Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Just saw it....do you need to commit to 20 eur every month ? or just get the phone ?

Also assume its locked and dual SIM ?

Sorry ,I dont know .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Just saw it....do you need to commit to 20 eur every month ? or just get the phone ?

Also assume its locked and dual SIM ?

Phone is locked and dual SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

coldfire1x wrote: »

Cheers cost of unlock code ?

Cheers cost of unlock code ?

Everything you want to know is already in the thread.

You're probably looking at around €30 to unlock, or you can do it for free if you know someone with a Vodafone account and NAC codes remaining on their account.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ordered one on Sunday late afternoon, delivered today. Quite impressive turnaround.

did u have to buy the 20 eur plan ?

Its forcing me to add that in basket before order !

• Advertisement

did u have to buy the 20 eur plan ?

Its forcing me to add that in basket before order !

You select it, but you don't pay for it when buying. You top up whenever you want after you get the phone (or don't, if you don't want to).

The person I got it for has been using the phone with no credit since they got it, and are planning on porting back to 3.

You could also just use a throwaway SIM to port across, much like people did for the Pixel 3a.

You select it, but you don't pay for it when buying. You top up whenever you want after you get the phone (or don't, if you don't want to).

The person I got it for has been using the phone with no credit since they got it, and are planning on porting back to 3.

You could also just use a throwaway SIM to port across, much like people did for the Pixel 3a.

Good man...thanks for the response...ordered it here !

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Are you sure it's dial SIM? Bought one for €99 before Christmas and it was single-SIM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Quackster wrote: »
    Are you sure it's dial SIM? Bought one for €99 before Christmas and it was single-SIM.

Thats weird. I am pretty sure they all are dual sim. Are you using a sd card in one of the slots?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Thats weird. I am pretty sure they all are dual sim. Are you using a sd card in one of the slots?

No. The model number suggests it is dual-SIM but the software doesn't have any of the SIM-management options you'd find on dual-SIM phones and it only lists one IMEI number.

I ended up buying the Samsung A40 from Three instead and that is dual-SIM.

• Advertisement

Anyone knows how to get unlock NAC from voda ? Is it based on anyone who has been with voda long enough ? I have work phone from voda

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Darksoul

Anyone knows how to get unlock NAC from voda ? Is it based on anyone who has been with voda long enough ? I have work phone from voda

3 days ago I tried this, all I had to do was open the Vodafone app,and in top right corner is the chat button.basically just ask for phone to be unlocked and someone will ask you the make of phone and a few other basic stuff.

Have the IMEI number of phone ready to be unlocked.

Within 5 mins later they more or less said,we will send on a code within 21 days and my phone will be unlocked,I only joined Vodafone 6 months ago.

Hopefully this helps.

Darksoul wrote: »
    3 days ago I tried this, all I had to do was open the Vodafone app,and in top right corner is the chat button.basically just ask for phone to be unlocked and someone will ask you the make of phone and a few other basic stuff.

Have the IMEI number of phone ready to be unlocked.

Within 5 mins later they more or less said,we will send on a code within 21 days and my phone will be unlocked,I only joined Vodafone 6 months ago.

Hopefully this helps.

It will be interesting to see if this works for you. I was unlocked immediately by logging into My Vodafone. This is their criteria:

Bill pay customers:

Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
    You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account

Pay as you go customers:

Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code

If you know someone with an account that meets the criteria, get them to log in to my Vodafone. Then you need to hover over the My Vodafone tab at the top > Device and SIM > Unlock my phone. You probably need to use the desktop site rather than mobile, but the URL you need is:

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/subscriptions/nac.html

Enter the IMEI of the phone and you'll get the unlock code immediately.

It will be interesting to see if this works for you. I was unlocked immediately by logging into My Vodafone. This is their criteria:

Bill pay customers:

Your Vodafone account must be paid up to date
    You need to be connected to bill pay for at least 12 months or have spent €200 on your account

Pay as you go customers:

Must have topped up by at least €127 in the last 12 months for your first unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €254 in the last 12 months for your second unlock code
    Must have topped up by at least €381 in the last 12 months for your third unlock code

If you know someone with an account that meets the criteria, get them to log in to my Vodafone. Then you need to hover over the My Vodafone tab at the top > Device and SIM > Unlock my phone. You probably need to use the desktop site rather than mobile, but the URL you need is:

https://n.vodafone.ie/myaccount/subscriptions/nac.html

Enter the IMEI of the phone and you'll get the unlock code immediately.

Thanks...have anyone tried this for work phone ? My employer pays the bill so i wont know any details on last bill amount etc

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

What's the lead time when one orders, I orders 11th May and not here yet...

In my case, I ordered on a Sunday night, got it on the Tuesday.

Looking back now, ordered Sunday 10th May, received it Tuesday 12th May.

I just tried checking status of order and got exception error...cannot match order with email...also never got email as well

I just tried checking status of order and got exception error...cannot match order with email...also never got email as well

I never received an email, and always had the error like you. It still arrived within 2 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Bored.1e

Ordered 9th May and still no delivery. Didn't get confirmation email . Money was taken from my account.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Is this deal over? Went to try and buy the phone but see it says 'not available online.' Can this deal be got in store, or is it just online?

• Advertisement

buyer95 wrote: »
    Is this deal over? Went to try and buy the phone but see it says 'not available online.' Can this deal be got in store, or is it just online?

Looks like that...probably out of stock !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Looks like that...probably out of stock !!
    Would the same deal be available in store?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,523 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Bored.1e wrote: »
    Ordered 9th May and still no delivery. Didn't get confirmation email . Money was taken from my account.

Same with me, order May 11th

Same with me, order May 11th

Has anyone else got it barring one person

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

I've tried to order it about 6 times now, what a waste of time

• Registered Users Posts: 6,523 ✭✭✭SteM

My wife ordered one on 9th May, money taken from the account on 11th May but no sign of it and no follow up emails. Surprised vodafone haven't started cancelling and refunding if they don't have stock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭loopymum

SteM wrote: »
    My wife ordered one on 9th May, money taken from the account on 11th May but no sign of it and no follow up emails. Surprised vodafone haven't started cancelling and refunding if they don't have stock.

The amount has been pending on my card each and just falls off then, I did get an email a couple of times after creating several new accounts and then would find it cancelled for no reason

• Registered Users Posts: 12 AJB23

Ordered on the 12th for my wife and received the phone on 15th. Came without the band though so trying to follow up with Vodafone on that with little joy. Worst experience I've ever had trying to buy something relatively straight forward. Vodafone payment system is shockingly bad.

AJB23 wrote: »
    Ordered on the 12th for my wife and received the phone on 15th. Came without the band though so trying to follow up with Vodafone on that with little joy. Worst experience I've ever had trying to buy something relatively straight forward. Vodafone payment system is shockingly bad.

Yup, they're useless. I ordered the Pixel 3a deal last October when it first came out. After a week, nothing was showing on the tracking and Vodafone staff couldn't shed any light on what was happening. They advised I order a second time, and of course the next day both phones were delivered at the same time.

Shocking.

• Advertisement

Yup, they're useless. I ordered the Pixel 3a deal last October when it first came out. After a week, nothing was showing on the tracking and Vodafone staff couldn't shed any light on what was happening. They advised I order a second time, and of course the next day both phones were delivered at the same time.

Shocking.

Did you get a free phone :pac::pac:

Advertisement