Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4k Fire TV stick - PLEASE READ OP BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

I have downloaded Pluto TV. But it keeps giving error that this app is not available in your region.

Any idea what could be wrong? I have tried using US VPN.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭stamjoe

TheDriver wrote: »
    only issue with that one is that its for live tv. If you want catch up, you need the one from last may

fY

Funny enough that link only shows me catchup, no live tv? Must have changed, anyone got a link for the live tv one?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,797 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

have netflix, prime, disney+, rte player,live net tv and a few other aps

not sure I need much more than that tbh

my connection was dropping using the vpn (stack social one) which was brilliant for the price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

mailburner wrote: »
    have netflix, prime, disney+, rte player,live net tv and a few other aps

not sure I need much more than that tbh

my connection was dropping using the vpn (stack social one) which was brilliant for the price

Connected to a projector it's fantastic especially for the kids weekly cinema night.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Alpha Centauri

Get an app called "Apps2Fire" for your phone (assuming your android). Apps that you have on your phone can then be installed on your Fire stick once they're both on your home network.

heres a demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDCwzO2CGw

look into "filelinked" for Firestick also...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,782 ✭✭✭bromley52

johnire wrote: »
    Very detailed response-many thanks.
    I'm actually an iPhone user-any way around that?

Move to Android.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Very detailed response-many thanks.
    I'm actually an iPhone user-any way around that?

You could probably install an app like file commander on on the fire TV stick and link it to Google drive. Then you could upload the APK files from either your iPhone or any other device with Google drive access.

Once you have them in there you should be able to access them in the file commander app and install them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Download the downloader app to firestick. Input url of apk to that

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭headnorth

Get an app called "Apps2Fire" for your phone (assuming your android). Apps that you have on your phone can then be installed on your Fire stick once they're both on your home network.

heres a demo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zuDCwzO2CGw

look into "filelinked" for Firestick also...

Easy Fire Tools is also brilliant. Install on phone and connect wireless to your fire stick, no need to install an app on the fire stick, it will just auto install whatever app you send from your phone to it automatically.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,372 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I thought the days of needing the phone to firestick apps are gone with downloader and filelinked?

• Advertisement

I thought the days of needing the phone to firestick apps are gone with downloader and filelinked?

Some filelinked stores are great but not all the apps are accessible even from different stores. I personally find my fone quicker,typing etc... but downloader is a great tool too.

headnorth wrote: »
    Some filelinked stores are great but not all the apps are accessible even from different stores. I personally find my fone quicker,typing etc... but downloader is a great tool too.

Which are the best filelinked? I find tanya's on youtube (firetvsticks) great but haven't tried others.

Which are the best filelinked? I find tanya's on youtube Average Ed (firetvsticks) great but haven't tried others.

Tanya's store is huge and probably 1 of the best, Average Ed 47713348 & Electrical MD 85810914 are nice back ups. Kevin Porteous on YouTube has great videos up all the time, no filelinked store but you can save his website in downloader for 1 click downloads to tonnes of apks.

Tanya is 71607934

I notice the non Tanya filelinked have modified apks compared to Tanyas. Interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,683 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Anyone can recommend me a Kodi pack? I have got empty one.

I notice the non Tanya filelinked have modified apks compared to Tanyas. Interesting.

Yeah it can look a bit strange or concerning, even, when it has Mod* in the title but most times it means that the modifier/modification has stripped out adds or simply just updated the apk or the original dev abandoned it and the new Mod version is his work. Virus checker apk's can be used to test any apk that you download on your fire stick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Anyone can recommend me a Kodi pack? I have got empty one.

Sorry I create my own....plenty of videos online.

The prebuilt ones are full of too much stuff I fidn

• Registered Users Posts: 16,815 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

johnire wrote:
    I've downloaded the HBO Go app but am confused regarding the sign up option. I read somewhere that to get over the problem of a US credit card you can opt to pay by PayPal but I can't see anywhere to do that? Also do you not need to have a subscription anyway with a US TV provider? Thanks.

Open a US play store account on a phone or tablet. Buy play store vouchers on (US) Amazon.com or online gift card seller. Load voucher on play store & subscribe to HBO Go through US play store. You now have a paid HBO account. You can log in on Firestick or whatever device you want.

Hulu are doing a three month special for members. Get the Showtime add on for 5 dollars a month instead of 10 dollars

I followed this video but after downloading the three apps as instructed it won't go beyond the first one -Fire TV Settings Helper
    A message comes up about a USB Debugging should be switched on. I can't find that setting anywhere. A pity has it looked good.

http://www.aftvnews.com/how-to-enable-adb-debugging-on-an-amazon-fire-tv-or-fire-tv-stick/

• Advertisement

OmegaGene wrote:
    Bargain alert thread has gone weird with all the tech chat

In fairness for the duration of the thread, 75 percent of the time the Firestick isn't a bargain. People click onto thread only to discover that Firestick isn't reduced at that particular moment in time. The original "bargain" is long gone.

OmegaGene wrote: »
    Bargain alert thread has gone weird with all the tech chat
    It's a difficult one because most people with a firestick want a bargain TV stick but have little tech knowledge hence why you won't find a firestick thread over in the tech sections. As such, there is a continuing bargain regarding what you can get for free (legally) on it. There is rarely a bargain on the stick itself and the Thread title would be updated to reflect this but if people want me to shut it down, I'm happy to.

I think it's a good thread for people getting a Firestick (bargain or not) for the first time. It can be overwhelming.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,374 ✭✭✭twirlagig

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I think it's a good thread for people getting a Firestick (bargain or not) for the first time. It can be overwhelming.

I think it’s a great thread also.
    I ordered one and am expecting it this week, I’ll definitely be referring back over this thread for tips etc

It should probably be moved to android devices forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭shardylan

twirlagig wrote: »
    I think it’s a great thread also.
    I ordered one and am expecting it this week, I’ll definitely be referring back over this thread for tips etc

I’m the same and finding the info esp for a novice very helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 1,360 ✭✭✭Technique

Is there a catch-up app for the Virgin Media channels? Looking to watch Inside the K as I missed most of it when it was on.

Technique wrote: »
    Is there a catch-up app for the Virgin Media channels? Looking to watch Inside the K as I missed most of it when it was on.

Yes but you need mouse toggle. It's a fairly crap app on the firestick

Technique wrote: »

Virgin media player can be sideloaded to android TV boxes so I assume the fire TV stick would be the same. It's not optimised for the big screen though so navigation is pants but you can usually get to what you want.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭clickhere

It's a difficult one because most people with a firestick want a bargain TV stick but have little tech knowledge hence why you won't find a firestick thread over in the tech sections. As such, there is a continuing bargain regarding what you can get for free (legally) on it. There is rarely a bargain on the stick itself and the Thread title would be updated to reflect this but if people want me to shut it down, I'm happy to.

I think it should be left open. I personally got great information from all the generous post's on here. Thanks to you all for taking the time to share your knowledge with us all.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement