Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei P30 lite + Huawei Band 4 for €129.99

Comments

Zardoz wrote: »
    People are sheep .
    Apple hardware is underpowered and overpriced but people will lap it up.

complete rubbish

even the lowest price iphone the iphone se has the A13 cpu with easily beats the flagship snapdragon in benchmarks

https://www.gearstoday.com/comparision/apple-a13-bionic-vs-snapdragon-855-plus/

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jim salter wrote: »
    What is it with Irish networks, none of them offer dual sim phones

Bought a Samsung A40 from Three a few months ago and it's dual-SIM. Came locked to Three but the second SIM slot will work with any network as long as a Three SIM is in the first slot.

• Registered Users Posts: 680 ✭✭✭jim salter

Quackster wrote: »
    Bought a Samsung A40 from Three a few months ago and it's dual-SIM. Came locked to Three but the second SIM slot will work with any network as long as a Three SIM is in the first slot.

They are far and few between on Irish networks.

All my phones have been dual sim (all have been bought sim free online).

Current is Xiaomi Mi9SE DS

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Bazzy

I tried to order another phone on the deal and anytime I complete the transaction the discount is removed at the last step

Rang and got transferred to 7 different people the last lad to be fair was fairly helpful and replicated the fault and raised it with the technical people and told me to try again tomorrow

I used to think of vodafone as a premium product i've had more luck with Eir and that says a LOT

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

jim salter wrote: »
    They are far and few between on Irish networks.

All my phones have been dual sim (all have been bought sim free online).

Current is Xiaomi Mi9SE DS

Yeah, that's true. A lot of Samsungs seem to be supplied as dual-SIM recently though.

It was a great deal though as it was only €90 (€100 off for porting) + mandatory €20 top-up and then came with €120 bonus credit which I've been able to spend on the Play Store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭gussieg

so trying again today as well as it says still in stock, get to go to payment page and thats as far as it goes , no reply from live chat yet,

Ordered one on Sunday late afternoon, delivered today. Quite impressive turnaround.

Basil3 wrote: »
    Ordered one on Sunday late afternoon, delivered today. Quite impressive turnaround.

Also logged into a relatives Vodafone account, requested the NAC code, and was given it immediately. SIM unlocked phone straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,079 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

When do you get the watch? Does it come with the phone?

When do you get the watch? Does it come with the phone?

Yeah, was delivered with the phone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭hawkeye_bmr

Ordered one of these last night, but I have had no confirmation email to say anything about the order, only a marketing preferences email.

Money has gone from my account so hopefully they process it as my current P9 is slowly becoming unusable as battery is terrible, and that's the 2nd battery that's in it...

Ordered one of these last night, but I have had no confirmation email to say anything about the order, only a marketing preferences email.

Money has gone from my account so hopefully they process it as my current P9 is slowly becoming unusable as battery is terrible, and that's the 2nd battery that's in it...

In my case, tracking never worked, never got a confirmation email (just the email you got) and it showed up after a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,415 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Would this be a decent upgrade for a Redmi Note 5 thinking of getting it as a replacement for the Mrs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭larchielads

Site not loading for me on my phone anyone else have same problem?

The Vodafone site is abysmal for ordering phones.

Click

Loading..........................................................................................

Click

Loading..........................................................................................

Click

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The Vodafone site is abysmal for ordering phones.

Click

Click

Click

Click

Error

Aurora colour is back in stock this morning. Was out of stock when I ordered on the weekend.

The Vodafone website is a mess. It used to function fairly well, but was extremely dated. They have been upgrading for at least the last year, and it's still not all fixed. Up until not that long ago, you would get diverted to their old site when trying to buy a PAYG phone.

Aurora colour is back in stock this morning. Was out of stock when I ordered on the weekend.

The Vodafone website is a mess. It used to function fairly well, but was extremely dated. They have been upgrading for at least the last year, and it's still not all fixed. Up until not that long ago, you would get diverted to their old site when trying to buy a PAYG phone.

If you are ordering for the band (or due to the band). Be aware there is a large chance you will not recieve it.

That is of my own (and others) experience with them is the norm

If you are ordering for the band (or due to the band). Be aware there is a large chance you will not recieve it.

That is of my own (and others) experience with them is the norm

Already ordered it for a family member, they received it (with the band) a couple of days ago.

Aurora is out of stock again black is available and breathing Crystal but that's €319 for some reason

• Advertisement

Already ordered it for a family member, they received it (with the band) a couple of days ago.

I'm two weeks waiting for mine after the P30 Pro purchase.

Glad someone got it!

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭barrystealover

Also logged into a relatives Vodafone account, requested the NAC code, and was given it immediately. SIM unlocked phone straight away.

How did that get you around having to switch over to Vodafone on the €20top up per month. I want the phone for an eir sim

How did that get you around having to switch over to Vodafone on the €20top up per month. I want the phone for an eir sim

Well the person I did it for tried to stop the port, but didn't manage it in time, so they will use Vodafone for one month before porting back.

You can do the same, or get a throwaway SIM from Eir that you port across, then unlock and use your current Eir SIM. There's a few ways you can do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Anyone got Nokia 2.3 from Vodafone prepay? Does it have a simlock?

Got my phone this morning. No band.

Annoying. Anyone have the same thing happen?

Got my phone this morning. No band.

Annoying. Anyone have the same thing happen?

Seems they've removed the free band from the website. Guess they only had limited stock.

Not such a great deal now with the free band gone

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭voluntary

Not such a great deal now with the free band gone

This phone was in a deal without the band for 99 last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,520 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Seems they've removed the free band from the website. Guess they only had limited stock.

Banner on the site now says its the Band 3 Pro they are offering.

Free Huawei Band 3 Pro when you buy Huawei P30 Lite until 31.05.20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,924 ✭✭✭Roberto_gas

yabadabado wrote: »
    Banner on the site now says its the Band 3 Pro they are offering.

Free Huawei Band 3 Pro when you buy Huawei P30 Lite until 31.05.20.

Just saw it....do you need to commit to 20 eur every month ? or just get the phone ?

Also assume its locked and dual SIM ?

Advertisement