anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 brodam

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 20,393 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Ordered a pretty similar spec Xiaomi Redmi note 8 last week. 4000Mah battery,does have a jack though I think.

https://m.geekbuying.com/item/Global-Version-Xiaomi-Redmi-Note-8-6-3-Inch-4GB-64GB-Smartphone-Black-419977.html

The M20 has a jack- and comes with a set of Samsung ear buds (wired).
    Decent sound out of them (good bass).

I ordered this in the end, in blue. Hopefully it'll do a decent job. Not a big game player on my Phone so think it should serve me OK. Glad it's got a jack, wasn't sure.

Just need to order a case for it now. Not due to get here until 2nd June anyway.

• Advertisement

I got a case for it separately from Amazon.co.uk (the cases on Amazon.es wouldn't ship here ironically enough).
    I wanted to get a Spiegel or something similar- but settled for a wallet cover made with faux leather and a rubber insert to provide some internal resistance.

Seems like this phone has gone out of stock from Amazon. Third party seller only option now, who won't post to Ireland, and is charging 190 euro.

Edit: available to order again from amazon for the 150 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 evster

Does the phone arrive unlocked? Thanks

evster wrote: »
    Does the phone arrive unlocked? Thanks

Yes, unlocked- you can use it on whatever network you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭cathalj

Seems like this phone has gone out of stock from Amazon. Third party seller only option now, who won't post to Ireland, and is charging 190 euro.

This seems to be showing at €140 now - just ordered one (i think !) - €150 delivered. Thanks OP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭paddy19

Dual sim too which is handy.

cathalj wrote: »
    This seems to be showing at €140 now - just ordered one (i think !) - €150 delivered. Thanks OP

Yeah, on the translated page it says available 4th June but available to order today. I paid the 150 delivered too. Mines not dispatched yet, but hopefully next day or two it'll be on its way.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭pjq

This offer for blue is still available , click on the OP's link , then click to change the colour to Azul (blue) . $150.17 delivered.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Dammit missed it again back up to 200 on the blue. Will have to check back again regularly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭SteM

Could you track it on camelcamelcamel?

Advertisement