Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 15ARE05 15.6'' Ryzen AMD 16Gb DDR4 3200Mhz 256Gb SSD - €490

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,466 ✭✭✭skinny90

im getting an error" Cart was removed since exceed cart reservation limitation of 30 minutes."

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

the Irish site seems to be as cheap if not a touch cheaper than the UK equivalent in some cases.
    The link and code given earlier on page 2 in the thread works. Try in a browser with the cache and cookies cleared.
    Coupon Code: 4xeMTyOjIdJc for whoever needs it

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

i think its somehow mucking it up as having been in an earlier cart

im going to try to get in navigating to the main site and finding the login area, try the customization myself.

but cheers again for the steer, still optimistic now that ill get it at a fair discount

ok sorry i couldn't help further . I think you are right about having something in cart before and then checkout and back to cart causing errors , I tested the link in a different browser and seemed to work ok . Also Kudos to the OP who suggested I sign up for the newsletter . Further 10 percent off brought the build down to 460

sapphade wrote: »
    ok sorry i couldn't help further . I think you are right about having something in cart before and then checkout and back to cart causing errors , I tested the link in a different browser and seemed to work ok . Also Kudos to the OP who suggested I sign up for the newsletter . Further 10 percent off brought the build down to 460

see my edit!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭sapphade

welcome and thanks very much to the original OP Francobegbie for starting this thread

• Advertisement

skinny90 wrote: »
    im getting an error" Cart was removed since exceed cart reservation limitation of 30 minutes."

Any ideas?

as i think we worked out it might take going in to a build that hasnt been added to a cart, tho i dont know how sapphade is managing to generate those links

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

Once you go to cart stage, don’t think you can rebuild. Just restart. And remember, you must use a Uk shipping address.

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Paranoid Mandroid

Doff wrote: »
    How did you use the newsletter 10%? I haven't received an email from them since signing up :(

Took about 10 minutes to land in my promotions Gmail folder.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jasonhn

looks like the emailed 10% doesnt work on the Irish rewards site for the 4700u or 4800u, any other choice it works

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Mr.Menace

jasonhn wrote: »
    looks like the emailed 10% doesnt work on the Irish rewards site for the 4700u or 4800u, any other choice it works

10% worked for me on all configurations on the Irish site

• Advertisement

going to clear my cache see if i can get it to work for the 4700u or 4800u

ok, I found the reason, the multitouch screen seems to cause it.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭BJG524

dodzy wrote: »
    Once you go to cart stage, don’t think you can rebuild. Just restart. And remember, you must use a Uk shipping address.

Even on irish site?

no- i am getting one sent to me at my home address from the irish site and got the 10% off

Getting it without windows 10 as many seem to be doing, is it easy to install that after or?

no- i am getting one sent to me at my home address from the irish site and got the 10% off

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

BJG524 wrote: »
    Getting it without windows 10 as many seem to be doing, is it easy to install that after or?
    There's a tool you can download directly from MS that'll create an install image on a USB key. You'd probably need to change the boot order (SSD > USB) in the BIOS, but that just involves hitting a key and navigating a few menus.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

Just to let you know i forgot to add backlit keyboard rang and they wont change unless i cancel entire order and reorder, guess il have to do without

• Registered Users Posts: 2,368 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Is the 3.2mm screen ok , what’s the difference between this and the thinner one.

475euro for
    4500 Ryzen
    16gig ram
    256 ssd
    70kw battery
    Upgraded charger
    Upgraded wireless
    Backlit keyboard

That all good?

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

maddog1983 wrote: »
    Just to let you know i forgot to add backlit keyboard rang and they wont change unless i cancel entire order and reorder, guess il have to do without

What number did you ring?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,095 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is the 4500U worth the extra €50 over the 4300U? It'd mainly be used for browsing, no image or video editing, and the only games played would be the Facebook kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭maddog1983

What number did you ring?

english help line +44 1256 774577

• Registered Users Posts: 9,856 ✭✭✭dodzy

XsApollo wrote: »
    Is the 3.2mm screen ok , what’s the difference between this and the thinner one.

475euro for
    4500 Ryzen
    16gig ram
    256 ssd
    70kw battery
    Upgraded charger
    Upgraded wireless
    Backlit keyboard

That all good?

The screen will be more than good enough. The rest of the spec you selected is spot on. Pretty much same as mine (I did throw in the touch screen option - a gimmick I'm sure I'll never use - and finger print scanner)
    Is the 4500U worth the extra €50 over the 4300U? It'd mainly be used for browsing, no image or video editing, and the only games played would be the Facebook kind.
    For what you intend to use it for, the 4300 won't even break a sweat. EVER.

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 4700U
    Operating System - Free-DOS
    Memory - 16GB DDR4 3200MHz Onboard
    Second Hard Drive - 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 3.2mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel

i reckon thats 560 quid well spent, thanks to OP and everyone who helped out throughout

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

Ordered the Intel version last weekend from a link on HUKD.

Processor - Intel Core i5-1035G1 Processor (1.00GHz, up to 3.60GHz with Turbo Boost, 4 Cores, 6MB Cache)
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Hard Drive - 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 14.0" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 2.4mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - NVIDIA GeForce MX350 GDDR5 2GB 64bits
    Color - Light Teal
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Palmrest - Metal
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Battery - 3 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 57Wh
    Power Cord - 95W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

Came in at 560 using Parcel motel and revolut. 4 week wait mind.

Can't see anything like this value elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭thecutter

Thanks OP
    Pulled the trigger on this

Processor - AMD Ryzen 7 4800U Processor (1.80GHz, Max Boost up to 4.20GHz, 8 Cores, 8MB Cache)
    Operating System Language - Free-DOS
    Second Hard Drive - 256GB Solid State Drive, M.2 2242, PCIe-NVMe, TLC
    Display - 15.6" FHD (1920x1080), IPS, Anti-glare, 2.6mm Thickness, 300nits, Narrow bezel
    Graphic Card - Integrated Graphics
    Color - Graphite Grey
    Keyboard - Keyboard Backlit Iron Grey English (UK)
    Camera - 720p HD Camera with Array Microphone
    Surface Treatment - Anodizing
    Fingerprint Reader - Fingerprint Reader
    Palmrest - PC/ABS
    Battery - 4 Cell Li-Polymer Internal Battery, 70Wh
    Power Cord - 95W AC Adapter (3pin)-UK (USB Type C)
    Wireless - Wi-Fi 6 2x2 AX, Bluetooth Version 5.0 or above
    Language Pack - Publication-English
    Warranty - 1 Year Courier or Carry-in

All for €579.15 which is incredible value

• Registered Users Posts: 4,045 ✭✭✭The Ayatolla

Should I select the dummy drive then for the second one select my preference like 256gb?

Will that let me increase capacity later on?

Should I select the dummy drive then for the second one select my preference like 256gb?

Will that let me increase capacity later on?

If you select NONE rather than DUMMY in the first selection, it will allow selection of a better 70wh battery

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

What's the story with free dos is lads? Are ye loading Linux on there after or is that a decent is in itself?

• Advertisement

What's the story with free dos is lads? Are ye loading Linux on there after or is that a decent is in itself?

Windows 10 keys can be bought legit very cheaply online

Lenovo are charging €100 for the pleasure of having it pre-installed

Or there is always Linux

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement